Improving the battle system.

LanceDM

Creobis said:
LanceDM said:
1- Fixing broken moves such as: Solar beam (2 turns), Hyper Beam (2 turns), counter (no need to explain this one), outrage (attacks from 3 to 4 consec times confusing users poke), Fly (2 turns), Dive (2 turns) sustitute (you know what this does), etc... healing moves aswell: Dream eather, Giga Drain, rest, etc... Allowing pokes to be Frozen with Ice beam and the rest of the Ice Moves. And for last what Goku've said: ''Priority moves working perfectly..(like bullet punch goin first always irrespective of the pokemons speed)''

If any of these move functions were fixed, you would prefer it over other suggestions on your list? Just to bring more clarity.

Nope, I would go for:

1- Tms - As I've said, this will improve the battle system, a lot
2- Fixing moves, most of them - Solar beam/fly and stuff should be a priority (to me)
3- Held Items, Im sure this will change a lot the battle system.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
In progress...

HitmonFonty said:
1. Switching pokemon that aren't fainted either fixed or disabled.
2. Battle related abilities added. Blaze, Aftermath, Cute Charm, Damp, Effect Spore, Levitate, Flame Body, Anger point, Immunity, Insomnia, Limber, Intimidate, Adaptability, Bad Dreams, Lightning Rod, Battle Armor, Clear Body, Color Change, Early Bird, Flash Fire, Guts, Huge Power, Hustle, Hyper Cutter, Iron Fist
3. Flinching implemented. (and Inner Focus ability)
4. Accuracy moves fixed/enabled. (plus keen eye/compound eyes abilities)
5. Healing moves fully fixed/enabled.
6. Priority moves fixed/enabled.
7. Death moves fixed to have the effect/deal the damage intended.
8. Freeze effect fixed.

There. :)
[/quote]

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Question. Would this fix switching or am I horribly out of tune with official game PvP?

Make a "switch" status effect that has a guaranteed single turn wait. In other words, it would happen every time you switch out and immobilize the switched pokemon for one turn.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
CheckeredZebra said:
Make a "switch" status effect that has a guaranteed single turn wait. In other words, it would happen every time you switch out and immobilize the switched pokemon for one turn.

I do not know enough about the infrastructure of the battle system to attest the fixability of the switch problem, but for this to appease the player's concerns with switching, the single-turn wait should only actuate if the switched-in Pokemon is faster than the opponent. Otherwise, it would theoretically cause a slower Pokemon to sustain an additional repercussion, if it was struck immediately after being switched in, and being debilitated by the one-turn-wait status; unless it was fixable in the manner mentioned in my previous sentence.

Reiterating, however, Tecknician would likely have to confirm how surefire this is, compared to making oncoming attacks on switched-in Pokemon disregardful to speed.

mad30

Youngster
What I want to see is for the game to not crash while battling! Thats the only provent that matters

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Although this thread can still field further feedback, I feel as if a considerable amount has been submitted thus far to have a rough feel on the populous' opinion. I have thoroughly examined all submissions, for those that are acceptably specific, and I have totalized how frequent of a suggestion they were, complemented by their degree of prioritization.

From what I have gathered, based on what feedback has been given so far, the following suggestions seem to be what is the most desirable—for the micro-suggestions that I believe are the most plausible to be implemented anytime soon:

-Fixing/disabling of switching.
-Health-restoring moves.
-Priority moves.
-Black/White 2 movesets.
-Multi-stat-enhancing moves (eg: Dragon's Dance)
-Multi-turn moves.

I have to ask: why are these considered more important than most aspects? Why would these improve the battle system more than other aspects?

Don't get me wrong; I acknowledge that some of you provided supporting reasons for them to be added, but in the context of priorities: why are these considered more desirable amongst the innumerable potential points of improvement within the battle system?

These are questions that are best answered by anyone who supports these suggestions; whether they have vocally favored them yet or not.

LanceDM

Creobis said:
-Health-restoring moves.
-Priority moves.
-Black/White 2 movesets.

Not trying to be rude, but we've answered each point with details, you're asking the same thing and Im sure that if you read the entirely topic (again) you'll find the answers, you could do a list with our answers and put them in the main topic instead getting us to answer you for 2nd time... I gave you pretty good details and I can't see my suggestions in your list and I wasn't the only one giving you what I've suggested, so you're putting what YOU think is better, wich is not the point of this topic, I guess? How many players suggested B/W movesets? lol... There are more points that will make more diff on our battle system. Don't take me as a newbie when is about battling, or you'll hurt me...

