Jhaxion Apology

Jhaxion

Hello I'm Jhaxion,but you may know me as Jhaxius. I'm here because recently there was a post in community watch about me buying a poke for real money. I have not denied this clam or will shy away from it if someone brings it up. This post is not about those claims it's more about moving on and looking forward. I would like to apologize to the entire pwo community for my mistake. It was a mental error and will not happen again. Hopefully you guys can forgive me and I can move forward. If you feel the need to contact me you can do so in game,pm me on the forums, or message me in IRC as Jhaxion. Im usually in pwo and moxie IRC.

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
Jhaxion said:
Hello I'm Jhaxion,but you may know me as Jhaxius. I'm here because recently there was a post in community watch about me buying a poke for real money. I have not denied this clam or will shy away from it if someone brings it up. This post is not about those claims it's more about moving on and looking forward. I would like to apologize to the entire pwo community for my mistake. It was a mental error and will not happen again. Hopefully you guys can forgive me and I can move forward. If you feel the need to contact me you can do so in game,pm me on the forums, or message me in IRC as Jhaxion. Im usually in pwo and moxie IRC.

I'm sad to see this Jhaxius. However, you're not denying it and playing people like fools.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
I don't know you but lets be honest if no ss was made public you would be posting something completely different in the cw section. Its clearly a hollow apology just trying to make face since you will be starting over. If you truly felt bad when you got found out you wouldn't of transferred all your pokes off the account waiting for it to be banned.
Just my opinion.

Merse

Youngster
My feelings are ambivalent for the very same reason...

Lammergeier said:
Jhaxius perma banned for selling pokemon for real money.
Orionpax perm banned, as jhaxius moved all his stuff to that account, knowing he'd get banned.

devilx15 already was banned by me for using an illegal program.
And this was EPIC :D

HeavyPetter

Why is it illegal to trade in real money but legal to trade in tokens, which are bought for real money?? If one is illegal, then logically the other one should also be illegal. Furthermore by the same reasoning it should be illegal to trade in UC pokes which are bought for tokens which are bought for real money...

OGPokemaster

HeavyPetter said:
Why is it illegal to trade in real money but legal to trade in tokens, which are bought for real money?? If one is illegal, then logically the other one should also be illegal. Furthermore by the same reasoning it should be illegal to trade in UC pokes which are bought for tokens which are bought for real money...

Because the admins dont want to be responsible for players getting scammed for real world money for 1 thing......2nd tokens are not bought, the are a gift for donating to the server, theres a huge difference.

HeavyPetter

OGPokemaster said:
HeavyPetter said:

Because the admins dont want to be responsible for players getting scammed for real world money for 1 thing......2nd tokens are not bought, the are a gift for donating to the server, theres a huge difference.

Once you use those tokens as if they were money (to trade with other players) then the difference isn't so huge anymore. If one donates real money for tokens in order to use them in a trade with another player one could just as well have traded the real money directly (From the buyers perspective at least: item lost=real money, item gained=pokemon from another player). As I see it the tokens are in this case only working to facilitate the real-money transaction for the buyer (and of course see to it that the money ends up in the pockets of the PWO crew instead of the seller)

EDIT: I would suggest making tokens untradeable to at least make it a bit more clear that they are indeed a "gift for donating" rather than a currency. The best thing would be to also make UC pokes untradeable, so that any gift received as thanks for a donation stays with the donor, but that might be a bit hard to implement (far from impossible though).

OGPokemaster

HeavyPetter said:
OGPokemaster said:
HeavyPetter said:

Once you use those tokens as if they were money (to trade with other players) then the difference isn't so huge anymore. If one donates real money for tokens in order to use them in a trade with another player one could just as well have traded the real money directly (From the buyers perspective at least: item lost=real money, item gained=pokemon from another player). As I see it the tokens are in this case only working to facilitate the real-money transaction for the buyer (and of course see to it that the money ends up in the pockets of the PWO crew instead of the seller)

you've been here since 2011, u should know by now that this topic has been beaten to death countless time, PWO is only allowed to be played because its non-profit, no GM, Admin, GE or any other staff type make money off this game, all money goes back into the cost of the server. furthermore the difference between using tokens to buy pokemon then using real world money is so that no one complains that they've been scammed for real money. if push comes to shove and u get scammed selling tokens to a player then u can get the tokens transferred back to ur account but if u sell for real money and get scammed then whos going to replace said money? and going back to wat i said ealier pwo staff make no money off the work they put in the game why should we (players), make money from it?

