Horrible rare discussion.

mad30

Youngster
So, interesting idea popped into my head and wonder what other players think.

What pokemon is most worthly of being vr or lower/least worthy of being a Horrible rare that currently is a HR.

What pokemon is most worthy of being a HR that is a vr or lower.

What one UC would you like to be added as a HR that is not a 15 token uc?

Naero

What pokemon is most worthly of being vr or lower/least worthy of being a Horrible rare that currently is a HR.

I haven't put too much thought into assessing this, but I'd opine that Koffing can be of a lower rarity tier. I assume it will be as new areas are added in-game (such as the burning tower in Ecruteak City).

Porygon if I had to name any. Albeit, I can not think of any logical place for it to spawn in, other than perhaps a more custom area? However, I believe it would be popular hunting material if an evolution item could also be implemented into it, as players are more likely to stat-hunt one in-game, more so than gambling for one on the token store, depending on its rarity.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Pineco or koffing which has already been suggested- from HR to VR.

(I'd add my favourite well-overdue change pikachu to Rare instead of VR but that would be off-topic. ::) )

Rafayel

i would like aron and trapinch to be made catchable, but I guess that might come with hoen.

I think starmie would be deserving of hr status once TM's come, since it would have a pretty decent move set then.

undeserving hr's? houndour, koffing and skarmory are the ones I can think of at the top of my head...

darkshadow.

Id put Cubone , Mantine and Bellossom to VR cause they haven't any battle purposes neither deserve to be the most rarest pokemon in their area.

Like Naero said i would love to have porygon catchable as a HR and a possible iteam evolution
Also i would like Politoed since Slowpoke alternative evo was added ( Slowking), poliwhirl deserves one too.

Others are just Hoenn Pokes that i would loooovee to hunt , so no sugestions about them :p

king1234

Youngster
Chansey and prolly mr.mime should be a vr

Feebas would be nice a hr,

psychosamm

Youngster
mad30 said:
I definitely think Pineco's and Koffing's rarities need to be lowered.

I don't really think there's any pokemon that needs a rarity increase, if anything there's too many that are already HR :p

Trapinch! Or if that's too much maybe Shroomish? Hmm Or maybe Feebas... I dunno :p

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Would it not make more sense if people gave reasons why they think certain pokemon should be switched with rarity, not everying revolves around strength and battling. I do agree with people that koffing is a bad HR, it lacks basically any qualities people like in a pokemon, but iirc (and this goes back a long time so it could easily be wrong) it was HR because its main habitat wasn't ingame so the maps where it would fit it would still be a rare sight, like when it was in the Cerulean Cave map of past times.

Merse

Youngster
Koffing lives in big cities where the pollution is high. The Powerplant, and some regions around Saffron and Goldenrod city are ideal for spawning Koffings IMO.
Chansey, Cubone and Mr. Mime shouldn't become more common. Did anyone ever saw a Chansey outside of a Pokecenter? Or Cubone/Marowak used by any trainer except of a very few in either the games or in the anime? Same goes for Mr. Mime.

Pika should be HR because although it is high on demand, and their population is definitely higher than of any HR, (both would be a good argument for having it as VR), it is basically a timid and careful Pokemon which tries to avoid being seen by humans, while other Pokes like Bugs, Birds, Sandshrew etc. are not so much afraid of people. My two cents only.

I'd rather HRs be based off of ingame habitats and their eventual battle strength. Not how cool they are or how strong they are right now.

I mean, if they're going to put all the regions in eventually, then 95% of all pokemon are going to be ingame at some rarity. No matter how many people drool over trapinch and want to use it, it's just rare/VR in hoenn.

In fact, I find certain pokemon costing 15 tokens setting itself up for disappointment for this very reason.

Thor

I think one of the main issues concerning this is that many of the old spawns such as machop as horribly rare in some places are still around. Once they became common in one new area, I just feel they should be common/rare in all areas.

