how to encounter a VR or a HR poke in a bit faster...

Zarious

Hi its Zarious again,in this topic i'm going to show u in how to encounter VR(very rare) and HR(horrible rare) in a little bit faster...and the reason in why i made this topic is that some areas in the PWO that encoutering a VR or HR are easy bec. the list of pokemons are little while some areas are much diffcult bec.the list of pokemons are a lot and encountering one of them is much harder than u think for ex. pikachu.every1 REALLY wants to catch a pikachu so badly unfortunately its very diffcult to encounter 1 due lots of pokemons in the list,what about the johto and kanto's safari zones,its also diffcult to encounter a VR or HR pokes bec. your time in the safari zones is very small that the possibly in encountering a VR or HR is too short and need to stay some more...Although encountering a VR or HR is depend by luck...well sorry to disappoint u but its kinda a tough luck i guess,..so here is my answer..its so simple and no need hard work at all,u just need to off the battle intros in the options menu in the game and while u are battling a pokemon battle u just choose run..that's all..make sure that yr pokemons spd is high so u can make successful runs..and to tell u the truth it worked(a little) cuz i was in the power plant trying to find a pikachu and it took me 3 to 5 hours to find 1 but nothing happened so i was thinking if there was a way to let the VR or HR pokes to be encountered instantly..so i checked in the options menu,but nothing i found except that something called disable battle intros which got me interested,as u can see the battle intros in kinda boring i'm afraid cuz its the same name and logo,and its just like moving left and right kinda bugging me out.so i off it..and i started to encounter pokes faster than before...it took me more 20 common pokes to encounter and suddenly i encountered a HR koffing i was trying to catch it,but hard luck he self-destruct himself.let me tell how effective this tip..is that battle intros lasts for more than 5 to 10 seconds and then battle for older pc like mines while faster pc the battle intros lasts only 1 to 2 seconds only..with this tip battle intros disable will lasts from 1 to 2 sec.for older pc while faster pc will last only 1/2 to 1 seconds exactly...i assure u it will work(a little)...so u won't feel tired if u want to catch a VR or HR so badly.and maybe you'll finally catch the pokemon u want....well thats i hv to say..plz check out in this forum sometimes..cuz coming soon i'm going to write a topic in how to battle NPCs almost everyday and no need to wait 2 weeks again...this topic is useful for those who hv problems in earning money and who hv difficulties in hving a surfboard...ok thats it for now...thank u for yr time and patience in reading this topic..i now leave Farewell........P.S sorry for the long topic again :) :) :)

WiinolikePS3

If I understood correctly:

1. Disable Battle Intros (Why does this exist, anyway?)
2. Always run (No sense beating up on low level pokemon that give bad experience)
3. Search in areas with less Pokemon (Not always an option, though)

Maideza

Zarious, please consider how you write.

It's like a wall. I like long posts, but then they shouldn't be such a cluster.

It's just to help, don't take it the wrong way.

G

Just started playing this game.

Thanks for the tips! It really helps!

Threize

WiinolikePS3 said:

2. Always run (No sense beating up on low level pokemon that give bad experience)

Dude, you're awesome for being able to extract that wall of letters ;D

Zarious

Maideza said:

Yeah,i REALLY sorry for this long topic,i like the posts i put to be precisely understood.that's why my topics are always long..but anyways i'll try next time to shorten my posts..thks anyway for the tip :)

WiinolikePS3

Zarious said:
Maideza said:

Yeah,i REALLY sorry for this long topic,i like the posts i put to be precisely understood.that's why my topics are always long..but anyways i'll try next time to shorten my posts..thks anyway for the tip :)
It's not that you necessarily need to shorten your posts, you just need to break up the massive walls of text with spaces to make them easier to read.

Like this. Obviously you don't need to do it every line, but when the text block is practically so long that you have to scroll to see the bottom, it can be a bit tough to read. I did read it all, but it was a bit difficult to follow due to the formatting, not because of the content.

G

I agree with the spaces in between just to break it up a bit but good advice none the less and something I will definitely try to take advantage of, thanks Zar!

G

Or maybe they should up percentages. I mean it's not that ridiculously hard in the hand held version. I always run into Pikachus in the Viridian Forest.

risefromruins

Youngster
MrSinister said:
Or maybe they should up percentages. I mean it's not that ridiculously hard in the hand held version. I always run into Pikachus in the Viridian Forest.

