Improving the Guild Scene

What is your intent when it comes to being a part of a guild?

• I would like to be a part of the most powerful guild

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to make my own guild and be the best

• I don't see the benefit of bothering to find/join a guild

• I'd join a guild if it were more competitive and heated

• I'd like to help start a young guild and grow with it

• I would make my own guild but it's too expensive

• Total voters

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Hello, recently I had a discussion with a group of players regarding the current guild scene. The topic that started it all was how to make it more interesting as I feel it's a major part of being a dedicated PWO player. The general consensus was that the competitive feel was lacking so we brainstormed a bit and came up with a few suggestions atop what was previously mentioned in Teck's community thread which were:

-Make a ranking system with the guild through battles or achievements, all guilds would naturally aspire to be in the top 10. Battles between guilds, quest among guild members, or even persuading other members to join. As an example think "ten points to gryffindor"

-Implement guild member limits to 25-50 members (this would increase the exclusivity of guilds, make the member selection process more important, increase the demand for more guilds, and form a tighter bond among the actual members)

-have an annual or Semi-annual guild war strictly for the honor of the guild, no prizes or entry fee, however players are encouraged to hold guild tournaments in which a small group would enter with an adequate entree fee and battle it out.

- have periodic special pricing on guild creation. OR lower the price completely. Currently it stands at .1% of the entire economy, which is around 77 billion pokedollars. Given the information that it costs 77m to create a guild, and a comparison to the top 100 money list fairly few people could afford to make a guild and it not ruin them financially. Perhaps the poll will reveal more information on the matter.

- have a penalty for having over X amount of players in the guild

One suggestion I'd like to give more credit to is the territory suggestion that was placed in the previous thread,(having each guild fight for control of a city for their particular advantages) I think this is a wonderfully creative thing and would like to see more thought on the matter.

I made this thread specifically to hear feedback and original ideas from you all, please carefully consider your response so as to make it as short, sweet, and informative as possible. IF you MUST create a mini-essay here, please give a TLDR summary, thank you all.

Tecknician

-Make a ranking system with the guild through battles or achievements, all guilds would naturally aspire to be in the top 10. Battles between guilds, quest among guild members, or even persuading other members to join. As an example think "ten points to gryffindor"

How or who would be giving out these points? Can you drawl out this idea further?

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I'd do a points system. I don't want to sound foolish not knowing the limitations of the client, but something to the effect of battles between members of rival guilds have an option to wager points. The winner will gain a point, the loser forgoes his. In respect to non battling guilds they have a chance to do quests, or earn points by finding and capturing shinies, or HR's. Perhaps benchmarks for the guild, such as members gained, or longevity (6 months, 1 year ect)

no person would be responsible for distributing points, it'd be basically auto traded from one guild bank to another for in game battles, or accomplishments. However it could viably be worked out would be fine.

HeavyPetter

Something like making it possible to transfer control of a guild to players that are currently active would also be a nice thing. For example - I think I'm the only active player in Team Rocket <TR> at the moment, maybe along with BlameAoD. Even if I could afford it, I could not start a new and active Team Rocket because the existing one is already hogging the name and the tag.

The idea with battles for control over a city seems really fun! Maybe with the addition that only the type used in the city's gym can be used for such battles? (Ground+Poison for Viridian which is the only one where it would not be obvious)

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I believe it is currently possible for the main owner of a guild to pass on ownership to another person, however he obviously must be active in order to do so.
Using only the cities gym pokemon would be disadvantageous to a competitive scene as some have advantage over others, for example saffron would always beat cianwood.

HeavyPetter

EcoWOLFrb said:
Using only the cities gym pokemon would be disadvantageous to a competitive scene as some have advantage over others, for example saffron would always beat cianwood.

Yeah... but battling for control over saffron would not require you to battle the team from cianwood etc. There would be separate competitions for separate cities.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
ahh I see what you're saying, but it would make the ruling guild very easy to beat knowing what type of pokes they'll use. I'm afraid no one would want to adhere to that standard.

Stank

Youngster
yeah i hate the idea of using gym specific pokes...that would make defeating the guild and taking over extremely simple and would require no strategy at all to do so...I am however all for guild controlled towns. id like to add a small addition to the town idea as well as tie it to the "house points"* system suggestion

Guild Allies and Rivals

at any time you can go in to your guild hub and select guilds to either be allies or rivals.