I dont think there are many cases where pokemon where this is not the case should have their raritys changed greatly. I'd say maybe carvanha should be downgraded from VR maybe considering it is common as hell in the real games although then again dragons den isnt somewhere where it would be in real games. Similarly I see dunsparce serving no purpose as a very rare and could maybe be put as rare but in the games again, it needs to be swarming so it basically goes from HR to common there.

Bad-News-dodo

-I think sneasel should be a VR poke because , well... it is almost with no purpose in anything in pwo , i dont see people using it , lvling it , hunting it , like it doesnt exist so there is no use for it

-And i agree 100% with making feebas a HR pokemon , it will be useful , players will be excited hunting it , and its a good battler as well and it will bring challange

-now , to the poke who doesnt deserve to be VR and needs to be a HR is staryu , honestly i couldnt find any pokemon better than it , it deserves to be HR as its just a GREAT pokemon

Iuri

Hello:

mad30 said:

For me this must be the Koffing

mad30 said:
Undoubtedly the Voltrob, too good to be a common

mad30 said:
For me it will be Torchic

Merse

Youngster
It seems that people start to lose perspective of rarity. Rarity has nothing to do with the battle skills of a Pokemon. It's a very bad argument for Feebas, Staryu, Machop or any other Pokemon! Rarity means one thing: How many of the same species lives in the area.
It's like you go out to the woods. You will find many crickets, small birds, mosquito, less hares and squirrels, a few deers and boars if you're lucky, and with some awesome luck, a bear. But just because a Bear is awesome and it worth more than a sparrow and it could mangle you apart in seconds, it would be stupid to expect that they will be crowded in the woods...
And just because bears are more common in Siberia and Canada, yo shouldn't force them to be just as common in the Rocky Mountains or in the Carpathians. This is just not how things work! You will find less bears in the US and in Europe than in Canada or Russia, that's the way of life. Just like that, you will find less Machops on Mt. Moon than in the Spitting River Reserve. Period.

Thor

Yes but you find lots of machops in rock tunnel.....machop was always a very common pokemon there....and splitting river reserve is a made up place and so should not figure in your example. Machop shouldnt exist at all in mount moon.

But in the reverse, BoboTheClown, Machop was common in a lategame training area and highly rare in early areas. This made Machop retain some value (when the mart was up, 10k per machop) due to their level and the fact that early players couldn't reach them.

I feel that what you say is only applicable to "rare lategame, common earlier" situations and not the reverse.

But on that note, I agree with the "late rare early common" situation being a pain (There shouldn't be an abundance of common/rare HRs in lategame areas) and suggest staff completely revamp Cerulean Cave's spawns.
HR gyarados
HR Makuhita
Harder to get into for less reward than Mt. Silver, which you can open at the same time.

Wasn't CC supposed to be redone like DD a while ago, anyway? All you'd have to do is make the player fish up a stolen magikarp hat (yay reused items) instead of a dragon scale, make the badge requirement 8, move him from Mt. Silver, and make the fee less. Boom, done.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
machop is now rare in splitting river I believe- easy to find at any rate and that's the perfect place for it I think.

The argument that sneasel/carvanha are common in the handhelds is irrelevant here. They are common in Hoenn and I don't think they should be anything other than HR in kanto/johto.

Reapernox

Sad to say folks but I gotta say cubone, it was a fun hunting project in 2011, but it completely sucks in battles, not just pvp. it has virtually no use except for its rarity. I would like to see something involved with it, maybe a new quest, I dont know.

This is a bit biased but, Id like to see abra go too HR, its extremely powerful if found shiny or with uber stats, it has a good moveset, and it has argueably the highest speed for a psychic type.

Again. Gotta say this is biased, but I would like too see /two/ pokemon, while this doesnt relate to the question, these two pokemon are extreme rivals, and are famed for it. Zangoose and Seviper. good collection pokemon, and decent battlers for pre-gym completionist trainers.

Valmagier

HitmonFonty said:
machop is now rare in splitting river I believe- easy to find at any rate and that's the perfect place for it I think.
No, it is common in Splitting River Reverse.