Is this a basis to be muted or banned?

Phantom0x0

Website
s915.photobucket.com
I just want to know if the words
Swag
or
Yolo
is a basis to be Muted or in some cases Kicked or Banned? (I put spoilers on them just in case they are not curse words) I only ask this because of something that happened recently and some news that I heard from a GM (Nameless for the time being).

personally I don't like the words or use them myself, but they are just phrases that are used now a days that have no other reason then to be used for entertainment purposes only.

Jhaxion

Depends on what context the word was used in. Almost anyword can be misused or misrepresented or maybe these words where spammed. In any case you cant just mute or ban just because you don't like a word or it's meaning unless it was a foul word.

Phantom0x0

Website
s915.photobucket.com
It wasn't spammed or anything #Hastagswagyolo was the phrase used. It's not that I'm concerned I was just told not to say it by a GM when someone asked what it meant simple as that (I was the only one that said it in response to the question as well so it wasn't spam either)

Jhaxion

Phantom0x0 said:
It wasn't spammed or anything #Hastagswagyolo was the phrase used. It's not that I'm concerned I was just told not to say it by a GM when someone asked what it meant simple as that (I was the only one that said it in response to the question as well so it wasn't spam either)

Eh...I kinda understand why the GM wouldn't want to see it in chat. To be honest I wouldn't either. #Hastagswagyolo just screams social media to me.

Tombradyrocks

It was said, by me, as a joke because some other new player had posted a few times using hashtags about grinding for Brock's gym. And the kick was a joke as well. Not a big deal.

Phantom0x0

Website
s915.photobucket.com
I know it was a joke I just like it when people use it to make fun of it as well as my self and I don't want to be kicked for something that stupid.

Why would that be bannable or kickable?

Here are the rules regarding what you can/cannot say in chat:
Language that isn't PG rated isn't allowed. This includes in game chat, pms and your username. You must avoid trying to censor a word too.
Do Not type racial slurs, hate speech, offensive messages or inappropriate messages to players or staff in private messages or in game chat. Don't bring up hate messages towards any religion, race, belief, and lifestyle for example.

-Yolo: You only live once. Usually in reference to doing something stupid but not necessarily illegal/bad. Often used as a joke phrase.
-Swag's official definition: An ornamental festoon of flowers, fruit, and greenery: "ribbon-tied swags of flowers."
-Swag's slang definition: To wear clothing, jewelry, and to have an aura that gives off a specific appeal. See bling. Also normally used as a joke phrase.

I don't see why either of them would be punishable. But, I am just a player, after all.

Hydrahax

I don't see anything wrong with Yolo - Swag words. And they're epic fun. Also... #YOLOSWAG