Investment

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
Hello,

I come to you today to talk to you directly about PWO and it's future. I have been watching and lurking PWO since it opened. At the time it was open I was currently at another Pokemon MMO and content. PWO has grown and keeps improving more and more. I am very glad and proud of what you guys are doing here. It has came to my attention though that some progression has slowed down/isn't able to be complete or implemented due to the client/server not being able to hold hoenn data without instability. I am a very dedicated Pokemon Trainer. I have been into Pokemon since 1999. A successful pokemon mmorpg has always been my dream. While I have seen a lot of them come and go this one has stayed strong. With that being said it disappoints me that we may never see hoenn or sinnoh regions or pokemon fully implemented into PWO in our current state. I am offering to donate a sum of money to PWO to help get it back on track. If it be it needs a complete redesign of the client or just a upgrade on the dedicated hosting server it self. My offer is a donation directly to PWO of $500.00-$750.00 USD One Time All At Once Donation. In return I don't ask for anything other than the proper amount of tokens you would normally get upon donation, once my donation is successfully complete and safely checked. My second wish with this donation is that progress with PWO continue in a timely manor and hopefully within this years time frame that Hoenn and Sinnoh Region and Pokemon would be fully released.

As far as any help, because I know that all the staff here have real lifes a daily jobs to attend. I am willing to help with whatever else I can if you need it. I am a faster learner but don't have that much knowledge in scripting or mapping. This isn't part of the offer but more so a second offer if you wish to train me and wish for my assistance in another way as well(Since I have no life other than Pokemon.)

I have already contacted Bluerise and awaiting feedback.I just want to see what other staff/community members feel about this now.

Sincerely yours,
Symbiosis

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Symbiosis said:
Hello,

I come to you today to talk to you directly about PWO and it's future. I have been watching and lurking PWO since it opened. At the time it was open I was currently at another Pokemon MMO and content. PWO has grown and keeps improving more and more. I am very glad and proud of what you guys are doing here. It has came to my attention though that some progression has slowed down/isn't able to be complete or implemented due to the client/server not being able to hold hoenn data without instability. I am a very dedicated Pokemon Trainer. I have been into Pokemon since 1999. A successful pokemon mmorpg has always been my dream. While I have seen a lot of them come and go this one has stayed strong. With that being said it disappoints me that we may never see hoenn or sinnoh regions or pokemon fully implemented into PWO in our current state. I am offering to donate a sum of money to PWO to help get it back on track. If it be it needs a complete redesign of the client or just a upgrade on the dedicated hosting server it self. My offer is a donation directly to PWO of $500.00-$750.00 USD One Time All At Once Donation. In return I don't ask for anything other than the proper amount of tokens you would normally get upon donation, once my donation is successfully complete and safely checked. My second wish with this donation is that progress with PWO continue in a timely manor and hopefully within this years time frame that Hoenn and Sinnoh Region and Pokemon would be fully released.

As far as any help, because I know that all the staff here have real lifes a daily jobs to attend. I am willing to help with whatever else I can if you need it. I am a faster learner but don't have that much knowledge in scripting or mapping. This isn't part of the offer but more so a second offer if you wish to train me and wish for my assistance in another way as well(Since I have no life other than Pokemon.)

I have already contacted Bluerise and awaiting feedback.I just want to see what other staff/community members feel about this now.

Sincerely yours,
Symbiosis

PWO does not need money to progress further towards making Hoenn and Sinnoh. What it needs is simply man-hours spent in development of the client and server. The problem is and always has been finding people who are qualified, trustworthy and have the time necessary to spend enough time on the game to make a difference. This is actually happening now, but free tends to mean slower than paid that's all.

As far as I know donation amounts are not set aside for special use, any donations made will be used for ongoing maintenance costs and future hardware purchases. The amount you suggest should be able to be made through paypal as normal if you still wish to make it.

As for Mapping, please check out our mapping forum and create a showcase that other mappers will look through and comment on/criticise for you. The map editor is available to download, just click on the Downloads link on the home page.

As this is not a suggestion as such, I have moved this post to General PWO Talk.

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
Alright, Thanks for the move.

Just trying to help out in anyway I can. As I have been told the client update is in the works which should solve a lot but the question still leans towards is our dedicated host powerful enough to hold any additions? If i am willing to donate such a large sum my main question would be the exact specifications of what it will be used on which I know the host but I would like to know if possible what our specs are and if this amount I will be donating would be fee sable to upgrade and maintain PWO for such months ahead. As I said before this donation is a one time thing. After that I would only be donating a estimate of $75.00-$150.00 USD monthly. While I know I am not the only donator of course but Probally will be one of the highest donators. I am pretty sure a lot of people don't even donate monthly or a larger amount than 20 dollars. So the other question would be is it possible if dedicated host was upgraded to maintain this upgrade monthly?

I will take a look into mapping as well and see if I can get into it and try to help as well.

The-Predator

Youngster
Symbiosis said:
Alright, Thanks for the move.

