Hoen region

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I don't believe we should totally alter a region's layout just to serve the game better when there's no reason for it NOT to be there; in my view maps should only be altered if it suits the story or it would be absolutely impossible at this time to accomplish the main goal.

There is one further issue with including Hoenn in the game - unlike Kanto and Johto, which are connected regions, Hoenn is a totally disparate part of the Pokémon World. How do we handle travel between all three regions and what should the rules be for Trainers crossing the border? This is actually a point of major discussion between Staff regarding future expansion plans as a whole.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Jinji said:
I don't believe we should totally alter a region's layout just to serve the game better when there's no reason for it NOT to be there; in my view maps should only be altered if it suits the story or it would be absolutely impossible at this time to accomplish the main goal.

There is one further issue with including Hoenn in the game - unlike Kanto and Johto, which are connected regions, Hoenn is a totally disparate part of the Pokémon World. How do we handle travel between all three regions and what should the rules be for Trainers crossing the border? This is actually a point of major discussion between Staff regarding future expansion plans as a whole.
Yeah I know, but remade couple maps is only solution for PWO system to get other regions.
For traveling will be best to add in every starting city laboratory teleporting NPCs. Kanto and Johto teleporters requires both regions last badges (etc: Kanto teleporter will require Earth Badge and Rising Badge) and Hoenn teleporter require last Hoenn badge and will give option for choose next region. These NPCs will be pilots.

mad30

Youngster
Theres still a lot of johto/kanto that can be improved upon or added I think it would be a bad idea to add hoenn even if it was possible.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
mad30 said:
Theres still a lot of johto/kanto that can be improved upon or added I think it would be a bad idea to add hoenn even if it was possible.
That cost as 600k+ players, if we only lazily improve Kanto and Johto, we lose more thousands of players. Best think will be continue lazily improve of first two regions and lazily add more and more useful Hoenn maps for players. More and more people can see that, so consider what people saying. Good luck for everyone in game :)

mad30

Youngster
narutofoxLT said:
mad30 said:
That cost as 600k+ players, if we only lazily improve Kanto and Johto, we lose more thousands of players. Best think will be continue lazily improve of first two regions and lazily add more and more useful Hoenn maps for players. More and more people can see that, so consider what people saying. Good luck for everyone in game :)
Hahaha

News for you, several reasons pwo isn't being improved faster
1) creating events such as Halloween, Christmas and other crap that removes focus from other areas. With only a few ppl active that can work on these events 100% of the effort is devoted to them. From August-January the attention was focused on these events.
2) lack of staff to multi-task. There was only 2 scripters, me and mantis, as the most knowledgable person between the two of us I tried to tackle most of the heavy lifting while mantis learned. Now there is only him. Likewise activity with the mappers is constantly changing as well.
3) managing time. A lot of us have things going on outside of pwo and it is actually easier for us to tackle small tasks because it's easier to pickup and leave in the middle of things.

Have you thought about how much work would go into adding a new region? Have you even stopped to consider the staff and what it means for them to add it. Do you honestly think anyone would be contempt with just adding Hoenn? In the end it will be like giving you a piece of chocolate for dinner. May please you, by wont fill your appetite.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I think the suggestions here are to make Hoenn less like Hoenn so it can be added sooner. So add Hoenn like Johto was added years ago with nothing, not even gyms open? That's what it would come down to pretty much. A bare bones Hoenn with just a few more maps to grind on, as has already been said. That's not the Hoenn I want to play in. I want to travel through it raising my new Hoenn starter and pokemon I catch there from scratch battling the gyms when I am ready for them. That's what the game is all about, no? That will take time, not just adding port points for the maps. It's worth doing properly and waiting for it.

And before staff bend all their efforts towards Hoenn there is plenty more for them to do in these first two regions. Things that once done in Kanto and Johto will also benefit the project in Hoenn, making sure it is the very best it can be when it is finally released.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
mad30, now I talking and for couple players and I don't want rush.
1. We can trade Events for Hoenn, if staff is lazy to try make useful Hoenn lazily.
2. Everyone know that, but still.
3. Its about time to find some active staff.

HitmonFonty, yeah maybe couple maps no more look like as original ones, but it still be same maps without some constructions and that only option to save some players. We can release pre-alpha version of Hoenn with first 5-10 maps (Littleroot Town, Route 101, Oldale Town, Route 103, Route 102), little later release new mini client version with: Hoenn badges, Trainer card with Hoenn badges, Hoenn map and etc, them release little by little more and more Hoenn maps.

Please consider this time and think about players who lose them accounts, because they are bored, but still love this game.

akumadestroier21

In 4 or 5 years that the PWO exist, since it should at least be in the Sinnoh constructions of maps. I know it is not an easy job, but with a little more commitment to the Staff, believe that the process of conclusion of the majority of the routes were already in a process far more advanced! Maybe it's time to put ideas into action, not only in projects!

