Kanto/Johto Safari Zone - Pokemon Habitat Revamp + TMs

nemo55

Kanto Safari Zone

As in the anime, Tauros and Kangaskhan are a lot more common then showed in game. Maybe make Tauros something in between Rare and Very Rare? Kanga in between Very Rare and Horribly Rare. However this new spawn system works...

Possibly enrich the waters of Kanto Safari. Add more exotic Pokemon. Maybe Marill/Lotads?

Also possibly adding TM 37 Egg Bomb
ufih.png

Mini-Quest in Safari Zone which would reward you with 2 Leaf Stones?

Johto Safari Zone

I realized that the Johto Safari Mountain Zone has become nothing but a dead and useless map since the introduction of the new and improved Cinnabar Island. I would like to propose a change in the Pokemon situated in this Safari Mountain Zone. I feel some of these Pokes may have a little bit of sense in terms of habitat, and would bring the map to life again.

Possibilities:
- Larvitar
- Numel
- Torkoal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving on to another area that absolutely does not grab my attention at all would have to be the Johto Safari Flying Zone. I don't think I have ever stepped foot in this area. Why? Simply because all these Pokemon are catch-able outside of Flying Zone. There is no benefit being in this part of the Safari. Why spend hunting something in Flying Zone when you can hunt for Eevee, Togepi, Barboach, etc...

Shouldn't Togepi be in Flying Zone ???

Make Yanma common??

Since Skarmory is located here, maybe it is the ideal spot for
K72d35O.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, the Johto Safari Grass Zone. Standout pokes here are Exeggcute and Scyther. That is it -_-

Bellossom I won't even comment on since it may become an "Average Joe" once multi-evolution is enabled. But okay for the time being I guess.

Why not add Pinsir or even Heracross in this zone...?!?

Maybe even removal of Scyther in Split Reserve would make this end of the Safari have meaning and worth??

Thoughts? Ideas? Lets brainstorm PWO! ;)

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Re: Johto Safari Mountain Zone - Pokemon Habitat Revamp

I believe I remember someone in staff saying that the spawns are being looked at as part of the removal of the pokemon location commands. I also remember several members of staff agreeing that the safari zones were outdated, so I'd think this is currently being worked on.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

EcoWOLFrb said:
I believe I remember someone in staff saying that the spawns are being looked at as part of the removal of the pokemon location commands. I also remember several members of staff agreeing that the safari zones were outdated, so I'd think this is currently being worked on.

This is all true, so this is the time to voice your opinions on what spawns should or should not be available across both regions. :)

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster

I'd like there to be a real reason to risk going and paying to hunt. Having something like Tauros be VR in the safari, when it's VR in olivine as well would serve no purpose to promote the use of the safari zone (especially when in the anime it was made clear that tauros was pretty easy to find in there, ash caught like 100 of them lol). This is not just aimed at tauros, but every pokemon that can be found outside of the safari zone. The best option in my opinion wouldn't necessarily be making good pokemon less rare either, I see an option of removing the spawn outside of the zone and making it safari exclusive like what I believe will be the case with Snorlax (if snorlax isn't meant to be a voucher only pokemon).

I'd probably make kangaskhan VR, but possibly a hard VR, and make the likes of scyther, and marill rare (pokemon that would make sense to be there). That would definitely add some attraction and make it worth our while so to speak. I'd really like to have a real time discussion with the people that are working on spawns and pick each others minds, but I suppose they'd prefer to keep it a secret more or less. :p

nemo55

Re: Kanto/Johto Safari Zone - Pokemon Habitat Revamp

Well, I thought I'd expand the topic and make it more large scale including both Kanto/Johto Safari Zones. EcoWOLFrb raises good arguments with regards to Kanto Safari. I also brushed upon the waters of Kanto Safari. A way to spice them up, and have people surfing in there, or even fishing? Adding Lotad is an idea, I'd like to hear more with regards to this...

I feel as though Johto Safari Entrance and Aquatic Zone are okay. However, Johto Safari Mountain/Grass/Flying Zones raise a few eyebrows. Do you guys really spend time in these zones? What would make you visit these places?

BlackBloodz

I would like to note something, I would never like to see a gen3 pokemon added there, in fact, I was about suggesting removing the current ones in game. They should be only found via events or Token Store, and not putting them in the wrong habitat like they're now.

Here's few pokemons I think should be in Johto's and Kanto's Safari Zones:
Marill
Miltank
Chansey
Cubone in mountains?

nemo55

How about Johto Safari Flying/Grass and Mountain Zone?? You guys have any suggestions on how to improve these areas?