In regards to two turn moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saric

Youngster
With the way PWO is right now, I doubt a "charging turn" is possible for moves such as fly, dig, solar, etc. Solar especially, as it is right now, even prevents entire pokemon from even being useable. My suggestion on this (to solar alone) is to reduce the power. Maybe to something like 80 (or at the very most, 60) or so. Although this may not make pokemon like Swampert entirely useable, it'd definitely put a damper on the huge niche fire pokemon like Arcanine and Chari have.

As for fly, dig, etc, a nerf by around maybe 20 base or so. Although the former two are really only used exclusively by a few pokemon, at least this base will be covered when (hopefully) tms are fully implemented.

Furthermore (I'm looking at you teck) echoed voice as it is is horribly overpowered. It has a chance to hit twice, each hit being 75 base. Honestly, it would be a lot better off having the same power as rollout and only hitting once.

Tecknician

Saric said:
Furthermore (I'm looking at you teck) echoed voice as it is is horribly overpowered. It has a chance to hit twice, each hit being 75 base. Honestly, it would be a lot better off having the same power as rollout and only hitting once.
Why me?

Tecknician

_darkshadow_ said:
The moves are good like they are, don't ruin them.
It's clear to me now. Must focus on turn 2 moves because apparently I live to ruin the battle system.

Saric

Youngster
Empress Teck said:
Saric said:
Why me?
If I remember correctly you're the one who set it up to hit 1-2 times with 75 base power.

_darkshadow_ said:
The moves are good like they are, don't ruin them.
What? Just because battlers like you profit off of it doesn't make it okay. The moves do not function properly and they are running off on full power. This was never intended to be the case. There's a reason why nintendo/gamefreak set these up as two turn moves.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Some things (like solar) should indeed be changed, but the staff don't really want to weaken the already weak grass typing in PWO further. I've suggested removing solarbeam TM from fire types in favor of energy ball and it seems like a practical solution in my opinion, some of them get it anyway. Other moves are more specific to one or two pokemon and I don't think they should be touched as those pokemon aren't OP in any way currently, and doing so would basically make them too weak to use in most cases.

Franc92

Youngster
Saric said:
What? Just because battlers like you profit off of it doesn't make it okay. The moves do not function properly and they are running off on full power. This was never intended to be the case. There's a reason why nintendo/gamefreak set these up as two turn moves.

I do agree with Saric, because a powerfull pokemon like swampert, againts Arca, don't have much battle, because with one single strike of solarbeam would be defeated in an istant. That Makes swampert a "piece of paper", like is not the true. While i think the solution of Eco would be very usefull. I think we have to find a "fair" solution for satisfying both sides: Who thinks that things are good enough and they don't nees to be changed, and who agree with Saric and think that moves power/usage/turns can improved.

Tendou

Actually adding a kind of "recharging time" wouldnt hurt these charging moves and that would be to set their accuracy for like 80-90% so if it misses it is like "solarbeam is charging" even knowing it may/not may misses in a row. It isnt about the OP of 'em just adding that for the lack of the recharging so some moves would even get their power increased like focus punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.