I want my Snover back !!!

Nikola

Youngster
To expand on what Naero said, PWO is not using true random numbers and it's always giving the same seed set. I will try and explain how PWOs RNG works on a rough way. Open server for say two people and go into PvP battle.

First round, go first and miss but I hit, now close server and open it again and start first and same thing will happen like before, but PWO seed set never changes. This can be applied anywhere where RNG is being used. Or, open server for 500 people and say 10th encounter will be shiny, now close it and open again, 10th encounter will be shiny. This is how PWO RNG works and it doesn't have anything to do with something being random.

In this case you saw IVs, user in question got Snover with above presented IV set. Game crashed and seed set was given to someone else who actually got same IV Snover. It was noticable because game crashes every minute and everytime it boots up same set is being given but to different user IDs. This is why you could see so many Pokemon having same stats recently.

Random timer is not being randomized as well. All what is needed is rand() % 31 + 1 instead of meaningless code to fool people and whoever wrote the code. This is pretty much 10 seconds fix where you solve 999 issues. This could also be reason why things went bugged with 32 IVs. That being said, there is nothing random in PWO, starting from IVs, encounters, Hits and misses and everything else where random is supposed to be given.

This is how random is supposed to work: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdlib/srand/

-Also whoever told you "IT'S ALL ABOUT LUCK" you may want to ask them again. There is no such thing as luck in PWO, not with current random code, no.

Jinga

Nikola said:
To expand on what Naero said, PWO is not using true random numbers and it's always giving the same seed set. I will try and explain how PWOs RNG works on a rough way. Open server for say two people and go into PvP battle.

First round, go first and miss but I hit, now close server and open it again and start first and same thing will happen like before, but PWO seed set never changes. This can be applied anywhere where RNG is being used. Or, open server for 500 people and say 10th encounter will be shiny, now close it and open again, 10th encounter will be shiny. This is how PWO RNG works and it doesn't have anything to do with something being random.

In this case you saw IVs, user in question got Snover with above presented IV set. Game crashed and seed set was given to someone else who actually got same IV Snover. It was noticable because game crashes every minute and everytime it boots up same set is being given but to different user IDs. This is why you could see so many Pokemon having same stats recently.

Random timer is not being randomized as well. All what is needed is rand() % 31 + 1 instead of meaningless code to fool people and whoever wrote the code. This is pretty much 10 seconds fix where you solve 999 issues. This could also be reason why things went bugged with 32 IVs. That being said, there is nothing random in PWO, starting from IVs, encounters, Hits and misses and everything else where random is supposed to be given.

This is how random is supposed to work: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdlib/srand/

-Also whoever told you "IT'S ALL ABOUT LUCK" you may want to ask them again. There is no such thing as luck in PWO, not with current random code, no.

So it seems i feel im scammed by pwo with their so called lucky encounters :mad:

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Nikola said:

This is interesting information. I never knew such tests were done so didn't know these specifics about the RNG. What you've said doesn't negate the random chance factor though, it just means that the random chance is repeated after a crash as far as I can see. Fixing the RNG remains a priority though- it's been on the list of important fixes for nearly a year, hopefully someone can get to it soon.

AndyMister

The bugs of this Christmas event is greater than that of Halloween, when I found my Shiny Rotom and the box was epic.

Attachments

• SHINY ROTOM.PNG
    SHINY ROTOM.PNG
    14.5 KB · Views: 562