Issues getting back into the game

Sannosuke

Hey. I've been playing the game since back in it's alpha where it would pretty much load every step you took XD It's progressed so much and I love it very much. It's been a while but I want to play again, however I no longer have the client. And I can't seem to download the client unless I'm able to sign into the playerdex page. I know my username and I'm like... 90% sure as to what my password was, but it's saying that it's wrong. I push the "I forgot my password" button to get an e-mail sent to me, however every time I push "Reset" or hit "Enter" it just brings me to a blank page and I never receive any e-mails. Please help ;_; I don't know how to get the client again and I REALLY miss playing

Nikola

Youngster
-You might try different web browser such as firefox if you are suffering from blank page issue.
-However you can get links for latest client via PWO wiki located here.

Sannosuke

Thank you Darcia for the link. I've been able to download the client and get it all going, but I still can't seem to reset my password. The original browser that I was using to try and make this happen was Firefox, but I also tried Google Chrome. The blank page thing only pops up after successfully entering e-mail, username, and capcha on both the "Reset my Password" and also on "Registered E-mail." After submitting for a password reset I am routed to http://playerdex.pokemonworldonline.net/lostpw.php which does not load a page, nor does it send an e-mail. The worst part is... is that I'm quite sure what my password is! Thanks for the help getting the client. Any way to help with the password reset?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Passwords were reset late last year due to a security issue. How long is it since you last played? All accounts are deleted after 2 years of inactivity. You can do a Trainer Search for your nickname on the playerdex, though be aware that if your nickname expired it could have been re-registered by someone else.

Also you say you fill out your details and the captcha then the page reloads.. are there any error messages on the new page? A screenshot of this may be helpful.

Sannosuke

It's been about a year. I was going through a big move and shut a lot of things down for a while but I'm settled back into my new location now and ready to catch some pokes! Attached is an image of the blank screen I get after trying to get the password reset. Is there any way I can get a manual reset and skip the e-mail portion of this? I've tried to with Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer now, all of which produce this same blank page. Ty for all the help so far.[attachment=2288]

Attachments

• Evidence.png
    Evidence.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 184

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
This is an issue I haven't heard of on playerdex for a while. I don't know of a fix for it on our end, I'll have to talk to Admin Reborn and see if he has an answer for you. Hold tight for a while. :)

signera

IEtest_zpscfc7cbd2.png

Okay so I was testing Internet explorer and this is what i received. It says that it could be under maintenance or there was a programming error, Which was probably the whole password reset thing they were talking about.
The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site's server but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is.

Most of the time, "gone wrong" means an issue with the page or site's programming, nothing you have anything to do with.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/500servererror.htm

This link also explains that if there is a possible error on our side; how we can fix it.

This next image is of the information that says we can be helped by reborn in the icr, I was in icr a earlier today and they said to wait until reborn gets on.

PlayerdexIssues_zpsa53df937.png

Naero

Assuming you're referring to issues with password recovery, the email server was offline last night, thereby not submitting any password recovery emails to those who consulted the service. However, as noted on a recent tweet, the server should be online and back into commission, thus I'd reattempt to reset your password now.