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
akumadestroier21 said:
In 4 or 5 years that the PWO exist, since it should at least be in the Sinnoh constructions of maps. I know it is not an easy job, but with a little more commitment to the Staff, believe that the process of conclusion of the majority of the routes were already in a process far more advanced! Maybe it's time to put ideas into action, not only in projects!
No need rush with Sinnoh, so only we need little fight for Hoenn

i want quality over quantity. idk about u, but wouldnt they have to completely redo heonn later if thy half arsed it the first time? i remember old johto. nobody used it becuase it was boring. then they had to redo almost everything. and closed it for weeks.

think of the future of the game instead of what would be cool asap i want to see a balanced regions more than i want to see half broken ones.

EDIT-
why is ar$e censored

akumadestroier21

I know, I just quoted for the future. But I believe that if the Staff wanted, PWO already have many more regions!..... And all us wanna quality!!!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

There is no point fighting for it. I don't think you're listening to be honest. Unless we just add the bare bones- the maps and spawns in each area and nothing else- this is a major project. Far bigger than any Event PWO has had. Too much has to be completed and added to Kanto and Johto to think about leaving it now to create Hoenn. And adding just the maps and Hoenn spawns would go against what PWO has been working towards most recently. Which is a complete experience for each region, not a big jigsaw with the outside frame and much of the inside left unfinished.

CoolKnightST

All current map issus of hoenn can be solved. The only question I wonder is if it's not beter to redo the map system. I looked over IV generation and the complex of the map wouldn't become beter. Noted that ones you go to V and yeah maybe over about 10 years VI all maps have to be designed from zero. 3D support would probaly be to hard and to complex but an full 2D multi player support might do the trick. When you check the exisiting rom editor you see that the tiles are in fact an sort of templates with information that you even can even do modifications on it. Maybe that's an beter direction how map design should go to. Manualy modification should still be accesable. But basic template tiles could speed-up small modification or even add an cave blindly without any trouble. It's in fact similar with the currently scripting for NPC's. Direction bugs popup so frequently that is just strange there isn't an shortcut for this. I just have an feeling the game doesn't have an good working pannel to work on.

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
HitmonFonty said:

There is no point fighting for it. I don't think you're listening to be honest. Unless we just add the bare bones- the maps and spawns in each area and nothing else- this is a major project. Far bigger than any Event PWO has had. Too much has to be completed and added to Kanto and Johto to think about leaving it now to create Hoenn. And adding just the maps and Hoenn spawns would go against what PWO has been working towards most recently. Which is a complete experience for each region, not a big jigsaw with the outside frame and much of the inside left unfinished.
I listen more if year, but you still lose players. Etc some Lithuania players it say to me they back to game after Hoenn release. But I think they lose accounts how other 600k+ players, because you don't give any you don't give any little Hoenn. So give something to captivate people and couple primary first Hoenn maps about 5 (Littleroot Town, Route 101, Oldale Town, Route 103, Route 102) or 10 (Littleroot Town, Route 101, Oldale Town, Route 103, Route 102, Petalburg City, Route 104, Petalburg Woods, Rustboro City, Route 116) for only weekends be good idea. Who like my idea 5-10 Hoenn maps for weekends post "I like and I want". By that way that post was for other player post.

CoolKnightST

I don't think they should even attempt to release hoenn before they add the abilities. I tryed to play ruby today and I nowtest an fell things to hoenn:
  • Abilities, Genre and Nature will have an lot effect on the pokémon. This will force players to buy 4 or more of thesame pokémon in orde to find an usefull one for combat.
  • Almost all starter types come back before the first gym with the exeption of the fire ofcourse: Water (Wingull, Surskit) , Ground (Ninjask), Grass (Seedot, Shroomish). Fire, Fighting (trade: Makuhita; evolves: "Shroomish").
  • When training in this area some abilities like Shield Dust stimulates training wurmples in the bug area.
  • Pokémon levels are relative higher. You can have acces to pokémon up to level 6-9 when in other regions this level is arround the level 2-7.
  • Like said Slakoth with no Truant in an area like that would give an massive problem. It can temp be fixed by add him in the extra area that requires cut and add an quest to it to acces.
The highly differents between this region and the others that levels before the 1st gym are way higher with an result of an default exp of +65 (minimal 38) and max -80.

archman06

i try to help make hoenn tell me wat route city/town and probelm do i have to do and one thing where do i download the map editor :)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
archman06 said:
i try to help make hoenn tell me wat route city/town and probelm do i have to do and one thing where do i download the map editor :)

The map editor is here, and you are welcome to give Hoenn maps a try. But as has been said previously there is a lot more to do before Hoenn becomes a reality.

http://www.pokemonworldonline.net/download.php

There may also be previous attempts by players posted on the Mapping forum, so it's worth checking that out too.