Investment

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Xanascript is a custom scripting language developed by Xanatus, who once was PWO's main active server developer, which is primarily used only by NPCs and in-game event scripting. The interpreter is based in C++, like the rest of the server code; however, I can't say the language is very similar.

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
if it's only used for npc and in-game event scripting then what is used for server coding itself for the client? I just happen to know a bit of c++ so I am pretty sure if I got some information on xanascript I could learn it easily.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Server: Mostly C++, small amount of C# (don't ask me why).
Client: Currently Visual Basic with Direct3D Graphics acceleration (again, no idea why - I questioned that decision the moment I found out Shane added the latter); however I am informed Hardcoreh's new client is being developed in C++ as well.

You're not the first to have asked; and we've posted these on the Forum before. Search is your friend ;)

The-Predator

Youngster
DTRex said:
KPyppo said:
Bluerise said:
KPyppo said:
many guys have said there are more than enough to keep the server running for the next 5 years even if no one donates from now on, I´m not rlly sure if thats true but i do know PWO is not in a need of money
Lolwat.

Who are these 'guys'?

I will look for the topics where such things were said i dont remember the names at the moment but ill find em also, i said i wasnt sure if it was true but lets be realistic, PWO has more than enough (wary)
lol you didn't understand what he's really willing to say :p

for what u wrote, I´m guessing u are the one that missunderstood what he meant but meh!

crenel

Youngster
The issue with adding Hoenn is that we only have three map layers, and for a while even had just two. That's clearly/obviously not enough. The mapping system was hardly touched between 2008 and 2012, and any changes over the past year would have required a client update to see any use.

If a new client is being produced, then I don't foresee this being a lingering problem anymore, as it will be properly addressed.

What people could do is encourage our developer by sending him a couple bucks over Paypal to buy him pizza and soda while he works.

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
If sending money to a developer is what it takes I am down for it! I would pay the main dev's bills for a month if he/she would focus on PWO in all his/her spare time for that month of no bills.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
crenel said:
What people could do is encourage our developer by sending him a couple bucks over Paypal to buy him pizza and soda while he works.

He'll spend it on beer and then where will we be??? :p