• What area?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xDaSnowman

I feel like the area is extremely outdated

i mean all the pokes there except for lee/chan are common elsewhere
and they are bad commons too. Along with that the area is not exactly a good training ground for low levels considering u dont have access to it till after you beat koga iirc
sso u prob would be better off in seafoam islands or somewhwere similar.
it makes it hard to want to hunt there even though hitmonlee is one of my favorite pokes
considering most places with good hrs have other decent or good pokes around them it makes it really hard to hunt there
i feel like the area is not being used to its potiential

im not complaining or anything i was mainly wanting some other opinions on the area maybe someone has different ideas about it?

root

Might as well point out Sandshrew Cavern
HR is Onix.

Can we get another pokemon seeing how Onix is R in Mt. Silver Cave

Code:
http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.php?title=Sandshrew_Cavern

Merse

Youngster
Exactly. Areas are not designed to be your personal farmlands, these ar natural areas where certain Pokemon types live, and certain don't. It's liek you would want to settle polar bears, lions, elephants, penguins and tarantulas into an European forest, because you want to hunt there. But they are not native there, they can't live there, so you have to be satisfied with deers, boars and wolves. If you want polar bears, go to Greenland. If you want Lions, go to Africa.
It's the same when people were complaining why isn't Trapinch catchable in the Dragons Den. Because it is a desert Pokemon and it doesn't live in caves with full of water!!!

psychosamm

Youngster
To be fair Hitmonlee/chan's habitat is a made up place, it's not like there are specific pokemon that are supposed to live there. Obviously he's not saying to throw in an onix and a Jynx, but perhaps change mankey to an actual rare, like Grow, Vulpix, or Ponyta, something that WOULD fit into the habitat that would make it a more pleasant place to hunt. I agree that an update to some of the pokemon there would be beneficial to the game. I've been there before and there's always no one else, or maybe one other person there, and that seems like an awful waste.

Algiers

psychosamm said:
To be fair Hitmonlee/chan's habitat is a made up place, it's not like there are specific pokemon that are supposed to live there. Obviously he's not saying to throw in an onix and a Jynx, but perhaps change mankey to an actual rare, like Grow, Vulpix, or Ponyta, something that WOULD fit into the habitat that would make it a more pleasant place to hunt. I agree that an update to some of the pokemon there would be beneficial to the game. I've been there before and there's always no one else, or maybe one other person there, and that seems like an awful waste.

I've been hunting there for the past week and there are usually 3-6 people there in the Chan half alone. Apparently people want those Hitmons enough that they forsake the possibility of getting anything else (except for maybe a few shiny commons) that's worth something.

Let's see what lives there though - Rattatas, Doduos, Geodudes, Gravelers, Mankeys, Machops and Hitmonchans. Looks to me like a secret mountain retreat hidden behind a rarely travelled cave, conveniently also located next to a river, where Fighting pokes who only wish to be left alone withdraw and meditate along with the natural inhabitants of the mountains, while common Rattatas and Doduos forage peacefully in the highland meadows. I think it makes enough sense as an area for Pokes to live in. It does not need any fire creatures, who would merely burn up everything until the Gravelers got tired and kicked them out. My earlier point stands - if you want a ***-efficient area to hunt in, visit the Safari, a human-made reserve artificially constructed just to accomodate hunters. Ain't that your thing?

xDaSnowman

Algiers said:
Not every area is meant to be a powergaming heaven.
your right but they also should not feel worthless as it is pretty much only good for hunting 1 poke other than that is not ideal for anything, and as a route u must work to access (albeit not very hard to do) it should at very least be somewhat appealing to either train or hunt at

Merse said:
Exactly. Areas are not designed to be your personal farmlands, these ar natural areas where certain Pokemon types live, and certain don't. It's liek you would want to settle polar bears, lions, elephants, penguins and tarantulas into an European forest, because you want to hunt there. But they are not native there, they can't live there, so you have to be satisfied with deers, boars and wolves. If you want polar bears, go to Greenland. If you want Lions, go to Africa.
It's the same when people were complaining why isn't Trapinch catchable in the Dragons Den. Because it is a desert Pokemon and it doesn't live in caves with full of water!!!

Doduo live in wide open plains, grasslands, and savannahs
Rattata naturally live in plains and savannas
those are habitats listed on bulbapedia

I consider that a mountain area i may be wrong but that is beside the point. i never once said that you should go out and add a random poke that wouldn't fit the scheme of the area all i pointed out was that the area is overall very sub-par in my opinion
psychosamm said:

Thanks for understanding what i was saying, i wasnt saying hey lets throw a bunch of rare and random pokes here that'd be cool :))

Algiers said:
I've been hunting there for the past week and there are usually 3-6 people there in the Chan half alone. Apparently people want those Hitmons enough that they forsake the possibility of getting anything else (except for maybe a few shiny commons) that's worth something.

Let's see what lives there though - Rattatas, Doduos, Geodudes, Gravelers, Mankeys, Machops and Hitmonchans. Looks to me like a secret mountain retreat hidden behind a rarely travelled cave, conveniently also located next to a river, where Fighting pokes who only wish to be left alone withdraw and meditate along with the natural inhabitants of the mountains, while common Rattatas and Doduos forage peacefully in the highland meadows. I think it makes enough sense as an area for Pokes to live in. It does not need any fire creatures, who would merely burn up everything until the Gravelers got tired and kicked them out. My earlier point stands - if you want a area to hunt in, visit the Safari, a human-made reserve artificially constructed just to accomodate hunters. Ain't that your thing?

