How does Pokemon Spawning occur in PWO?

PokeViper

I was wondering what the system for spawn's is, in PWO.

Is it an RNG type system? Where everytime you encounter a poke, the system rolls a dice to check rarity, then a dice for the poke inside that rarity?

Is it a set system based on time? How long you've spent in that area?

I was hoping someone with some concrete knowledge would be willing to answer this question, maybe with some precise percentages?

I know that its meant to be random. Just know im a theory crafter from previous games and trying to see if the same principals apply here or if its different.

Merse

Youngster
Nobody knows for sure, but the common point of view is that every Pokemon has a preset chance to appear when you get an encounter and a diceroll decides which Pokemon will you meet. As far as we know the encounter chance is not influenced by anything, and for sure it is not influenced by where you are within the area or how much time you spent there.

For a bit more info, check this thread. It's not perfect, but gives some basic insight.

PokeViper

Thanks very much for your response, Merse! Greatly appreciate the link to that thread also. Although, that thread is just basically giving some random possibilities.

I was kind of hoping that a Dev or someone with concrete knowledge might be willing to respond to this to give us some more insight. I am in no way diminishing your response, Merse. Just wondering if we can get some more info is all.

Merse

Youngster
We already asked them a few times but they keep it as a secret, so it's up to us to discover the method.

PokeViper

Well that's a shame. Cause in order to properly theory craft that type of information, we would need a player base like WoW. Millions of players, in order to provide hundreds of thousands of data samples. With the overly inflated encounter chances for VR and HR's, it's nearly impossible to get that much information to get a good grasp of the REAL encounter chance. We don't have that kind of player base, or anywhere near it. And i highly doubt we ever will.

Here's another thought for you.

I wonder if specific patches of grass/cave flooring have a higher chance of producing a specific pool of pokemon. For instance, Grass Patch A has a higher chance of producing a VR than Grass Patch B.

There's just too many "Possible" variables to accurately pin point the right answer. Without some form of input from the actual developers behind the encounter system.

Am i wrong?

Merse

Youngster
Within the same map catch chance is the same everywhere.

Faabz.

Youngster
::) I think about this very often when i'm searching for Snorlax and dratini ::)

PokeViper

Yea, i've been trying to catch Hitmonlee and have been having no luck. Just wish i had some better idea of how it all worked. Not that it would change my chances, but would be nice to know.

Merse

Youngster
From what we know it seems to work like this:
0. Every map has a preset encounter chance for every Pokemon. These chances are categorized (common,r are, very rare, horribly rare), but even within the same category the real chance is different.
1. You encounter a Pokemon
2. 1st dice roll: The species of the Pokemon is decided, based on the map's preset values.
3. 2nd-9th dice roll: The Pokemon's IVs are decided (there must be some more dice rolls here as members have better chances to get a shiny, so maybe for every stat there are 4 rolls and if it's a shiny roll, it will be the Pokes IV)
4. 10th dice roll: The Pokemon's level is decided, the actual stats are calculated.
5. The wild Pokemon battle begins.