Orean

Website
twitter.com
LanceDM said:
Creobis said:
-Health-restoring moves.
-Priority moves.
-Black/White 2 movesets.

Not trying to be rude, but we've answered each point with details, you're asking the same thing and Im sure that if you read the entirely topic (again) you'll find the answers, you could do a list with our answers and put them in the main topic instead getting us to answer you for 2nd time... I gave you pretty good details and I can't see my suggestions in your list and I wasn't the only one giving you what I've suggested, so you're putting what YOU think is better, wich is not the point of this topic, I guess? How many players suggested B/W movesets? lol... There are more points that will make more diff on our battle system. Don't take me as a newbie when is about battling, or you'll hurt me...

Sorry if I was not clear enough, but the questions I asked in my previous post were meant to differentiate from other specifics. I asked for specifics in terms of what was prioritized, as well as elaborating on a specific point of the battle system that was smaller-scale, and did not necessarily require major redevelopments of the battle system to support it. With that accounted for, and with some light shed on the more popular suggestions that are feasible with the current functionality of the battle system, I wanted to address them and really encourage more collective verbal feedback on why they are so comparably important.

I acknowledged the supporting reasons provided in your post, as well as other submissions, and they will be well-considered. For those that gave a satisfactory degree of specifics/affirming reasons, for why it is so important, in their suggestions, I am not asking that you/them to repeat their reasons in response to my recent post. However, beyond a community consensus on the more consequential changes, I am encouraging those who favor it to give more verbal/elaborate feedback on why it is considered comparably important; now that I have a bigger feel on several suggestions that seem to be more popular plus more systematically doable.

Reiterating, some of you have done this already, but for others to make it more collectively persuasive (whether they have concisely highlighted what they believed is the most important, without any specific reason; or if they have yet to post at all), it will help to provide their specifics as well.

Also, I want to make it very clear that the suggestions I outlined in my last post are in no way my personal opinion on what should be prioritized; my only opinion is that the community's feedback should have a consequential influence on our priorities. The ones I mentioned were smaller-scope suggestions that I simply believed are more possible to add in sooner than other macro-suggestions that were suggested.

I acknowledge that abilities, held items, etc... were among popular suggestions as well, but these are larger-scale updates that I simply do not believe can be developed in a timely manner, compared to the other changes suggested. I am not ruling them out long-term, but for the smaller [popularly desirable] changes that do not require major redevelopments to the battle system, I wanted to address them further simply because I believe they are more simplistic changes that could potentially meet the desires of the community considerably faster.

Furthermore, how well-considered the feedback is does not account for one's experience/expertise as a battler, as much as how well-presented their suggestions have been. The changes that this thread is asking for feedback on are meant to cater not only to the high-profile battling community, but also to prospective pvpers, who would be more inclined to battling if definite points of the battle system were improved.

On a final note, I edited my previous post; addressed more suggestions that I thought I outlined, but omitted apparently.

robertallan

Just Flinch, Levitate and moves that require turns before it can be used again (solarbeam, hyper beam, etc.) or moves like outrage and petal dance that is continuously performed when used and gives status effects after would be fine with me.
Bet they're by far the simplest but still might give a relatively fair change in the battling system.

Also hoping for GW2 moveset. Since all I can do when Arcanine faces a Dragonite is use Flamethrower (SPATK) and hope it burns. XD
Oops, secret strat revealed. XD

Good luck guys. :D Hope everything will turn out fine. :)

dylanmc12

A lot of moves, like Softboiled (Hardboiled?) don't work. Chansey is the one and only Pokemon who you can really call a "healer", so I think it would stable the economy a little more. I get it that it doesn't work properly yet because of the infinite healing (ie, battle another player who you're friends with, heal all of your Pokemon up in the battle, and then if they have a Chansey, do the same), and if the PP system isn't in yet (that's another thing) then I understand that.

But seriously, it's not just Soft/Hardboiled. The wiki has a laundry list of moves and abilities that do nothing or could easily be implemented.

Franc92

Youngster
PhantomsCV said:
I just want all the moves working correctly. I do not want to see any more BROKEN moves. If they could get that done by the end of the year, it would be a success.

passed 2 years and still not all moves have been fixed. CURSE BROKEN AS HELL in Dusknoir. LOLLOLOLOLOL

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Franc92 said:
passed 2 years and still not all moves have been fixed. CURSE BROKEN AS HELL in Dusknoir. LOLLOLOLOLOL

This is not constructive, keep the post on topic. If you have a complaint I'm sure you know where to put it.

If you have a specific suggestion as to that would improve the battle system this post can still be of use to staff in choosing what to fix next.