Lance Player Model

DLLrul3rz

Not really a serious question, but why am I able to use Lance as my character sprite? I'm not complaining or anything, it's a cool look and I'd rather it than the default, but what did I do to deserve this? I'd look more into it myself, but the 'My Account' area says that if I change back to default I'll lose the Lance skin.

So what gives?

Nikola

Youngster
In past sprites have been changed for number of players. You aren't able to get custom sprite at the moment. You might be able to do so in future if they introduce character customization.

Animagus

Don't worry, everyone gets Lance sprite as an option on starting the game. Though, once you switch to the default male sprite, you can not switch back to Lance again.
Hope it helps, enjoy the game.

DLLrul3rz

Animagus said:
Don't worry, everyone gets Lance sprite as an option on starting the game. Though, once you switch to the default male sprite, you can not switch back to Lance again.
Hope it helps, enjoy the game.

That seems a little weird, but alright, thanks. I joined last year actually, and didn't have him as an option, so I guess they gave it to all accounts. Or maybe cause I just reactivated my account.

Animagus

They did actually give it to all accounts, as far as i know. Some people were given this sprite by a staff member and later in order to keep things fair, everyone was given the sprite.
So no need to worry, you may use it without any trouble.

Alexei

New accounts have default sprite from Pokemon emerald. Staff managed to change this for new accounts but not for already affected ones due to not being able to determinate the gender or something like that. Can't remember at the moment.
http://i.imgur.com/lE7r8n4.png

Animagus

Oh there we go. As it turns out, my new account got the Lance sprite because it was an alternative account.
So from now on, new accounts don't have the Lance sprite option. But some accounts acquired the sprite during an unplanned change.
Thanks Fonty and Alexei for clearing things up.