Increased trainer and wild level

RaikunTW

Hiho I´ve started in Kanto and now after winning against the Elite 4 my Pokemons are Level 80+.
At Joto i had some hard fights aginst lv 4 Pokemons and I dont understand why ^^

I have some ideas to build a scale system for wild Pokemons and also the Trainer fights.
For example:
Wild Pokemons spawn between lv 2-40 (normal Pokemon in Kanot and Joto)
Trainerfights areBetween lv 5-50 (normal Trainers in Kanot and Joto)

There are 2 different ways to do that.
The first way could be easy and is a little bit static. The trainer could have a spawn location.
So if you started in Joto the Joto Pokemons/Trainers are normal and in Kanto all basic Level will be increased by 10 levels so the starter area will not start with Pidgey lv 2-4 the Pidgey will be lv 12-14. If you started in kanto it will be changed.

The second way is a little bit more complicated but the World will scale with your Trainer level and that would be nice.

For example:
Every Badget you will collect will increase the Pokemon level of the world by 2 so
the basic Level is also 2-40 (Wild) and 5-50 (Trainer)
but they will be increased with 16 Badgets to 34-72 (wild) and 37-82 (Trainers)

The secon way would be nice, because the game would be more interesting by fighting against enemys and not victims.

I know there is a problem:
I want to catch pokemon at low level because of there skills, but here is also a way to do that.
If I started in Kanto I need prof Oak to get my first Pokemon, but I dont need the prof from Joto, so he could be able to reset the level of catched pokemons to lv 1 for example for 1.000 pd
If I starded in Joto prof Oak will reset them for the same price.

Logic:
starterVariable = kanto/joto
baseLv + BadgetOfPlayer*2
if starterVariable == "kanto" -> prof Joto reset Pokemons

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Your first suggestion actually already exists. PWO stores data on each player's selected starting region - Kanto or Johto. This data is checked whenever you enter a gym, and is used to determine the gym's overall layout and NPCs. In general, a player who started in Kanto will be presented with a harder layout when entering a Johto gym, and vice versa. Currently, however, this data is not used for general NPCs found outside gyms. Recent developments in the game's scripting system do potentially make introducing such scaling outside of gyms a possibility we could consider in the future, but this is not something we have discussed before, so I very much encourage you to make this suggestion officially via the Suggestion Box for us to consider :)

That being said, most NPCs do actually utilize a sort of scaling system. PWO records each time you defeat an NPC in-game and its location. If you re-battle an NPC you have previously beaten before, PWO scales its Pokémon levels upwards up to four times, typically by around 5 levels each time. Your Phonebook (accessed via "My Account" on the Playerdex) lists all the NPCs you've previously beaten and whether they can be rematched, though it does not provide information on their current levels.

As for wild spawns... similar to official games, spawn levels are based on the area itself. Generally, Pokémon that appear earlier in the region are lower-levelled, while those later in the region are higher-levelled. This applies to both Kanto and Johto, and no checking is done by the game as to which region you came from before encountering a spawn. Thus, a Pokémon in Route 1 will be around Lv3 whether you started in Kanto or came there from Johto; and vice versa. Unlike NPCs, wild spawns are not scripted, but are actually determined via a lookup table which is specific to each area. As a gross oversimplification of how this works, every location in PWO has a list of spawns which includes data on the Pokémon itself, the area it spawns in, and in some cases, a specific time for the spawn (some spawns are specific to either daytime or nighttime). This data is fixed, meaning the spawns are always the same for everyone in the area - no checking is done for a player's starting region, badges, or anything specific to the player. (Shiny chance, which DOES check data on a player's membership and Guild affiliation, is calculated at encounter time, and does not impact the spawns themselves.) We aren't currently looking to change this system, as we would prefer to keep it similar to official titles at this time; and it would require significant redevelopment to add support for such scaling.

RaikunTW

Yeah nice, thanks for your result. Ok the wild spawn increase is more work than i thought.
I´ll send the other idea to the suggestion box ^^