Idea for a new business...

pignao24

Sooo I was thinking, since there's only one money making business in PWO (Day Care), I was thinking of starting a new trend, called.. wait for it.... Bounty Hunting!!!!

Well the way this would work is, the customer would give me (the hunter) money to catch a certain pokemon.

R = 3k ~ 8k
VR = 10 ~ 30k
HR = 50k ~ 100K (Price depends on the pokemon as well.)

The price is VERY Negotiable. Pm me and we will work something out.

Of course there would be a certain deadline to meet, let's say the customer gives you 3 day's. If the hunter does not meet the deadline, he or she would give the money back, simple as that.

Soo whaddya guys think?

If anyone is interested, message me, pignao24 (Kanto only for now)
or minifromage (co-hunter, splitting profits 50/50)
and i will update this post ASAP.

Thanks for your time ;)

Current Customer(s)
WillieWonka: Snorlax , Due in 4 Days; September 12, 2013. DONE !
future_sight: Snorlax, Due in 7 Days; September 15,2013 DONE !

KstersSlade

Not a fan of the idea since it seems unfair. Encounters are random so if the hunter doesn't find the poke within the time they have, they have to give the money back but its not their fault. I also don't see someone paying to find the poke because I think people would rather hunt themselves or buy/trade for the poke.

pignao24

Well some people don't have all day to play pokemon, and plus this could be a cheaper way to get a pokemon they need.
Also, that's the point of being a hunter, its a hunt, so you take a risk. It's a choice wether you want to start a business like this or not.
Thanks for the feedback however :))

HeavyPetter

Why don't you go ahead and start it? I will be your first customer if you do :)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I see a few potential problems with this.

*HRs can and often do take more than 3 days to find, as can some VRs.
*More chance for scammers to take money and run.
*If you already have at least one of the pokemon in question (which is average or low IV) you can get someone else to pay for your hunt and just give them the worst of the two when you catch another one.
*In any case I highly doubt anyone would admit to catching a high IV rare and giving it away for a low price.

For point 2 maybe one suggestion would be to ask for a deposit in the beginning, say 10% of the total fee. If you are unsuccessful you keep the 10% anyway for your time, but if you are successful they pay you the rest on completion.

On the other hand if you are fair about this it could be useful for some players. As Heavy said just try it out and see how it goes.

pignao24

@HitmonFonty
Thanks for the issues that you've point out.
For the IV problem, i suggest asking the customer if the IV is good enough, if not then the customer then gives the hunter an extended period so it can meet the customer's standards?

I do like the 10% total fee idea, which i would gladly try out at first. Seeing that most people, specially in mmorpgs such as this game, have trust issues because of scammers, and hackers.

@HeavyPeter
Add me in game, message me, or post it up here and I will update my post. :) Thank you for your help and interest.
- my IGN is pignao24 as well.

Krowaz

HitmonFonty said:
I see a few potential problems with this.

*More chance for scammers to take money and run.
*If you already have at least one of the pokemon in question (which is average or low IV) you can get someone else to pay for your hunt and just give them the worst of the two when you catch another one.
I thought of these also immediately, not everyone is quite as fair.
Most people i meet here though seem to be nice and honest though :)
But i guess most of us want to get rich quickly, also this means if the IV's are epic chances are he might try to sell it instead of just collecting the bounty.
It all come down to trust i guess

HeavyPetter

So, if you've decided to start your business, the bounties I'm looking for are Sudowoodo and Lapras. Any one of those would be good. You could select one to start with and I'll pay you 10% in advance as suggested. I will add you as a pal in game next time I log on.

pignao24

@HeavyPetter Thank you for your interest, however i do regret to say that for now I am limited to Kanto region, seeing that I've only finished this particular region. I will be advancing soon to Johto so that I could attract a better business. I apologize again.