Kanto Re-spawn Project Block Six.

Rigaudon

Youngster
I'm posting here so I can keep an eye on the topic and be made aware of any feedback. (Sorry if this was a disappointing topic bump.)

Pretentious

I’m probably alone in this as far as players go, but I think the new SRR is great.

1. SRR truly becomes a fighting reservation. Did I like having the option to find Scyther, Growlithe, Makuhita, and Hitmon___ on the same map? YES. But having too many awesome Pokes in one area really weakens the hunting capabilities of other maps. Many people have mentioned that Geodude and Graveler are not fighting Pokemon, but there had to be another common Pokemon on the map to balance the spawns, and Geo seems to be the most plausible given the habitat.

2. SRR becomes a decent levelling spot in Kanto. Higher (but not too high) spawns allow for a nice experience yield for that point in the game. Although I haven’t encountered any of the HRs since the change, I have encountered a nice blend of the other available Pokemon. The re-spawn project isn’t aimed toward high-level veterans; it seems to be all about creating a more exciting and complete experience along the way.

3. The only thing I don’t really care for is that you can only hunt one area at a time. I think it would be cool to have a linear progression (ex: catch hitmonlee, then have to catch hitmonchan, then be allowed to find hitmontop), but one at a time is kinda confusing and bothersome. :/

Electrofreak

Pretentious said:
I’m probably alone in this as far as players go, but I think the new SRR is great.

1. SRR truly becomes a fighting reservation. Did I like having the option to find Scyther, Growlithe, Makuhita, and Hitmon___ on the same map? YES. But having too many awesome Pokes in one area really weakens the hunting capabilities of other maps. Many people have mentioned that Geodude and Graveler are not fighting Pokemon, but there had to be another common Pokemon on the map to balance the spawns, and Geo seems to be the most plausible given the habitat.

2. SRR becomes a decent levelling spot in Kanto. Higher (but not too high) spawns allow for a nice experience yield for that point in the game. Although I haven’t encountered any of the HRs since the change, I have encountered a nice blend of the other available Pokemon. The re-spawn project isn’t aimed toward high-level veterans; it seems to be all about creating a more exciting and complete experience along the way.

3. The only thing I don’t really care for is that you can only hunt one area at a time. I think it would be cool to have a linear progression (ex: catch hitmonlee, then have to catch hitmonchan, then be allowed to find hitmontop), but one at a time is kinda confusing and bothersome. :/

You, I like you. Keep doing that thing with the keys and keyboard and the sense-making. Rare breed you are.

Ontopic: I like the new SRR cuz it makes scyther valuable and doesnt give you a single spot to hunt for two major battlers all at once (arca and scy), while still having an option to find a decent S VR in tyrogue, and HR in the hitmons.

AhmadRZ

brother I forgot I had that one email account even though I had been taking help "get email reminders " I just remember the username .Usernama AhmadRebilaZizou

Takumi93

whats different about Seafoam Islands it looks the same or did I miss something? is lapras new?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Takumi93 said:
whats different about Seafoam Islands it looks the same or did I miss something? is lapras new?

Lapras and Jynx are both new, Seafoam Islands B4F is now also the best place to fish up horsea to get the dragon scale in Kanto. In a nutshell they are the major additions.

Alexei

Nice to see changes being made. However, could you log such updates somewhere? It's very important to know what's being changed and why. Being organized is very important where people can see actual changes being made, in this case you need to note down Pokemon being changed and why change actually ever took place. Thanks

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Alexei said:
Nice to see changes being made. However, could you log such updates somewhere? It's very important to know what's being changed and why. Being organized is very important where people can see actual changes being made, in this case you need to note down Pokemon being changed and why change actually ever took place. Thanks

This is where you'll find all the information:

http://pwo-wiki.info/index.php?title=Ka ... wn_Testing

We don't update it straight away however as this is still the testing phase of this block. Once we decide testing is complete, maybe up to a week after the initial release, we consider the changes pretty much permanent and this page will be updated with the latest information.

Other than that we don't actually announce all the changes with the release of the new blocks because we hope and expect players to find out for themselves what has changed in those areas.

Rigaudon

Youngster
Sorry, normally I wouldn't post when another staff has, but here's a little extra info.