1) PWO is meant to be more difficult then the handhelds

2) If every pokemon was catchable at a moments notice there would be no economy whatsoever.

G

What economy? The billion trade offers in the chat window? Or the whoring tokens for donations?

Both of which SUCK and are completely against the spirit of pokemon.

I'd rather the game be like a facebook game, and use the pokemart to sell items for both coins (free) and money (donations/profit).

i.e: 3 Masterballs for a dollar, 1 rare candy for a $1, etc

Saric

Youngster
MrSinister said:
What economy? The billion trade offers in the chat window? Or the whoring tokens for donations?

I'd rather the game be like a facebook game, and use the pokemart to sell items for both coins (free) and money (donations/profit).

I'd rather not have PWO turn into the abomination that zynga and others that have ruined games, lol.
Honestly I don't see much of a problem with the current economy.
Yes, it's flawed, and the token issues won't be a problem when the new system gets put up for it and once the tokens are automatic again.

PokeViper

This is a great tip! I heard it earlier when on the server and will be trying it when i start going for VR/HR's

I also have to agree with Saric, MrSinister. Zynga is a horrible abomination that has ruined the spirit of gaming in my opinion. Anything that perpetuates its monstrous desire for greed is NOT cool. So let's not have PWO go in that direction! Please!

G

WiinolikePS3 said:

1. Is there an option about it?
2. I wouldn't agree.. If you are so hasty clicking "Run" button repeatedly, you will cry :(
3. I agree with this one but There are much of "1 HR pokemon which only has 1 area". :(

MrSinister said:

No,No,No,No,No,No, seriously NO. If someone has real money and without any doubt wasting it to buy those kind of "cheating" things, the game will be ruined for sure with just one person that is Imba as hell. One of the game I played has suffered from this things. 1 year and 2 months the game opened, It is now at its death.
Please for the sake of PWO, DO NOT APPLY this Thing. Remember that PWO is a non-Profit Online game.
I believe that PWO can stand for 4 years more because This thing is never applied.

Zarious

Numontia,i agree everything u said in yr post,especially yr answer of no.1 and no.3,except yr answer of no.2 which u are right and wrong in the same time. u r right cuz if u r too hasty to click run all the time its REALLY a problem for those who has a faster PCs but not for older PCs like mine,so for those who has faster PCs,take it a bit slowly like u r carrying a beautiful princess in yr hand,by clicking run one in a time gently. u r wrong cuz its a good option especially for the place that has many poke list in this area and the safari areas in both regions,i spent my 3k two times so i can stay in the safari as much i can,i hv not encountered a SINGLE VR or HR poke at all,plus battling commons and other pokes all the time and no clicking run is useless and waste of time. I hope u understand in what i hv meant...thank u

Maideza

Turning off the battle intro, doesn't actually save time.

Not from what I can tell, anyway. If anyway, it's more annoying.

sarks

well its all just luck.... if you are lucky you will find vr and hr a lot faster.... and if you are a looooooot lucky you will find them shiny :D

thats my opinion... there is noway to find an hr fast...its only your luck...

nananess

MrSinister said:

....apparently you don't know how an economy works .__.' ....pwo runs off a free market economy...this is were the buyer, not the seller dictate the price....so if something doesn't sell, you lower the price. thus it is a market of bids...if someone is willing to pay a lot for something...than it will be sold for a lot....if they're not...well it won't be sold for that much. also pokemon prices run at an exponential curve o.o.....as the stats increase, the price exponentially increases to the point where you might be paying tens of millions for 1 stat point. this is because stats equally run on an exponential curve o.o.....

as thus, it has a very good economy where the market decides on the price...on top of that...in real life there will be those with benefits and those without (tokens/no tokens --> large inheritance/rich parents and no inheritance/poor parents) o.o.....you can never hope to buy a jet ...why...because you won't ...unless you win the lottery which is a similar chance to catching some of the most expensive pokemon o.o

ps.~ something that has a 1/1000 chance sells for a few million...something that has a 1/2000000 chance (ms shiny chance * min hr chance) ..should sell for a lot more >.>' ...just saying....that would be like thinking some beat up old 1990's ford car should sell for around the same price as a Lamborghini.....are you kidding me >.<' that's just silly o.o.....end rant xD

G

sarks said:
well its all just luck.... if you are lucky you will find vr and hr a lot faster.... and if you are a looooooot lucky you will find them shiny :D

thats my opinion... there is noway to find an hr fast...its only your luck...

Correction, Not only luck,.. But Patience also...