HeavyPetter

OGPokemaster said:
you've been here since 2011, u should know by now that this topic has been beaten to death countless time

Doesn't matter if it has, the system is still bad, and someone should still do something about it.

OGPokemaster said:
PWO is only allowed to be played because its non-profit, no GM, Admin, GE or any other staff type make money off this game, all money goes back into the cost of the server.

I'm not so sure about that, who told you that? If I was earning a ton of money by stealing someone else's idea I wouldn't go out admitting it...

OGPokemaster said:
furthermore the difference between using tokens to buy pokemon then using real world money is so that no one complains that they've been scammed for real money. if push comes to shove and u get scammed selling tokens to a player then u can get the tokens transferred back to ur account but if u sell for real money and get scammed then whos going to replace said money? and going back to wat i said ealier pwo staff make no money off the work they put in the game why should we (players), make money from it?

I can agree with this point, although I still think it would be better to make tokens untradeable as I stated above and the problem wouldn't arise in the first place.

Saric

Youngster
HeavyPetter said:
If you sell pokemon for real money, a player is making profit off of a non-profit game. If staff aren't allowed to profit off of it, why should players?
Trading tokens is completely different in the fact that a player isn't making real world profit off of doing in game trades.

Merse

Youngster
HeavyPetter said:
OGPokemaster said:
furthermore the difference between using tokens to buy pokemon then using real world money is so that no one complains that they've been scammed for real money. if push comes to shove and u get scammed selling tokens to a player then u can get the tokens transferred back to ur account but if u sell for real money and get scammed then whos going to replace said money? and going back to wat i said ealier pwo staff make no money off the work they put in the game why should we (players), make money from it?

I can agree with this point, although I still think it would be better to make tokens untradeable as I stated above and the problem wouldn't arise in the first place.

That's the truth. PWO violates copyright law by using Nintendo's trademarks. However, as it is a non-profit organization, it cannot be sued in Sweden, where the servers of the game are situated. That's why we can play the game. Otherwise, it would be shut down in 5 minutes and the devs would have pay a huge sum of money, or they would go to jail.

Jhaxion

Ok so i wasn't gonna reply back to this post but I feel this had to be said.For those of you who think I'm just doing this to save face or to benefit from this you are ABSOLUTLY WRONG. How many people do you know that has broken a rule and has posted an apologizing for it by post on the forum. Can you count them on one hand? I did it because it was the right thing to do. If you still wanna bash me or talk about me then fine go ahead I know exactly what I did and I tried taking responsiblity for it but some people always have a negative response for it. To those people that have a negative reponse please MOVE ON you will not get another response from me on this topic . See ya in game.

Stank

Youngster
HeavyPetter said:
OGPokemaster said:
PWO is only allowed to be played because its non-profit, no GM, Admin, GE or any other staff type make money off this game, all money goes back into the cost of the server.

I'm not so sure about that, who told you that? If I was earning a ton of money by stealing someone else's idea I wouldn't go out admitting it...
trust me.....no one makes any money off of this game...there is only one person in ALL of pwo staff who even has access to the money and that is xan

Yukiro~

Youngster
Jhaxion said:
Ok so i wasn't gonna reply back to this post but I feel this had to be said.For those of you who think I'm just doing this to save face or to benefit from this you are ABSOLUTLY WRONG. How many people do you know that has broken a rule and has posted an apologizing for it by post on the forum. Can you count them on one hand? I did it because it was the right thing to do. If you still wanna bash me or talk about me then fine go ahead I know exactly what I did and I tried taking responsiblity for it but some people always have a negative response for it. To those people that have a negative reponse please MOVE ON you will not get another response from me on this topic . See ya in game.
There will be no bashing, not today, Moxie stands behind Jhaxius. Although I don't condone in anything illegal that violates pwo terms I'm also not going to point fingers, he apologized let's move on and get over it, ok? Because seriously guys how will this community be any better if the players are cut throat every chance they get, everyone deserves a second chance and honestly for most of you if the chance presented it's self you'd cheat so let's not put up a front to make ourselves look cool in front of everyone else, but I can't say that for everyone so all I have to say is...v_v
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8[/youtube]