Kanto Re-spawn Project Block Six.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
That's right, the re-spawn project continues with Block Six. You'll find news spawns at:

Splitting River Reserve
Seafoam Islands

Plus! A new quest in Diglett's Cave, which when you complete it will give you access to a new TM.
EDIT: TM Bulldoze is available to all who finish this quest. Please let us know of any issues and just let us know how you liked it or not if you didn't. This update technically belongs to Spawn Block 4 but we have been unable to complete it until now.

Also watch out for more after the next server restart! Chuck and George in Carved Cavern seemed to have relaxed their guarding skills lately, and may let you past when they previously wouldn't if you prove yourself worthy. Gichin also should prove more chatty and ready to give some players a boost up that ladder he's been guarding so jealously.
EDIT: New players completing the Saffron Fighting gym now have 3 choices of where to hunt at Splitting River Reserve. As well as that, after you catch the star pokemon in your chosen part of the reserve you can show it to the guard at the entrance and you will then be able to make a second choice with the Saffron Fighting Gym leader again. You can still only access one area at a time, but you can move from one to the other once you have caught the hitmon from each map. Any issues as always please pass them on, either here, Playerdex Bug Catcher, or in person to me or Rigaudon.

So let's get to it people, join the testing and let us know what you think of the new spawns! Speak up here- we appreciate all constructive feedback. :)

darkshadow.

I will be very direct:

-That new Tm nobody needs it, it's useless
- By taking growlithe and scyther , you reduce the people in river for like 50% or more
- I didn't have time to hunt for a gligar in the event but still got the razor claw, explain me where can i hunt now the epic gligar i'm looking for?

PaawanTono

darkshadow. said:
I will be very direct:

- By taking growlithe and scyther , you reduce the people in river for like 50% or more
- I didn't have time to hunt for a gligar in the event but still got the razor claw, explain me where can i hunt now the epic gligar i'm looking for?
I support you darky . They need to give Scyther back >.>

BlueExorcist

PaawanTono said:
darkshadow. said:
I will be very direct:

I support you darky . They need to give Scyther back >.>
i agree growlithe and scyther and Makuhita back in Splitting River Reserve
Splitting River Reserve if is need Fighting types poke why is have Geodude ,Graveler?,i think is better if is have change add new pokes
heracross is have Mt Silver Lower Mountainside and National Park ::)
the tm is very bad tm Bulldoze no one is need that, the game is have tm Earthquake so the Bulldoze is unnecessary for exist

DomT.

Youngster
darkshadow. said:
I will be very direct:

+1...All say is Correct..Removing of Scyther from there was useless..Now where to catch Scyther now...Safari Zones??? ??? Second a waste TM out..Bulldoze no one needs it..You guys could have added Roost or Energy Ball either..Still Saying try to get Waterfall and Surf in PWO!!

BlueExorcist

UW01 said:
darkshadow. said:
I will be very direct:

+1...All say is Correct..Removing of Scyther from there was useless..Now where to catch Scyther now...Safari Zones??? ??? Second a waste TM out..Bulldoze no one needs it..You guys could have added Roost or Energy Ball either..Still Saying try to get Waterfall and Surf in PWO!!
Waterfall and Surf in PWO that is tm's!!! 8)

The-Predator

Youngster
Those saying bulldoze is useless, has no idea what they are talking about, it is great move I could say it is as good as earthquake depends on your strategy, the TM Bulldoze is a great addition!!

Dalek

Bare in mind also that changes are not always made for people who have completed 16 gyms and necessarily have access to earthquake yet.

BlueExorcist

Bloody-Venom said:
Those saying bulldoze is useless, has no idea what they are talking about, it is great move I could say it is as good as earthquake depends on your strategy, the TM Bulldoze is a great addition!!
Bulldoze power 60,Earthquake 100 power both Ground move Accuracy 100 so what is better ;D 8)

BlueExorcist

Dalek said:
Bare in mind also that changes are not always made for people who have completed 16 gyms and necessarily have access to earthquake yet.
if is need the new people here ground moves is cant buy for other's in playerdex tm earthquake or egg moves and is free :)

Electrofreak

mixos123 said:
Bloody-Venom said:
Bulldoze power 60,Earthquake 100 power both Ground move Accuracy 100 so what is better ;D 8)

Bulldoze lowers speed by 1 stage. If the speed drop lowers the enemy below a beforehand slower enemy, it actually gives you MORE damage since you attack twice in a row.

Example: Swampert vs Tyranitar.

Swampert uses bulldoze at 60 BP, 90 with STAB. It lowers speed on ttar and you hit first, so you end up hitting for 180 base power, instead of 150 base power from that one earthquake.

