Lance skin

T-Dog

Hey Guys, i got shust a little question for the staff members etc. Maybe you can answer my question, too ;D . I'm wondering that i got the lance skin ingame. I read only the staff members got this skin :eek: I don't know if i got it because my account exists that long or just because i got it by a mistake :) I don't know ;D Hope somebody can help me and you excuse my miserable english :-[ ::)

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
You mean your character's sprite is of Lance?

There was an old Staff member, who hasn't been with us for years now, who when the additional sprites were added to the client, decided to randomly give players the Lance sprite, just for the hell of it. This was against Staff Policy and the practice was quickly stopped - but due to the number of players that were changed, we decided only to switch back sprites of those who actively complained about it - as a result, many players may still have the Lance sprite, which is normally reserved for Staff.

To my knowledge, neither PWO nor the Playerdex offer any method by which a player can change their sprite, though this may change in the future. For now, you are permitted to keep the Lance sprite; though I will be happy to change it myself if you wish to have a normal sprite instead.

T-Dog

Oh ok :) I just wondered why everybody have the nomal skin and i'm loking like the old original pokemaster ;D Because as i startet to play, i only had the normal skin, too. ^-^ I would love to keep the skin if i'm allowed to. O:)

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Actually I just had another thought. I think people who have purchased Membership also get a special sprite...

DomT.

Youngster
Jinji said:
Actually I just had another thought. I think people who have purchased Membership also get a special sprite...
Which one? :D normal sprite with Green name and a Star? :p

Rigaudon

Youngster
For anyone else that might stumble across this topic -
If you don't like the sprite, you can revert to your original sprite on playerdex.pokemon-world-online.net under My Account -> Character.
Know that reverting is, as far as I know, permanent, so don't change your sprite unless you really dislike being Lance because you won't be able to change back.