How long does it take you to log in?

Professor.Oak

A bit of a random question but was just wondering how long or how many tries it takes everyone to log into the game? When I was starting out I could usually log in in about 1-2 tries, but these days it seems its taking me 5-6 tries just to log in, no matter if I'm in a location with many people or not. This is also the very same reason why I stopped playing for a while a couple months back because I would literary try 20-25 times to log in and I couldn't, however I was able to log in a while back and Naero told me he has a similar issue but to try and type the /ref command while logging in as -sometimes- you'll have a small window of opportunity to type it (like after when the loading bar is completely full) and that seems to be working for me for right now. I also noticed a couple other players having a bit of the same issue but it seems older accounts have a higher likelihood of not being able to log in then newer accounts, no idea why. So how many tries does it take you to log in? And how long have you been playing for? Just wondering.

Koriban

1 Try, else I have to ctrl Alt Delete close the PWO.exe and try once more.

Never had to try any more times than that.

Rizzee

I dunno I get that on my laptop. Sometimes I have to kill the pwo.exe process a few times before I can login and if I log out I have to the same. It always gets stuck on loading the map the game has loaded and logged in. However on my desktop I have none of these issues.

Nikola

Youngster
-Map rendering issue started to happen to me few months ago when they changed some routines in server code. I had around 1550Hrs of playtime after this started to happen. Prevented me to make any further progress on this account. I was about to give up after trying to login from 9am till 4pm around hundred or so fail attempts. Was banned once I got all of my stuffs moved on a new account named Kidman. I have almost 600 hours on a new account and I haven't noticed any issues though. I asked to be unbanned not while ago and I managed to login with no problems but issue started to happen again. Seems ban refreshed my account at some point. I noticed sometimes when It is raining in game that there might be a possibility to login but meh I can't login even while raining now. Now only once in a while. Interesting thing...It affects only one account while alts are working just fine. So this makes a dead end. Main issue is map rendering. I have no idea how it is affecting only one account though. In situation like those many theories can be developed in human mind. It doesn't matter from where you play or what OS you are using, it will be the same if issue is of this nature. I've changed several operating systems and I got back on WinServ R2 as it was in a first place. Not everyone is affected the same. For someone it takes few attempts while I need hundreds.
-Client code is not developed enough to communicate with server's one properly. Since server is "developing" while client isn't. It is just outdated and easy exploitable and not playable at some point.

psychosamm

Youngster
I usually only try once, otherwise i just end the process, try again, and it works.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
1-4. I spam click the moment the "welcome to PWO" screen shows up. Seems to be my lucky charm.

Account info- joined 2009. Thousand or so hours on the account.

Professor.Oak

Darcia said:
-Map rendering issue started to happen to me few months ago when they changed some routines in server code. I had around 1550Hrs of playtime after this started to happen. Prevented me to make any further progress on this account. I was about to give up after trying to login from 9am till 4pm around hundred or so fail attempts. Was banned once I got all of my stuffs moved on a new account named Kidman. I have almost 600 hours on a new account and I haven't noticed any issues though. I asked to be unbanned not while ago and I managed to login with no problems but issue started to happen again. Seems ban refreshed my account at some point. I noticed sometimes when It is raining in game that there might be a possibility to login but meh I can't login even while raining now. Now only once in a while. Interesting thing...It affects only one account while alts are working just fine. So this makes a dead end. Main issue is map rendering. I have no idea how it is affecting only one account though. In situation like those many theories can be developed in human mind. It doesn't matter from where you play or what OS you are using, it will be the same if issue is of this nature. I've changed several operating systems and I got back on WinServ R2 as it was in a first place. Not everyone is affected the same. For someone it takes few attempts while I need hundreds.
-Client code is not developed enough to communicate with server's one properly. Since server is "developing" while client isn't. It is just outdated and easy exploitable and not playable at some point.

I guess my case is most related to yours , all my alts also worked, it was just my Professor.Oak account that wouldn't budge. Strangely enough I also noticed the rain thing at times and thought maybe it would have to do something with weather effects but didn't have much luck. Perhaps if I could remember what I was doing before I had to log in so many times to try and better pin-point why it was happening it could be solved but I guess for now I'll have to stick with the /ref method. I was thinking it might of had to do with items in my account since I have so pretty old items and I had around 300 hyper potions as well so I tried using them all and seeing if it would change anything but nothing still. I do have a particular bug in the Celadon Raceway where one of the NPC's says ERROR: blah blah blah, but not sure if that has to do with anything. The last thing I noticed was that whenever I can log in, the Pokemon bar at the top never loads my Pokemon, I always have to get into a battle/enter a PC to make them appear. Either way I'll keep poking around and seeing if anything else might effect it.