Just trying to help out in anyway I can. As I have been told the client update is in the works which should solve a lot but the question still leans towards is our dedicated host powerful enough to hold any additions? If i am willing to donate such a large sum my main question would be the exact specifications of what it will be used on which I know the host but I would like to know if possible what our specs are and if this amount I will be donating would be fee sable to upgrade and maintain PWO for such months ahead. As I said before this donation is a one time thing. After that I would only be donating a estimate of $75.00-$150.00 USD monthly. While I know I am not the only donator of course but Probally will be one of the highest donators. I am pretty sure a lot of people don't even donate monthly or a larger amount than 20 dollars. So the other question would be is it possible if dedicated host was upgraded to maintain this upgrade monthly?

I will take a look into mapping as well and see if I can get into it and try to help as well.

I think u are a bit lost in here, theres no client update coming, it is a whole new client, as for us question about the host, yeah it is powerful enough, as for the money, this is a MMO and is free to play,theres no need for players to be paying, and if u want to donate such amount is good for you, hope u use those tokens wisely, but as far as i have seen in other topics, many guys have said there are more than enough to keep the server running for the next 5 years even if no one donates from now on, I´m not rlly sure if thats true but i do know PWO is not in a need of money

akumadestroier21

I also would love to see hoem and sinnoh, and it was for money issue, I certainly also help, donate the maximum I could.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
KPyppo said:
many guys have said there are more than enough to keep the server running for the next 5 years even if no one donates from now on, I´m not rlly sure if thats true but i do know PWO is not in a need of money
Lolwat.

Who are these 'guys'?

The-Predator

Youngster
Bluerise said:
KPyppo said:
many guys have said there are more than enough to keep the server running for the next 5 years even if no one donates from now on, I´m not rlly sure if thats true but i do know PWO is not in a need of money
Lolwat.

Who are these 'guys'?

I will look for the topics where such things were said i dont remember the names at the moment but ill find em also, i said i wasnt sure if it was true but lets be realistic, PWO has more than enough (wary)

The-Predator

Youngster
Symbiosis said:
I am pretty sure that is not true. I have ran my own games and hosted forums and websites before. Dedicated host cost a couple hundred to run a game, site & forums.

you may want to take a look at such a site like this for intel: http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/dedicated-servers.aspx

even if it costs a couple of hundred dollars there are way too many donators, some of em donates over 20 per day so if u do some math thats way too much for a month, and as members of staff has told before, they dont pay the developers to be working on the proyect, as they work for free in their free time, and they cant pay for one as that would be messing with nintendo copyrights again, and we dont want that :p , having other regions in the game is not a money problem is what some guys do not understand

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
I know is not a money problem, it is a client issue. I was just making sure it wasn't a dedicated host issue as well. Adding data for hoenn and sinnoh in the future and possible the implement of other features and overload of players on at once or joining due to the new updates could of caused a strain on the current host if it wasn't powerful enough in specs. As far as staff not being paid for what they do I understand this as well. I understand more possible than you do when it comes to gaming and copyrights..ect. Every staff here willing does what they do for the love of pokemon and the game itself and uses there free time. They have jobs, wifes, kids, bills and real life experiences to deal with. Even though i may be some adult who has no worries and sits at a Pc for the most part on pokemon sites and enjoying my life i understand other aspects of other peoples life's quite well.

The-Predator

Youngster
then why to brag around about the quantity of money that u could possible donate?? ._. and it is cool u want to help the community or game or whatever u are doing this for, but even if the client were released, Bluerise said everything could be the same for a while, and Hardcoreh unfortunately said it is still a long way till the new client is finished :/ yeah sadly

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
This wasn't bragging. It was to see the thoughts of the community and to gain some knowledge/intel I didn't have yet. Sorry if you took it the wrong way sir,

The-Predator

Youngster
I´m not a sir, and its cool is just that all those that can read would take it as bragging, sorry if i sounded rude though everything is going damn slow it could be more than a year till new client were finished, and only god knows how much more for new regions to come. anyway i dont want to sound myself like complaining i love all the updates we´ve had last year and i know more are coming :) so it aint that bad

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
If only i knew how to properly code. I would offer to help but I don't. I got 10 hours of free time daily for the next 30 years or until I die lol

It's all good btw. I understand.

The-Predator

Youngster
if u have all of that time free daily u could learn and even though they are not LF new devs u could help hardcoreh or dont know but its always useful to learn

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
White_Wolf said:
Symbiosis said:
I could teach myself but don't even know what scripting language there using is the issue lol

It's Xanascript

oh, why thank you!

Edit: Can't find a single thing on Xanascript in google. Is Xanascript a custom scripting language under java?

DTRex

Website
twitter.com
KPyppo said:
Bluerise said:
KPyppo said:
Lolwat.

Who are these 'guys'?

I will look for the topics where such things were said i dont remember the names at the moment but ill find em also, i said i wasnt sure if it was true but lets be realistic, PWO has more than enough (wary)
lol you didn't understand what he's really willing to say :p

Dovee

Youngster
Symbiosis said:
White_Wolf said:
Symbiosis said:
I could teach myself but don't even know what scripting language there using is the issue lol

It's Xanascript

oh, why thank you!

Edit: Can't find a single thing on Xanascript in google. Is Xanascript a custom scripting language under java?

I could be completely wrong here but i think its based off C++
Its what the developer (Xan) used to write the server