IDEA: Pokemon Battle Revamped like Real Anime Pokemon Battle

Sanven

Most of you must have played Mission Games like, Desert Storm, World War, Call of Duty..!!!

the battle mechanism here is you can control player and direction where to hit, and dodge any attack from opponent depending upon your capability to dodge.!!

I wanted that, if this system be introduced in Pokemon, like you chose which pokemon to battle, then you have all control on that pokemon, where to move, how to dodge by moving left and right, and direct your attack by turning your pokemon head, and forward and backward moves also..!!! we can have 4 keys on keyboard to chose which move to attack..!!!"

We can have keys for left right, foward backward, and mouse to control direction and click to hit, while 1,2,3,4 keys to chose move..!!! Special moves would need direction while Physical moves like quick attack etc can have automatic direction attack if your direction is nearly correct ..!! in which pokemon will go and hit pokemon and come back..!!! Thus the opponent can have chance to block or dodge..!!!

Like this we can have battles, just like real Pokemon battles, a pokemon can hide in grass or behind rock and heal himseld with healing moves..
The battles will be thrilling like this..!!!! much more different than those handhelds, its not necessary whats in handheld should only be continued, our own battle system can be introduced..!!! :)
And there will be no turn system, as in real Pokemon too, pokemons use combo of moves to attack, there was turn by turn system to attack and get killed..!!! they both sometimes attack at once to each other which causes collision of moves..!!! i believe programming of such system is not so difficult..!!! :)

EDIT: It can be in 2-D also..!!! like viewing from Top..!!! as a starting, later it can be converted to 3-D.

What do you think guys???

Please do comment on it :)

RicardoTav

Re: Pokemon Battles Revamped like Real TV Pokemon Battles

I saw a game like that and really was awesome saddly the project was canceled but was funny playing it but i dont belive that will happen on pwo xD.

Sanven

I have CSE branch in college, but when I will complete my B.E., I'll join Developer of this game, and will try to do something like this, but i think by then there will be a lot upgrade in the system :)

Sanven

If implemented this system, then moves like Double Team can work like in real anime :) once used, same pidgeotto all around you, now the opponent doesn't where to target :D or you can use dig, to come out of any part of battle area and hit opponent from even back..!!!

Wouldn't it be a very exciting battle to play?? I think like real anime, then one pokemon can have more than 4 moves..!!!

Please Shane or or any other client Developer, do read this idea :) and tell me how is it?? The idea and Its implementation, how is it?

Sad to see no response from common PWO community.. :( is it really a bad idea?? if yes then too reply me why??

Merse

Youngster
Re: IDEA: Pokemon Battle Revamped like Real Anime Pokemon Ba

It would be an insanely huge task. Just imagine how much work it would be to animate every single Pokemon. Then animate the attacks, define hitboxes, calculate damage... It would be too much even for an official development team. Not to mention that battles like that would consume a helluva lot of server memory. Our server couldn't handle it.
It's a nice dream, but frankly, it's simply impossible.

Sanven

Every single pokemon is already animated, watch your pokemon when they follow you, they actually look like moving :) same thing is to be applied on battles :)
and just like we control the player, we will control the pokemon :) and the damages will be calculated just as it is now. But I dont know about the memory required... when this thing is client sided i suppose, the only new thing server has to do is to manage location of pokemon on small battlefield :)

Nshims

I think that this project is feasible, but would require many funds ($$), as PWO non-profit would be difficult to invest in a project of such magnitude and the same can not repay capital expenditures.

Even if someone can assure the funds would take too long to design the project, and would imply the creation of new calculations for everything that is switched on to the dynamism of Pokemons in combat.

Not to mention the creation of all sprites in 2d, or the creation of all animated 3D models. I think that is kind of mission impossible for the staff of the PWO we have now.

Eu acho que, este projecto é realizável, mas precisaria de muitos fundos ($$), como o PWO não tem fins lucrativos seria bem difícil investir num projecto de tamanha magnitude sendo que o mesmo não possa reembolsar os capitais gastos.

Mesmo que alguém possa garantir os fundos levaria muito tempo para a concepção do projecto, e implicaria na criação de novos cálculos para tudo que estiver ligado ao dinamismo dos Pokemons em combata.

Sem falar da criação de todos os sprites em 2d, ou a criação de todos os modelos animados em 3d. Eu acho que, é uma missão meio que impossível para a equipe do PWO que temos agora.

Merse

Youngster

Sanven said:
Every single pokemon is already animated, watch your pokemon when they follow you, they actually look like moving :) same thing is to be applied on battles :)
and just like we control the player, we will control the pokemon :) and the damages will be calculated just as it is now. But I dont know about the memory required... when this thing is client sided i suppose, the only new thing server has to do is to manage location of pokemon on small battlefield :)
Lol you seriously want to compare following sprites to battling animation?
I tell you the secret: When Pokemon follow you, it's a GIF. Nothing else! It's an endlessly played video, like the S Charizard in my avatar. Now compare that GIF to let's say GTA 3 (And I was generous :p). What currently a Pokemon game - ANY Pokemon game, including the official ones - are capable of, are those GIFs. What you wish for is a fluent and dynamic movement like you have in GTA. You see the huge difference between the two, right? :p

Sanven

Merse said:
Sanven said:
Every single pokemon is already animated, watch your pokemon when they follow you, they actually look like moving :) same thing is to be applied on battles
and just like we control the player, we will control the pokemon and the damages will be calculated just as it is now. But I dont know about the memory required... when this thing is client sided i suppose, the only new thing server has to do is to manage location of pokemon on small battlefield :)
Lol you seriously want to compare following sprites to battling animation?
I tell you the secret: When Pokemon follow you, it's a GIF. Nothing else! It's an endlessly played video, like the S Charizard in my avatar. Now compare that GIF to let's say GTA 3 (And I was generous . What currently a Pokemon game - ANY Pokemon game, including the official ones - are capable of, are those GIFs. What you wish for is a fluent and dynamic movement like you have in GTA. You see the huge difference between the two, right?
Its not GIF, its several frames captured for movement, just like for your player sprite, look in Images folder of your Default skin, inside Monsters> Follow
You will see its several frames of movements there, for left right forward and backward, its not infinite frames in animation, if it were that, then when you stop the pokemon would still be be moving lol :D but its not the case :)
Only difference is they are small, we require a little large.
And i'm not saying exactly GTA with fine clear picture and accurate movements, that we dont have for even our player, but very similar to GTA functioning, atleast starting approach, in 2D only.. :)

Merse

Youngster

YupExactly. And what a movie is? Or what an animated GIF is? That's right, a series of captured images. But you obviously don't understand the real problemsof what you want to have, so it's pointless to continue this conversation.

Gokurockspokemon

i that ever happended it would run on an internet connection of 3g and that still not introduced in many countries. :( :(

Arnie

take a step.back and look at what ur suggesting. ur suggesting that they create a battle arena type thing. even if that were possible which it is, it would take an incredible amount of manhours to accomplish. even in 2d there would need to be several hundred sprite frames per pokemon, and multiply that by at least 493 and u could be running into 100000+ images to create, not fun for the artists. and for a 3d u would to create a polygon wireframe mesh for each poke...well u wouldnt have really if u were ok with hacking Pokemon battle revolution to get them.