Nikola

Youngster
Same with me. Are you able to see your Guild channel once logged in? Thugie said that /ref shouldn't have any effect though...But I keep spamming it :p
And yeah I noticed "slow" character data loading such as money, says "0" but after few seconds it shows proper value.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRI0kZSgMvw

Koriban

I'm wondering, because you are all such old members with many hours time, that that's the actual problem. If it's over 1000hours + gametime perhaps the client isn't correctly storing your information for whatever reason. Just a wild stab in the dark to be honest, it could be anything.

I get that bug 1 in 10 times of logging in Oak, where my Pokemon aren't there at the top.

G

It takes me infinite trys since i havent been able to play the game yet since my client is kinda broken to the point of no return

Professor.Oak

Darcia said:
Same with me. Are you able to see your Guild channel once logged in? Thugie said that /ref shouldn't have any effect though...But I keep spamming it :p
And yeah I noticed "slow" character data loading such as money, says "0" but after few seconds it shows proper value.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRI0kZSgMvw
Heh well the /ref works for me most the time. I don't have a Guild at the moment so no idea about the channel.

Koriban said:
I'm wondering, because you are all such old members with many hours time, that that's the actual problem. If it's over 1000hours + gametime perhaps the client isn't correctly storing your information for whatever reason. Just a wild stab in the dark to be honest, it could be anything.

I get that bug 1 in 10 times of logging in Oak, where my Pokemon aren't there at the top.
Meh I don't have 1000+ hours game time in the Oak account, I'm barely hitting the 500 hour mark. But yeah, it could honestly be anything.

Fionavara

I'm prolly one of the oldest players left and with most hours, I remmeber that problem logging in.
sometimes it took me 10 times or more but every since I got my laptop with better CPU and better modem connection I never have problems logging in anymore. I think it has something to do with your connection not syncronizing fast enough with the server and client. Sometimes spamming spacebar when it loads works, it did for me in the beginning. Nowdays I never have any problems logging in without doing anything. Maybe ones or twice after I restarted the computer I need to relogg, and then all I do is close the client and restart.

Nikola

Youngster
Fionavara said:
I'm prolly one of the oldest players left and with most hours, I remmeber that problem logging in.
sometimes it took me 10 times or more but every since I got my laptop with better CPU and better modem connection I never have problems logging in anymore. I think it has something to do with your connection not syncronizing fast enough with the server and client. Sometimes spamming spacebar when it loads works, it did for me in the beginning. Nowdays I never have any problems logging in without doing anything. Maybe ones or twice after I restarted the computer I need to relogg, and then all I do is close the client and restart.
I've tried from several PCs and such. I even bothered to install PWO on my main computer which is quite of a machine and problem remained the same. Doubt it has anything with network since I've tried to login from several other ISPs. If anything of those might be a cause then why it affects only one account while alts are running just fine. Even if I manage to login I am not able to see a Guild tab but I can speak in guild channel by doing /g message command which is kinda weird. After speaking about this issue with a developer, I realized that chances are very slim for a potential fix until current client is updated. I wish it can happen before by modifying some server routines..however...

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
Usually takes me like 2-3 tries. The first one always doesn't work but maybe its cuz the computer has just bee started.
Other tan that i works at once or takes two tries.
I got 1345 Hours of playtime atm. Joined 16 September 2011.
I have an older account with 67 housr of playtime and i think i joined in April 2011 from that =P

Garnet

About 1-3 attempts. I once think that it's probably my connection if the map won't load, but after I read all of your post above I think that isn't the only reason. Let's wait for the staff to read this.

OLockser

It's been 1 attempt for me, if it's the first attempt of the day. If a crash happens or whatever else, I usually have to try 3 or so times to get back in game.

Algiers

It is almost invariably two tries for me: one when the screen freezes in black and the second succeeds.

Professor.Oak

Small update on this, I've noticed its become relatively easier to log in this past few days/weeks, not sure if theres been some behind the scenes coding but I can defiantly log in easier now, Professor.Oak account is still a bit more of a hassle to log into but just a bit less, other accounts almost always on the first try.

Naero

My account was beset by this problem as well, and I've had more ease at logging in as of recently. I've noted this increased ease after Bluerise purged all duplicated items, so I assume this may have alleviated it; greatly reducing masses of data that needed to be loaded, which I suspect may have slowed down the server's fully established connection to our client, pausing us at the loading screen therebefore.

The exact, underlying cause of the problem still seems to be unknown, but the removal of duplicate items did seem to alleviate it to an extent.

zorlake1

It takes me about 2-3 tries to log in.. some times i get frozen on Loading Map.