I've been scammed

Grchw

I don't know name of person who cheated, but he should be easy to find they have tags in front of the names. I've bought membership for 10 tokens to catch 28+ IV shinies in the middle of it I hear i can't do what i paid for, I wasn't agreeing on any changes. Please give me back my tokens, take your MS because its useles and its not the thing i paid for. Also don't count I will give you any money ever again. 1) because membership is not worth getting anymore. 2) You can't be trusted, you are making big changes without consulting with players (I think thats what for anyone makes game betas) or even informing us, we are here to test and improve this game together, not to be your lab mouses, you treat players with no respect, than you wonder "why nobody new wants to play?" I'm donating to see how game I commited few years is being destroyed.

ArcticSun

Youngster
Moved to General Talk.

As witty as you think this is, it does not belong in the Community Watch.

Saurus

Banned
grchw said:
I don't know name of person who cheated, but he should be easy to find they have tags in front of the names. I've bought membership for 10 tokens to catch 28+ IV shinies in the middle of it I hear i can't do what i paid for, I wasn't agreeing on any changes. Please give me back my tokens, take your MS because its useles and its not the thing i paid for. Also don't count I will give you any money ever again. 1) because membership is not worth getting anymore. 2) You can't be trusted, you are making big changes without consulting with players (I think thats what for anyone makes game betas) or even informing us, we are here to test and improve this game together, not to be your lab mouses, you treat players with no respect, than you wonder "why nobody new wants to play?" I'm donating to see how game I commited few years is being destroyed.

You should read this Protocol with Scamming and take the necessary steps outlined there.

Merse

Youngster
1) The game is a beta version, so changes are expected.
2) As you were donating and not purchasing, you aren't eligible to the rights of the customer in the way of asking back money for not getting what you have expected.
3) There was a helluva lot of consultation about some kind if change regarding to shinys. You're here even longer than me, you should know that. Of course complete accordance never can be achieved within a community this big.

NOTE: I agree that MS is not so desirable any more with the reduced IVs, os I think MS will be boosted some other way in the future.

WarEagle

I think your post is witty, and i agree with it completely. I personally believe some of this staff is destroying their own game. This could very well be the nail in the coffin for older players, and people who've used their time and money on this game. The y have basically taken away anything useful about MS. I'm just one guy, and I know i dont matter to the staff, but i wont be donating anymore either.

GoldenBlaster

I totally agree. I have been here since 2008 had a huge drop out tho. I also remember at the main page that donating is for improving this server. I can imagine that you allready prob got donated ALOT, since you put up a token store (STORE?) to buy pokemon. Also alot of pokemon (wanted ones) got removed out of the game TO BUY at token store. To me this has nothing to do with donating. It looks like a running company to me and you not making any of the promises worth while. To me it looks like your scamming ppl and got pretty earns on it too. I wonder if you would be able to show use any screenshots of transfers invested into the server and hide any bank info that is important. Im also wonderin what will happen if I will inform any authorities on this to check it so you must show your incomes to them. Its been almost 7 years that I know of PWO, you lost over 80% of the population, sales went down with 95%, Shinie pokemon are SO in hype (tokens worth) that all other pokes are useless (pikas sell for 10 20k) and thats a real joke. Making new shiny encounters 20+ wont improve that pretty much and now alot of players will dissagree to even use a MS. But you knew that before it was done im pretty sure of it. Ive been here 1 week and took over 4-5 downs. Again all the pokemon that everyone wants are removed and so are Multi-evos to buy at token store *people love hunting*, this is pokemon. You better do something quick and show any cool stuff before i decide to quit pwo again. I have seen alot of ms members buying for a month, do the count yourself. Stop using the ''sytem'' as a joke, start acting more proffesional ffs your running a server(I'm an ex server holder of a game with a big pop). Watch more closely to ppl who get banned, luts of the ingame kickers sux, there are alot of ppl who try to mess up other ppl and get them all pissed off so they reply that way that the other player will get them banned/kicked. I had the same at beginning of playing PWO having a normal discussion in the All chat, and later watched over 5 days whats going on in there and see it happen more (it are always the same guys doing this). I'd rather had this saved and not posted at all but as Im not the only one i guessed i might just do it as well. PS: i never paid a penny to a broke game over 7 years, wich is really bad, your the most uninstable server i have ever played on!