Rivals:
1. Both Guild leaders MUST confirm Rival requests
2. If members from rival guilds battle the winner would receive double "house points", losing guild loses double
3. Small fee to enter any town controlled by rival Guild.*
4. Higher prices in Marts in Rival Guild territory*

Allies:
1. Both Guild leaders MUST confirm Ally requests
2. If members of allied teams battle no "house points" are rewarded or taken
3. No fees to enter towns controlled by an Ally Guild*
4. Reduced prices in Marts in Ally Guild territory*

*"House Points" is referring to Eco's 10 points to Gryffindor example of a Guild Point System
*Once again don't know if possible but if a var check could be done for Ally/Rival that could work
*I don't know if this is possible, would be awesome if mart NPCs could do like a var check to see Ally/Rival status and change prices

PhantomsCV

Stank said:
yeah i hate the idea of using gym specific pokes...that would make defeating the guild and taking over extremely simple and would require no strategy at all to do so...I am however all for guild controlled towns. id like to add a small addition to the town idea as well as tie it to the "house points"* system suggestion

Guild Allies and Rivals

at any time you can go in to your guild hub and select guilds to either be allies or rivals.

Rivals:
1. Both Guild leaders MUST confirm Rival requests
2. If 2 members from a rival guild battle the winner would receive double "house points", losing guild loses double
3. Small fee to enter any town controlled by rival Guild.*
4. Higher prices in Marts in Rival Guild territory*

Allies:
1. Both Guild leaders MUST confirm Ally requests
2. If members of allied teams battle no "house points" are rewarded or taken
3. No fees to enter towns controlled by an Ally Guild*
4. Reduced prices in Marts in Ally Guild territory*

*"House Points" is referring to Eco's 10 points to Gryffindor example of a Guild Point System
*Once again don't know if possible but if a var check could be done for Ally/Rival that could work
*I don't know if this is possible, would be awesome if mart NPCs could do like a var check to see Ally/Rival status and change prices

Where's the like button on this forum? This makes sense.

Stank

Youngster
Another thing is i know it costs to make a guild, BUT 77 mill is kinda BS I know its a money sink and all but damn drop the price drastically. Some people don't want a gigantic guild, they might just want to have a cool tag after their name to which i say go for it.

from the wiki
You Must Have More Than 1000 Minutes Of In Game Time *type /info*
You Must Pay 0.1% of the total amount of in game money (excludes accounts which are banned permanently)
You Must Have Over 150 Reputation Points *type /rep*
You Must Have Over 200 Wins *type /pvp*
Other Rules:
The Guild Name Can't Already Exist On A Case-Insensitive Search
The Guild Name Must Be 4 To 25 Characters Long
The Guild Name Can't Contain The Follow Characters: %, ', ", :, ;, ?, |, & , >, < And ','

My new proposed Guild Creation Requirements

1. You must have more than 25 Hours of in game time
2. You must pay a 50 mill flat rate fee
3. You must have over 500 reputation points
4. A 1 mill PD fee will be charged every month from the guild bank (failure to pay this fee will disband your guild, forfeiting rights to the name and guild tag)

get rid of the wins count requirement to make a guild....I've been with PWO for like 4-5 years and i don't think on all my accounts that i have over 200 wins lol some people just don't battle to me its not fun....AT ALL

then ofc the rest of the requirements about guild names should be the same

DK64

Just going to comment on stanks requirement change.
I would prefer 50 hours over 25
I am okay with 50 mil
I am not familiar with how rep works enough to agree or disagree. I havnt actually played on a player account long enough yet so maybe other players can help me out with that.
Monthly fee I dont mind but I do agree there should be a fee
I do feel there should be a win requirement but I think it ahould be 75 not 200

Stank

Youngster
50 hours seems a bit much imo right now as it stands with a 1000 min limit thats only like 16.6 hours so thats quite a substantial jump
1000 rep is max so i just went with half
id be ok with 75 IF there has to be a win count, but like i said not everything is about battles which i wish more people here would understand, i hate battling and dont feel as though a guild like rare hunters (just an example) should have to have a specific win count to make a guild, as that isnt even what their guild is about