Not only that, but it stops kingdra from getting the speed boost trying to set up on swampert.

It has other uses than those listed above as well.

Please actually look up the secondary effect of a move before trying to act all smart and point out the obvious next time, thanks. Bulldoze was much needed for the current metagame in PWO.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
I'll agree to those who say there are other tms that should have an higher priority, like energy ball for example. However on the no switch environment pwo currently has, bulldoze is far from being useless (it will become rather irrelevant if mechanics that will make switching accepted are introduced, but that's a different issue altogether). Saying that bulldoze is currently useless is no more than a statement of battling ignorance

Relicanth

Youngster
Game Editor
What mixos123 said may be true regarding Bulldoze being useless however it isnt useless at all. I do agree with KaiTheLoneWolf for an overall preview of the TM. Bulldoze can be still used in battle as a counterpart of Low Kick. Mixos, if you didnt notice you will have , at least, 3 badges to access the quest, that means Bulldoze will be acting as a supporter TM for new Kanto starter players. Earthquake may be the choice over Bulldoze depending the strategy used by a certain team, players usually battle by real after getting all badges. In addition, Earthquake's quest progress requires catching a Rhyhorn from safari, traveling through the whole Kanto plus a battle against Rhyperior and you cant really use high leveled pokemons. This is something new players cant do easily. While they do not have the skills to accomplish said task, Bulldoze will end acting as a true supporter against future gyms while you are unlocking the access to others TMs.

If any of you have issues with the released content please give us details about your issue. As a PWO testers theres something you need to answer by yourself to know if it is detailed enough: Where? When? Why? How?

Besides the basic questions for testers, dont mind throwing out any useless steps you may think it does not worth to be pointed out. The Bug Catcher is also another tool to report NPC issues http://playerdex.pokemon-world-online.net/bugs.php

Thanks and enjoy the update :)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I'm happy to explain the reason behind adding bulldoze to Diglett's Cave since the reasons were mine. :p This was planned way back in Block 4 when Diglett's Cave was first re-spawned. Bulldoze would be too powerful for players attempting the electric gym, but after that it's power is less useful in the upcoming gyms, so although it is a strong TM for that stage of the game it won't make pokemon OP progress wise. However it will help players train in both the power plant and Pokemon Tower, which are the best leveling places before the Celadon gym. Diglett's Cave is a natural place to put a ground TM, the choice at that stage of the game was between bulldoze and dig, however as dig still does not work as intended bulldoze was chosen.

It has always been our intention with the re-spawn project to 'complete' each map we pass through. We have added map fixes, NPC dialogue changes and fixes in many cases. New useful NPCs like the healer in Pokemon Tower. And like this TM quest there are other projects which still need to be caught up on from previous blocks. The idea is to 'complete' Kanto and Johto as we pass through each region with our re-spawning, so we can then feel comfortable leaving these two regions in a more or less finished state and move on to new horizons- Victory Road and Elite Four, Sevii Islands and then Hoenn and beyond...

Finishing the regions, and one of the key motivations for starting this project, is to have the pokemon spawned in each map make sense. Splitting River Reserve is a fighting pokemon reserve, and the pokemon that were removed certainly did not fit in there. We understand it was a smorgasbord training wise and that made it super popular with a variety of pokemon and that kind of map is very popular for trainers and hunters alike. The greatest variety of hunting can be found in the safari zones, and that makes the most sense, however it is possible we will make a similar free to access late-game hunting map further into the Re-spawn project, and suggestions for this are most welcome as always.

Diglett's Cave B3F was a PWO custom map made for the sole purpose of training pokemon when the spawns were far lower than we are making them now. We are at the stage where the spawn levels are as high as they were there without the need for a surfboard and will still rise further before the final gym in Kanto. Add to that the fact that Cerulean Cave will be accessible to players who work for the quest before even leaving Kanto for Johto in future and you'll see why Diglett's Cave B3F is now redundant. And again, like Splitting River Reserve, the spawns there were made for different reasons than we are using today and do not fit in with the world we are now creating.

Gligar has been mentioned as a hunting need, and that will be taken into account when we re-do the maps that have it as a native pokemon.

