How to Play PWO-Ninja.

Professor.Oak

Hello, I want to teach everyone how to play a little game I invented when I was bored in PWO.
It's pretty simple and pretty entertaining.
The name of the Game is Ninja, Based of the popular IRL game of Ninja. I also call it Pacja, (mix of Pacman and Ninja) but don't really use it, so we'll just call it Ninja :p
Anyways, Here's a Youtube Video on how to Play, I'll also do a more detailed description afterwards.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T84mz5t0rv8[/youtube]​

So now that you know the basic Idea, I'll just go a little more in depth and review.

To play the game, get a couple of friends and just pick a location to play. Smaller maps are better since in bigger maps people tend to disappear when they're too far apart from each other, It also makes it more easier to be eaten, so you have to be on your guard more.

The game is played in rounds, every Player taking 1 turn per round depending on a pre-determined order. I usually just make a chat-box with everyone inside so that everyone can see the same order, and in which order they go in. Once everyone has gone once, the next round begins, and so on.

Each round every player will get a set amount of "Squares" depending on which round it is. Round 1, 1 Square, Round 2, 2 squares and so on and so on. With these squares they can move themselves OR somebody else.

You can split up the squares between you and moving another person as well, so for example you could say (if it was round 4), "I move 2 squares up, and I move "Bob" 2 squares down". Or vice-versa. You can make someone eat someone else by controlling them as well. The general rule is, whoever moves on top of the other person is the "survivor" while the person who doesn't move, is the "eaten".

To eat someone, you must land on them in your last "square". So if you have 5 squares, you must land on the person you want to eat in your 5th square.

If say for example someone was 2 squares away and it was round 5, You could move someone (a 3ed player) 3 squares, and then with your last 2 squares eat the other person.

This rule comes more into play when it gets down to 1 VS 1 where neither person has a 3ed player to relive their extra squares too, and so players must plan out how to move relative to how many squares their opponent has or will have the next round.

The aim of the game is to be the last person standing and not be eaten by the other players.

Prizes may be set if the players want, people can do a "Pot-style" Prize where everyone pitches in a certin amount of money, and whoever wins gets that money.
or there may be a Host for the game where someone will give away money to the winner. (If the hosts plays, you'll probably want to eat him first :p)
I will also be giving out Bi-Weekly Prizes to Players who show extraordinary skill in Ninja, you can read more about that here. (http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=12851)

I think this game would be pretty fun if a lot of people played, I can see masses playing and even having a Guild VS Guild Ninja-game. It's be fun to see :p
So whenver you guys are bored and have nothing to do, Just play a Ninja game with your friends and see how time passes by!

-----------------------Different Game-Types -----------------------​
As well as playing Regular Ninja, Players may choose to play a different Type of Ninja, where the rules shift, or different elements are added.

Sudden Death Ninja - This is game is played with only 2 players. It might become the official thing to do in 1 VS 1, but I haven't decided yet. Players start right next to each other diagonally. (So if I am at the bottom left square, my opponent will be 1 square to the right, 1 square up from me). No matter what, Players begin in Round 1. They have 1 Pokeminute (around 20 Seconds) to end their turn in each round, Failure to do so = elimination. So the game should end fairly quickly. Whoever doens't get eliminated or ends up eating the other player first, is the Winner.

Surf/Grass Ninja - This game is played in the Water or Grass routes. It's played the same as regular Ninja with the twist that anyone who gets into a Pokemon battle when they move loses one square off their next turn, additionally anyone who moves someone else which makes that person get into a battle gets one extra square in their next turn.

Team Ninja - Played as regular Ninja with teams. Players choose a team of 2 VS 2 or more. It should be easy enough to identify your teammate in small scale teams, but if you want extra identification everyone on one team can choose to have only one certain follow Pokemon, (i.e. Team Magicarp VS Team Pidgey) or removing their Pokemon from following them all together using the /follow command. The order of how players move is the most important in Team-Ninja, Players must sort their order so that it switches from One team to the next, so in a a 2 VS 2, Girls VS Boys, The order would be (G , B, G, B), This keeps one team from being able to move one player 20 gillion squares in two turns. Players may choose if they want to be able to eat their own team mates or not and should probably be pre-defined to avoid confusion later.

Hide and Seek Ninja - This is just one that I'll probably do, Pretty much someone plays the usual Hide and Seek game (if you don't know how to play Hide and Seek, view here http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=8500) Once the Hider is found, the hider and the Seeker play a game of Sudden Death Ninja.

Custom Games - Here are a couple ideas which I have yet to make official but you guys may tweak your own games with them if you'd like.
-Chomp Square. Person who eats other person gets one extra square on the next round.
-Revenge Square. Players who get eaten get one "Revenge" square and may move someone one square before going out.
-No Boundaries. It gets pretty complicated but, Players may go up and down stairs, outside, and still be in-game.
-No Move Penalty. Players may opt to not move in one round, but get a penalty of one square the next round.
-No backspace. You can't go back to the last space you were in. (No going back and forth)

GawertyXL

This is actually really cool, ive gotta try this. *Goes to catch a random person too play with*

F3rrar1

this i just so cool game.. yeah i even beated prof.oak few times xD really i suggest this game....;)
Also nice video ;D

Zain

Youngster
Ninja?? Now this is the Akatsuki game style...
Gotta try this :p
Really fun , entertaining and the way of Akatsuki style :D

Koriban

Oh god. You just had to put that fail game of Boys vs Girls D:

Literally threw away the win ¬_¬ felt so dumb. Such a great game though really does make you think.

Fionavara

Hahahaha awesume,I think its time for you to go "outside" I think you played pwo a bit o much xD
Cool innovative mini game, well done!

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
I played this with the one random evening, I had fun even though I'm the worst tactician ever.

Professor.Oak

Fionavara said:
Hahahaha awesume,I think its time for you to go "outside" I think you played pwo a bit o much xD
Cool innovative mini game, well done!

Lol... I guess, I was just bored and always host other games anyways so I just came up with my own.

Koriban

CheckeredZebra said:
I played this with the one random evening, I had fun even though I'm the worst tactician ever.

Still managed to Nom me plenty of times ¬_¬