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I'd personally rather just pay the 77m up front fee, adding monthly payments would eventually cost more than 77m... which pretty much defeats the purpose of lowering the price in the first place. As you've said some people just want to have a cool guild tag so they create a guild for themselves. I don't think it would be fair to go away for a year because of school or illness and come back to find your guild that you paid 50m for gone. It's not like you'd have your pokemon that you bought taken away for being inactive (unless it's 2 years lol)

The reason for me to say lowering the guild price would be good is because it would increase the amount of people able and willing to create a guild since even staff wants more competition. Why would we give a negative to balance out a positive instead of just giving a positive thing for promotion of guilds?

I feel that the standard of .1% of all money in game was set when either A: there was less money in the game, or B: the economy was better and people could afford it. Perhaps new accommodations should be made for the new economy.

Stank

Youngster
I see what you are saying even without the fees i do 100% feel that the price of guild creation should be dropped.

What are your thoughts on the other requirements i mentioned?

Stank

Youngster
ok so after an extensive conversation with Eco, we have come up with a good idea for guild creation. I don't know if this will be possible to do completely BUT here is our idea....

So we decided that we want to take guild creation out of Playerdex and move it to the game, or at least start it in game with a quest and have the setup in Playerdex if actual guild setup cant be done in game.

We want to have a "Guild HQ" set in silver town in the building right in front of the PC.

2IadnVd.png

The reason for this location is it is in between both regions and the quest will take place in both...the only requirement to start the quest is the ability to get to silver town

we want to suggest getting rid of the raw data requirements (time, rep, wins) and instead introduce a long game wide quest

we don't have a ton of ideas on actual quest parts but some of the ideas we have had are

small fetch quest to seafoam/whirl islands
obtaining Pdex data for eevee (if i remember correctly we can do that)
obtaining Mewtwos Pdex data (if hes still in C Cave) this will require you to do the cerulean cave quest to get it
and finally culminating in the dragons den where we want to have like a "red" npc in the cave that will give the data of another like rare poke that no one would have
after you get all that you go back to the Guild HQ where you pay your "union dues" for lack of a better description

and ofc there will be more in between but we just felt that having guild creation in game is a much better suited idea for requirements because its going to be a hell of a quest to complete since as part of it you will have to get in to both cerulean cave and the Dragons den. This imo shows more dedication than some numbers.

and even if the actual process of guild creation can not be done in game you can make a var that states that you completed the quest have pdex check that instead of your time, rep, wins, and money.

Side note i just thought of while typing all this out, this is aimed at teck, but would there be a way to create like a PC in the Guild HQ if we do this that has a few options on it to display things like Biggest guild, Most guild points (if we do the "house points" thing), best win/loss ratio ...etc?

Stank

Youngster
and people please this is a community thread...we want to hear what everyone has to say, so if you have suggestions please feel free to speak up...i miss the days of several page long discussion topics :(

Merse

Youngster
Ok, I throw my cents in then.
What I expect from a guild is to give smoe extra benefit into the game. It could happen by making players to cooperate for some common goal which give the guild member some handsome bonus, or by adding a new element, open up a new aspect of of the game. Anything that make being a guild member more than currently is, which is having a guild tag after your name, would be good. Currently there is just not gameplay-wise reason to be active in a guild.

Stank

Youngster
Merse said:
Ok, I throw my cents in then.
What I expect from a guild is to give smoe extra benefit into the game. It could happen by making players to cooperate for some common goal which give the guild member some handsome bonus, or by adding a new element, open up a new aspect of of the game. Anything that make being a guild member more than currently is, which is having a guild tag after your name, would be good. Currently there is just not gameplay-wise reason to be active in a guild.
well if you have any suggestion for reasons to be in a guild please feel free to suggest them, thats what this thread is for

Merse

Youngster
I have no exact ideas, not the kind that could be achieved with the current client at least... I was already writing about that in some earlier thread. Customizable Guild HQs, co-operative quests, these kind of stuff. But whenever I have a great idea about the game it always comes down to the limitations of the current client :( You can't even collect something together with your guild mates because you can't trade items!