BlueExorcist

Relicanth said:
What mixos123 said may be true regarding Bulldoze being useless however it isnt useless at all. I do agree with KaiTheLoneWolf for an overall preview of the TM. Bulldoze can be still used in battle as a counterpart of Low Kick. Mixos, if you didnt notice you will have , at least, 3 badges to access the quest, that means Bulldoze will be acting as a supporter TM for new Kanto starter players. Earthquake may be the choice over Bulldoze depending the strategy used by a certain team, players usually battle by real after getting all badges. In addition, Earthquake's quest progress requires catching a Rhyhorn from safari, traveling through the whole Kanto plus a battle against Rhyperior and you cant really use high leveled pokemons. This is something new players cant do easily. While they do not have the skills to accomplish said task, Bulldoze will end acting as a true supporter against future gyms while you are unlocking the access to others TMs.

If any of you have issues with the released content please give us details about your issue. As a PWO testers theres something you need to answer by yourself to know if it is detailed enough: Where? When? Why? How?

Besides the basic questions for testers, dont mind throwing out any useless steps you may think it does not worth to be pointed out. The Bug Catcher is also another tool to report NPC issues http://playerdex.pokemon-world-online.net/bugs.php

Thanks and enjoy the update :)
Relicanth i dont have problem if is exist that tm if is have good for pwo for many choice tm's is good ,but for battle is very bad that tm for battle is great the TM Earthquake more powerfull ,only one i dont understand why that tm Bulldoze is have many others tm example Energy Ball ,Waterfall ,Brick Break is realy great tm's for battles

Kurdt

HitmonFonty said:
I'm happy to explain the reason behind adding bulldoze to Diglett's Cave since the reasons were mine. :p This was planned way back in Block 4 when Diglett's Cave was first re-spawned. Bulldoze would be too powerful for players attempting the electric gym, but after that it's power is less useful in the upcoming gyms, so although it is a strong TM for that stage of the game it won't make pokemon OP progress wise. However it will help players train in both the power plant and Pokemon Tower, which are the best leveling places before the Celadon gym. Diglett's Cave is a natural place to put a ground TM, the choice at that stage of the game was between bulldoze and dig, however as dig still does not work as intended bulldoze was chosen.

It has always been our intention with the re-spawn project to 'complete' each map we pass through. We have added map fixes, NPC dialogue changes and fixes in many cases. New useful NPCs like the healer in Pokemon Tower. And like this TM quest there are other projects which still need to be caught up on from previous blocks. The idea is to 'complete' Kanto and Johto as we pass through each region with our re-spawning, so we can then feel comfortable leaving these two regions in a more or less finished state and move on to new horizons- Victory Road and Elite Four, Sevii Islands and then Hoenn and beyond...

Finishing the regions, and one of the key motivations for starting this project, is to have the pokemon spawned in each map make sense. Splitting River Reserve is a fighting pokemon reserve, and the pokemon that were removed certainly did not fit in there. We understand it was a smorgasbord training wise and that made it super popular with a variety of pokemon and that kind of map is very popular for trainers and hunters alike. The greatest variety of hunting can be found in the safari zones, and that makes the most sense, however it is possible we will make a similar free to access late-game hunting map further into the Re-spawn project, and suggestions for this are most welcome as always.

Diglett's Cave B3F was a PWO custom map made for the sole purpose of training pokemon when the spawns were far lower than we are making them now. We are at the stage where the spawn levels are as high as they were there without the need for a surfboard and will still rise further before the final gym in Kanto. Add to that the fact that Cerulean Cave will be accessible to players who work for the quest before even leaving Kanto for Johto in future and you'll see why Diglett's Cave B3F is now redundant. And again, like Splitting River Reserve, the spawns there were made for different reasons than we are using today and do not fit in with the world we are now creating.

Gligar has been mentioned as a hunting need, and that will be taken into account when we re-do the maps that have it as a native pokemon.

so this means other pokemon will be added to their spots and will not just be available for PURCHASE in the token store? I mean if you are aiming for the game to be as original as possible why didn't we see this a long time ago....

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Kurdt said:
so this means other pokemon will be added to their spots and will not just be available for PURCHASE in the token store? I mean if you are aiming for the game to be as original as possible why didn't we see this a long time ago....

We take our cues from the original games it's true, although we are not completely bound by them. The main thing is that spawns make sense in the end, and plenty of thought was put into the original games so they are a good basis to follow. As just one example, gligar does not fly but glides on warm air currents in mountainous areas. Air currents and space to do so are completely absent in an underground cave...

A lot of the spawns we are replacing were made a long time ago, long before I was staff, so I can't speak for their reasons for adding what they did. I can only say that we have researched and discussed the spawns we are making now, and it's according to a 'grand design' which was more than likely missing from the earlier spawnsets.

As for the token store, deciding which pokemon can and cannot be on the store is now a function general staff have easy access to, so being able to customise it as, for example, we move through the re-spawn project, is something new. As with everything else feedback from the players on what we decide is always welcome and will be considered by staff.