This holiday season has been extremely busy for me. Normally I update Blocks as soon as they happen but hadn't had time to yet. I made a disclaimer on top to let you guys know but looking back, I don't think I made it noticeable enough. I probably should have made it in big bold red. I suppose lesson learned!

Boora

Youngster
Taking cue's from the HAndheld is a bad call fonty,
bare in mind this is pwo, it takes less then 2 weeks to beat all the gyms if you play around an hour aday a specially when you can trade after five, and buy a lv 99 for pretty much nothing nowdays,
the changes and respawns should be for the players that are still around after beating the gyms not the other way around,
the few loyal members you have left, i mean come on, how silly can you be, with everything that's going on in pwo, and the less then 10% capacity you have now compared to before, and you stil find ways to piss off the little you have left (people) ,
its like my drivng teacher told me back in 06, dont look at the mirrors because you have too, do it to actually see whats going on around you
what i'm trying to say dont push random updates and changes no one needs (bulldoze) or wants (removing schy,grow) just for the sake of saying we did an update,
you beraly have 50 online memebrs, the least you can do is give them Decent updates, and not "nerfs"

Takumi93

HitmonFonty said:
Takumi93 said:

Lapras and Jynx are both new, Seafoam Islands B4F is now also the best place to fish up horsea to get the dragon scale in Kanto. In a nutshell they are the major additions.
ohh ok I thought Jynx was always their that's where I thought I caught it before, and Omanyte used to be there too I think.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Hmm you're probably right about Jynx. Omanyte was removed a long while back however when fossils were correctly implemented in PWO.

I appreciate your honesty boora, however we do have to consider all players, and a great number of new players join the game each day and their first impressions will be of the game is part of what we are creating from the ground up in the spawn blocks. We don't ignore your feedback at all, but we may answer it in different ways than you expect. Our plan encompasses the whole of Johto and Kanto so until we get to the end there will seem like imbalances, not enough hunting for this or that, but the idea is that when we get to the end everyone, older players and new, will have a game they get something out of playing day to day, week to week etc.

Alexei

I wanted to point out one of the several issues I am finding very unhealthy for the game and it's players. One of them is removing certain spawns without giving them habitat straight away. One of them was Snorlax who was removed good year without giving him habitat straight away. Such things are causing imbalance and sudden market changes for no good reason. Another one would be the Pinsir who suddenly got removed from Virdian Forest and Safari zone 1 and Safari zone 2. Pokemon became UC overnight while it was removed from it's natural habitat. Only way to get one is by "donating". So if I like Pinsir I have to pay for it in token store or pay funny price for it from another trainer. This is happening for a lot of time.

I am aware that you have the patterns you are editing spawns with and priority list. What are you doing here is causing imbalance as you give advantage to players who already amassed those on easier way. It is understandable to remove gen 3 Pokemon and wait until Hoenn to catch it but removing Kanto or Johto Pokemon without giving them place right away is sloppy action of yours. You have no excuse to give for such action nor any explanation of why this is happening because we already have natural habitats for those Pokemon. When you do a job then do it right. You have to be less sloppy and more organized. Editing spawns isn't small thing to do and it should be responsible task. However, you shouldn't be damaging the game by not providing the habitat straight away if the habitat is already available. That being said, you have to give it place to live soon as you remove it, you have to re-locate it to avoid having bad impact on the game and economy itself. You have 0 reasons to wait for a year before you re-locate the Pokemon if the Pokemon already has a place to be inhabited on. Only possible reason to give would be that there are too many caught Pinsirs so let's make it UC for a year or so to reduce the numbers. This is very very sloppy. Please be more serious when you are doing such important actions as they have great impact on the game and economy.

Also, I wanted to point out issue with PWO wikipedia. I am aware that it's being edited by a people who don't get payed but such things are very important as they directly lead or mislead players: http://i.imgur.com/vrfG84N.png You have to be better organized and not sloppy. Don't mean any offense and as you can see I am giving you friendly suggestion here. Thanks

Maastis

Well i'll be direct, i've been at this seafoam island now a few days, and it sucks so bad now, no1 wants to be here anymore..... serious VR gyarados?... and no shellderp with surfing anymore?....
Just add shellder back to VR when surfing here... no1 wants to fish it, this place rly needs better VR poke while surfing, than gyarados...... staryu back?

ps. i was on the riverside too when it got updated, so bad R pokes there now.... left there straight, u guys should left atleast makuhita there... and scyther... :-\