IVs of HR Pokemon

ksalim313

Hello everyone, strange thing just happened today. While I was hunting for an Eevee at Johto Safari Entrance when the server was just up, my first encounter was an Eevee (lucky me) and I checked its IVs and they were:
tEjplKD.jpg

After a while, I decided to hunt for a Lapras, I hunted for a while then the server crashed and when it came up again, guess what was my 3rd encounter...yes... Lapras with these IVs:
txqGw22.jpg

Which are the same IVs for my freshly caught Eevee, weird, right?

So I decided to catch a common pokemon to see if these IVs are generated for each pokemon but the common pokemon had normal IVs.

I asked in All channel if anyone freshly caught a HR pokemon today, and I found 'Tendou' who have caught an Eevee today with these IVs:
i2kotdk.jpg

The same IVs, wierd, right?

And I found 'tenico' who have caught a Slowking with these IVs:
wVFNCTe.jpg

Yet the same IVs

I think there is a problem with the server today other than the frequent crashes that may need attention from staff members or at least a logical explanation for it to happen.

I wonder if other players have the same thing!

Dovee

Youngster
I caught a togepi today, and stats are not like this. And i caught it right when the crashes were going on.

DK64

This is odd, I think we may need an Admins response for this one.

psychosamm

Youngster
Wow that's strange, i doubt this would simply be coincidence. I'm curious to see an answer for this myself :p

ksalim313

Dovee said:
I caught a togepi today, and stats are not like this. And i caught it right when the crashes were going on.

Well, I was talking to "Drexed" before the last crash and he caught a Houndour with different IVs too. Was it really a very strange coincidence?

Yeah I saw you entering Johto Safari right after I caught that Eevee and you rushed into pokemon center after view minutes was it then when you caught that Togepi? Is it possible that there is a pattern for the "randomly" generated IVs? like 1st one will have 'x' IVs and 2nd one will have 'y' IVs?

Just out of curiosity, can you and Drexed compare the IVs of your pokemon? I wonder if they will be the same!

DK64 said:
This is odd, I think we may need an Admins response for this one.

I think so, but I might be making a big deal out of nothing too, but it is an extremely odd coincidence to me!

psychosamm said:
Wow that's strange, i doubt this would simply be coincidence. I'm curious to see an answer for this myself :p

lol me too :)

Also, isn't it weird that this number of HRs appear in very short period? For me I caught Eevee, Laprase and Rattata in 1.5 hours or so!! But maybe I was that lucky!!

Dovee

Youngster
Yes thats when I caught the Togepi
Ill add IVs to this post when I can get on server

23hp 22 atk 21de 29sp atk 5sp de 27 spd

Fionavara

lol really weird coincedence I wonder if it might affect other pokes aswell. I caught a shiny hoothoot today lvl 8 hp31 atk 28 def 31 spd 31 spat 31 spdef 28 incase anyone else caughta shiny aswell and could check their stat and compare.

ksalim313

The first HR was Eevee with IVs: 5 HP, 6/27 Physical, 5/25 Special, 22 SPD as stated in here
ksalim313 said:
The second HR was Lapras with IVs: 5 HP, 6/27 Physical, 5/25 Special, 22 SPD as stated in here
ksalim313 said:

ksalim313

Eevee(Now Jolteon): 21975335

Lapras: 21976057

By the way, it's the number between brackets in the previous images :)

Thanks for taking care of this issue Tecknician :)

psychosamm

Youngster
I have 2 Lapras that have identical ivs as well. I don't know when they were caught but i thought it was strange that they were identical as well.

Attachments

• identical lapras.PNG
    identical lapras.PNG
    12.8 KB · Views: 697

ksalim313

I don't know the average number of caught pokemon per day, but 77973 pokmeon (I counted how many pokemon were caught between catching those 2 Lapras based on their IDs) may be caught in one week or more. I guess there is something wrong with the random generator which generates IVs which may be affected with some random condition that we meet while playing but since I know nothing about the system, I may leave it to the capable hands of the staff members concerned about this issue.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
drdark said:
how do you see the IVs of the pkmn you fight?

It is not possible to do so, as wild Pokemon spawns technically do not exist in the database individually. Also, Pokemon IVs are not randomized and assigned to the Pokemon until you capture them, whereafter IVs for them are actually randomized and stored in the database. The stats of the Pokemon you battle differ from what they'll actually turnout as after capturing it.

drdark

psychosamm said:
I have 2 Lapras that have identical ivs as well. I don't know when they were caught but i thought it was strange that they were identical as well.

then how can i see something like in the img from the post i quoted?

edit: img doesnt show, i quoted psychosamm's last post

Orean

Website
twitter.com
drdark said:
psychosamm said:

then how can i see something like in the img from the post i quoted?

edit: img doesnt show, i quoted psychosamm's last post

These screen-captured instances of the command was used on Pokemon that have already been captured by using the /IV command.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
drdark said:
where can i see all the commands that i can use?

The wiki article that was linked is a page that documents all usable commands for the game; it was just anchored down at the IV subset of commands, but you can scroll through the page for the rest of them.