PS: dont take this as an offense (cause the staff kinda look emotional hitable to me) but as a big lesson!

<3 GoldenBlaster <3

GoldenBlaster

WarEagle said:
I think your post is witty, and i agree with it completely. I personally believe some of this staff is destroying their own game. This could very well be the nail in the coffin for older players, and people who've used their time and money on this game. The y have basically taken away anything useful about MS. I'm just one guy, and I know i dont matter to the staff, but i wont be donating anymore either.

This is what I mean. :)

nemo55

More spoonfed crying... :eek:

Yup, basically keyword here is "DONATE", even if you were to take this to court, you can't say anything to back your reasoning. You obliged to "DONATE" to the game and its simple as that. You did NOT buy. But rather "DONATE". It's a scheme a lot of BETA games use to avoid such problems as this one. You still have a benefit among other players, be thankful for that. And next time you don't have to donate. But I promise you there will still be many people donating because the game is gradually getting better in reality. All you gotta look at is statistics and number of people playing is more and more.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
No one goes and asks for their donation back from St Jude ... asking PWO to do so is ridiculous.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
GoldenBlaster said:
To me it looks like your scamming ppl and got pretty earns on it too.
The staff who make the decisions with relates to ingame things don't receive any financial benefits. The donations themselves are handled by the project manager.

GoldenBlaster said:
I wonder if you would be able to show use any screenshots of transfers invested into the server and hide any bank info that is important.
No, I wouldn't as this is managed by the project manager. Also donation money is used to pay the bills.

Please use paragraphs next time.

Grchw

Some people have problems with reading. I donated MONEY and got TOKENS for it, I wanted to get my TOKENS back, not MONEY, and it rather was way of protest not will to get anything back, but some people are not the sharpest knives in the drawer saying gently. I've exchanged tokens to have 1/2048x poke encounter rate to get good pokes now I have 1/2048xencounter rate to find poke I can find 1/10xencounter rate just with golden S, I don't need that S for anything. Who will donate just to spend hours to find ordinary poke? I did all gyms, all quests, shiny hunt was the only point of playing PWO and you took it from me. And you even couldn't inform me via official site, you did it via some twitter thing, other players told me what you have done, that's also sad in this situation. I've spend thousands of hours here, spending my time, helping new players, giving my pokes and money away just to keep more people here, thinking how to make this game better, I was always quiet when you made bad decisions imo trying to convince myself and others that you know what are you doing, I'm more commited to this game than 99% of staff members, but it's way too much even for me, and now I feel treated like rubbish and forced out from game i really loved, and by "love" I mean "love" not "like much". It helped me a lot when I had problems in my life, and in last few years i had nothing more than problems. I'm not trying to add philosophy to simple game but it was the only way to don't think about my problems and to rest from them. I never planned or wanted to leave PWO, you decided for me. I'm not a gamer, it was the only game I played I don't know all your cods wows and other stuff, I don't watch TV, in many moments in my life PWO was only pleasure I had in my life, and now you took it from me, thanks. I tried to play now, but it doesn't make any sense, there is no point.

Merse

Youngster
You act like membership would give you granted epic Pokemon and that would have been taken away from you. But what you forget is that it offers you an increased shiny chance and not an increased epic chance. The shiny chance didn't change.
Anyway, what you forget is that the increased SC is not the only benefit of membership. However, there is the increased XP and money rate. It would be unfair if you would get back your tokens and you could keep the extra XP and money you earned. If you can tell exactly how much XP and money should be deduced from your account and Pokemon, your case COULD worth some consideration.
And finally, if PWO is really the "only pleasure in your life" you seriously should consider quitting and find something else to live for as well. It is not healthy having a game as the main source of joy in your life.