Hunting Season

KarasuroKun

PWO Composer
Game Editor
Website
bb089.bandcamp.com
Nikola said:
As a PRO Developer and Project co-owner I can tell you few things. We try not to be focused on PWO happenings a lot, it's slowing us down sometimes. How many staff members are working on PRO? 19-20? None of those men was trained to show hate towards PWO. Some of them don't even know what PWO is. People focus on their work and that's it. If there are any lapses we try to fix them by talking to people. People should be talked with before decision is being made. Sadly, we can't control small groupies of people who are either people that likes the game or testers. If something is being said where PWO and its staff are being talked about means that there is a reason for it. Soon as you don't give reason to someone to joke with you it's ok (same can be said for both sides). I even made special rank called tester to test the game and it's not considered to be part of the PRO staff. It's not my fault or PROs fault that people from PWO are testing the game, I don't hold a gun on their head asking them to be testers for PRO. Something from PWO made them to leave PWO and seek those things they could never find in PWO. It's simply freedom of a choice. Nothing to hate there. One of the examples would be number of people who were PWO players for ages, staff even. Our system is made so that one can unlock their real skills. I was rather shocked when I saw some people and their work done in that short amount of time. Some of our mappers came to PRO with PWOs map editor and with PWO love, they were never discarded and thrown away because they are coming from here. We simply have that approach. Given the fact that we had no arguments inside of staff so far and that their work is breath taking tells me that the system might indeed work. To be frank, I couldn't even believe what some people are capable of where those same people used to be no1 on PWOs to ban list or throw away list. People needs to be talked with, they need to know that they work is welcome and that they are welcome. Only thing that can give you respect is pretty much what you do and how you behave. Making people aware that they are wanted..hell even make them feel special they will respect you too. Try to use that here it might help indeed. It's good to begin with.

I'm excited to see how PRO progresses. From what I've heard there has been much progress already. As an indie game designer myself, it's inspiring to see fan games like these grow. With the recent happenings going on and hate directed toward certain PWO staff, it has caused quite an uproar in the community. I can only hope that despite this, everything comes to terms and things get back on track without there being permanent damage.

I'm not quite sure where all of this PRO supporters are being banned is coming from. Everyone has the freedom to speak their mind as long as it complies with forum rules.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Nikola said:
People should be talked with before decision is being made. People needs to be talked with, they need to know that they work is welcome and that they are welcome. Only thing that can give you respect is pretty much what you do and how you behave. Making people aware that they are wanted..hell even make them feel special they will respect you too. Try to use that here it might help indeed. It's good to begin with.

I agree here.

KarasuroKun said:
I'm excited to see how PRO progresses. From what I've heard there has been much progress already. As an indie game designer myself, it's inspiring to see fan games like these grow. With the recent happenings going on and hate directed toward certain PWO staff, it has caused quite an uproar in the community. I can only hope that despite this, everything comes to terms and things get back on track without there being permanent damage.

I'm not quite sure where all of this PRO supporters are being banned is coming from. Everyone has the freedom to speak their mind as long as it complies with forum rules.

^
I like this guy. This is the kind of maturity that an staff member must have. I don't know who you are, but I'm glad to see you as an staff member of pwo.

Jinga

KarasuroKun said:
Nikola said:
As a PRO Developer and Project co-owner I can tell you few things. We try not to be focused on PWO happenings a lot, it's slowing us down sometimes. How many staff members are working on PRO? 19-20? None of those men was trained to show hate towards PWO. Some of them don't even know what PWO is. People focus on their work and that's it. If there are any lapses we try to fix them by talking to people. People should be talked with before decision is being made. Sadly, we can't control small groupies of people who are either people that likes the game or testers. If something is being said where PWO and its staff are being talked about means that there is a reason for it. Soon as you don't give reason to someone to joke with you it's ok (same can be said for both sides). I even made special rank called tester to test the game and it's not considered to be part of the PRO staff. It's not my fault or PROs fault that people from PWO are testing the game, I don't hold a gun on their head asking them to be testers for PRO. Something from PWO made them to leave PWO and seek those things they could never find in PWO. It's simply freedom of a choice. Nothing to hate there. One of the examples would be number of people who were PWO players for ages, staff even. Our system is made so that one can unlock their real skills. I was rather shocked when I saw some people and their work done in that short amount of time. Some of our mappers came to PRO with PWOs map editor and with PWO love, they were never discarded and thrown away because they are coming from here. We simply have that approach. Given the fact that we had no arguments inside of staff so far and that their work is breath taking tells me that the system might indeed work. To be frank, I couldn't even believe what some people are capable of where those same people used to be no1 on PWOs to ban list or throw away list. People needs to be talked with, they need to know that they work is welcome and that they are welcome. Only thing that can give you respect is pretty much what you do and how you behave. Making people aware that they are wanted..hell even make them feel special they will respect you too. Try to use that here it might help indeed. It's good to begin with.

Atlast someone who speaks sense.
NO one has any ill feelings towards staff but only frustration over some of the staff's behaviour and their work rate causing zero progress in pwo.

KarasuroKun

PWO Composer
Game Editor
Website
bb089.bandcamp.com
matileo19 said:
KarasuroKun said:

^
I like this guy. This is the kind of maturity that an staff member must have. I don't know who you are, but I'm glad to see you as an staff member of pwo.

Thank you! There's a tag under my avatar on the right-hand side of the screen that says I am GE: Composer. So I am he who makes music for PWO. On the other side, I voice my opinion regarding staff related matters. I don't get in-game much either. When I do though, I usually keep to myself.

Jinga said:
Atlast someone who speaks sense.
NO one has any ill feelings towards staff but only frustration over some of the staff's behaviour and their work rate causing zero progress in pwo.

I see how that can be frustrating. There can be some outbursts or some "bad" behaviour when it comes to a volunteer based staff as opposed to a full professional staff. We all must work as a team for progress to be made but I can tell you with the road maps we have posted publicly, progress is indeed being made. Not as quickly as some may wish but it is being done.

Yasuozix

matileo19 said:
Nikola said:
People should be talked with before decision is being made. People needs to be talked with, they need to know that they work is welcome and that they are welcome. Only thing that can give you respect is pretty much what you do and how you behave. Making people aware that they are wanted..hell even make them feel special they will respect you too. Try to use that here it might help indeed. It's good to begin with.

I agree here.

KarasuroKun said:

^

I must agree with matileo, this is the type of staff member with a higher maturity, I like you a lot @KarasuroKun and I hope you continue with a long staff period.
If just the rest of the PWO staff were like you at the very start...