I have only ever hunted on the lee side and have never once seen more than 1 person besides myself there.
regardless i was just voicing my opinion on the fact that it stands out in no area its not a good hunting ground nor training ground and is just simply boring

i do appreciate your opinions whether i agree or not

Boora

Youngster
Lets be frank here, You DO not do the Cerulean cave quest to hunt a makuhita or battle a mewtwo , you do it to hunt (S)licki (S)rhydon
that example is what i believe he's trying to say , another Rare or two that are actually rare's so it wont be boring as hell to hunt there and there will be more to look forward too.

Algiers

Boora said:
Lets be frank here, You DO not do the Cerulean cave quest to hunt a makuhita or battle a mewtwo , you do it to hunt (S)licki (S)rhydon

Um, no I don't. Don't make blanket assumptions about people, in general or specifically.

psychosamm

Youngster
That's what most people DO go there to do, either that or train, but Mt.Silver is now the best place to train. Considering Lee/Chan's location is one that requires a small quest, it's contents should be a bit more hunter friendly i believe. And the rares there don't even have to be the ones i suggested, as long as there are actual rares there, like maybe Teddiursa might be a better fit to the environment. Adding an actual rare there to make hunting worthwhile wouldn't hurt anything. I don't see why this is such an unpopular idea. Here's what i would put there:
Machop-C
Spearow-C
Rattata-C
Geodude-C
Phanpy-R
Teddiursa-R
Machoke-VR
Hitmonlee/Chan-HR

But that's just like, my opinion maaan.

Boora

Youngster
Algiers said:
Boora said:

Um, no I don't. Don't make blanket assumptions about people, in general or specifically.
That's Bs and you know it, you can use the 400k it costs to buy a makuhita , and besides like sam said mt.silver is much better traning place
so why are you go there ? to see the "pretty mewtwo ? "
i mean seriously, i do get your point some maps shouldn't be touched, but this specific map was made up as it is,
so why not improve ti if possible, no one suggested s eggs s pony s rhy in one place
just something new and different to make the place more appealing.

Professor.Oak

Pretty interesting post,
right off the bat what came to mind was that the Snorlax location also holds crappy Pokemon yet people hunt there by the dozens.
Considering how easy it is to get inside as opposed to other locations that hold a better variety of Pokemon, I think its fine as is.
As stated before, having 1-2 locations that aren't incredibly amazing in Pokemon yield is only logical in nature.
Just as a side note though, what Pokemon do you guys think would fit best there as a rare or VR? or prehaps another HR for that matter?
Personally I think Tyrogue since its also a fighting type and could be available in both sections. Not sure on the rarity, I guess HR to not kill its value.

Boora

Youngster
you can't compare Snorlax with hitmonlee/chan its a battler and expensive one at that.
and i dont understand your logic to be honest, its the other way around, i can count on 10 fingers the places people actually go to hunt
and the rest of the game is almost empty, yeah lee/chan are nice, but not nice enough to be in a place with nothing else
look at silver, phanpy/pony,hera, teddi,misd,onix,larvi etc and i can keep on going.
in my opinion places with only Hrs should be for the special one's only, dratini (even tho carvanha is there) bagon,lax etc.
not for chan/lee, i mean come on, even when u go to hunt omanyte u can find jynx,shellder

Professor.Oak

Well I believe the discussion is over since the spawns in the Reserve have been changed. ^-^
7FZLscU.png

psychosamm

Youngster
Wow! Makuhita is rare, and Tyrouge is VR? Nice! Scyther is a nice addition too. Thanks staff!

Tecknician

This idea was actually brought up by a member approx a week before this topic was made.

Also, for anyone who thinks they can request outdated spawns to be change and expect it to be done, that's not necessarily the case. This was simply done because it was in line with some revamps we are wanting to do.

xDaSnowman

Well I love the new spawns it always nice to see things change and as this topic is now outdated. Feel free to lock it

Good job and thanks for all your responses :)

Algiers

Boora said:
That's Bs and you know it, you can use the 400k it costs to buy a makuhita , and besides like sam said mt.silver is much better traning place

No, you insufferable dolt, I no longer visit Cerulean Cave ever since Mt. Silver has become the better training place. Before CC was made worse, though, I went there specifically to level. I did want to catch a Makuhita as well, but not being a member, I don't specifically hunt for shinies.

Professor.Oak said:
Well I believe the discussion is over since the spawns in the Reserve have been changed. ^-^
7FZLscU.png

Well, that's... interesting. I'm not really saddened by the addition of worthwhile Rs and VRs, it's not a bad thing in itself, but was there any need to suddenly relegate one of the rarer HRs to R? I don't like it when that stuff happens, I really don't. At least I hadn't gotten any Makuhitas before.

G

Seems perfect place to hunt. I really like the area now tho. I was newer passionate hunter but this will be my new location for now. Thanks again. :)

Boora

Youngster
Algiers said:
Boora said:
No, you insufferable dolt, I no longer visit Cerulean Cave ever since Mt. Silver has become the better training place. Before CC was made worse, though, I went there specifically to level. I did want to catch a Makuhita as well, but not being a member, I don't specifically hunt for shinies.

if you dont go to CC caves anymore, this example wasn't valid for you, i wasn't talking about the past where you could train there,
i was talking about the present, but you obviously dont get it, do you.
i'l suggest debating club for you, you seem to like it, even tho its pointless.
and on top of everything else, makuhita is suppose to be Common in hoen, so why not soften the blow now instead of going hr-common
and one more thing, why do you hate change so much, ever since i came back there was only one event and now this,
and it looks too me like there's a place for more, much more revamps/events keeping the game alive.
who's the insufferable dolt now.

Status
Not open for further replies.