History of PWO...Guilds!

Puar

Youngster
Hello pokemaniacs!

While browsing the wiki earlier today, I came across the PWO history thread. I had seen it before but I re-read it out of interest anyways. I thought about my time with PWO up to this point and wished that there was more for me to read. I started thinking about the guild I joined, then I started thinking about how other players in that guild had been in even older guilds, and how interesting it would be to have a page where the history of PWO’s guilds was documented

Does that sound like something you would be interested in seeing?

I cannot complete a detailed history of PWO’s guilds on my own. I need help from you the players to help me make this project something that everyone can enjoy.

I want to have a list guilds, when you click a guilds name it leads to another page dedicated specifically for that guild.

Founders
Motto
Mission/Goals
Notable guild events or achievements
Members(current or previous)
*Drama from within the guild*

*This drama is going to be the most interesting part each guilds page. For example if there is an argument which causes a well respected member to quit, I wanna add it. If the guild leader leaves the guild to join another guild, I want to know how the rest of the guild coped

So just send me whatever you can about your guild and I will organize it and add it to the wiki =]

Edit: Additional Suggestion by Jinji:
Jinji said:
In order to expand on the back story of Guilds, the Founder(s) can optionally add a section stating their thoughts on the creation of the guild - like what led them to make it, etc. I would say this section should be placed early in the article - ideally, a historical article would want the older details first, getting closer to modern day as you go down.

Naero

I'd like to supply you with gateway links to archived versions of the guild threads, which often summarize much of the more objective information you have mentioned in the criteria. These will be archived versions of the guild section, using interlinked cached versions of the the forums from the old forums databases; and if a cached version of the guild thread is available, you will be able to view that thread as well, but not all of the older guild threads will be successfully salvaged.

A couple of the older domains:
http://web.archive.org/web/201007071700 ... 24-guilds/
http://web.archive.org/web/201106280929 ... 24-guilds/

Also, you can browse between different dates/versions of the guild thread, which is stitched to the closest date that was cached before/after it.

Due to scanty amount of pages on the guild threads that were archived, you may still need to ask for testimonies of past members of those guilds, if all of the drama was not publicly viewable. :p

Puar

Youngster
That is what I was hoping for actually. I want players to PM me whatever content they can come up with. Ill start there but i really want to get people involved in this.

Thanks for the links though!

Fionavara

Hahaha geez Naero, those links sure brings back a few memories, not to mention the players that started them.
AW puar you're to sentimenatl, it's a fun idea but I doubt people that hasn't been involved in the glorious days of ledgendary guilds are much intrested in them. We have problems involving members in the guilds as it is, with nothing special added to belonging to one.
But good luck with your project I'm sure some people will want to be remebered.

Professor.Oak

As long as the guild pages are all historical or all talk about factual information about the guild I'm all for it, something I'd dislike is for these pages to become a form a advertisement for guilds.

Puar

Youngster
I appreciate your concern Oak. I will be the only one putting the history together using submissions made by players.
Fiona I am interested in the guilds that came before I was active in guilds why wouldnt other people be?

Anyways I havnt gotten any submissions yet so this is what I'm going to do.
I'm going to use those links provided by Naero as well as the forums to start documenting things myself.

If you want your old guilds history included PM me
If I got something wrong about your guild PM me
If you want to add some extra background information that I didn't find PM me

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Puar said:
I appreciate your concern Oak. I will be the only one putting the history together using submissions made by players.
Fiona I am interested in the guilds that came before I was active in guilds why wouldnt other people be?

Anyways I havnt gotten any submissions yet so this is what I'm going to do.
I'm going to use those links provided by Naero as well as the forums to start documenting things myself.

If you want your old guilds history included PM me
If I got something wrong about your guild PM me
If you want to add some extra background information that I didn't find PM me

I'll pm you later, Doors Of Perception has a cool history and was the 1st in many aspects. Good idea !

Puar

Youngster
matileo19 said:
I'll pm you later, Doors Of Perception has a cool history and was the 1st in many aspects. Good idea !
I love it, thank you for participating!
I really want to get ALOT of feedback on this, and entries. If enough players participate I think we'll end up with something really special.

Red-dash360

wow i wish dark_elites is still here it would be great :D
really miss all the member :'(

Puar

Youngster
Dash, this list will include old guilds as well as new

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
Naero said:
I'd like to supply you with gateway links to archived versions of the guild threads, which often summarize much of the more objective information you have mentioned in the criteria. These will be archived versions of the guild section, using interlinked cached versions of the the forums from the old forums databases; and if a cached version of the guild thread is available, you will be able to view that thread as well, but not all of the older guild threads will be successfully salvaged.

Also, you can browse between different dates/versions of the guild thread, which is stitched to the closest date that was cached before/after it.

Due to scanty amount of pages on the guild threads that were archived, you may still need to ask for testimonies of past members of those guilds, if all of the drama was not publicly viewable. :p
damn they dont have any of my 3-4 created guilds available :/ The Mexican Border Patrol, DeathWish (contrary to popular belief, the name was my idea, wejust gave TT leader), SheSaidSheWasLvl18, and AutoBans GM's In Disguise :(

king1234

Youngster
Bis_Eastwood said:
Naero said:

damn they dont have any of my 3-4 created guilds available :/ The Mexican Border Patrol, DeathWish (contrary to popular belief, the name was my idea, wejust gave TT leader), SheSaidSheWasLvl18, and AutoBans GM's In Disguise :(

Only the popular ones live on, like apple juice!!!!

Puar

Youngster
Bis_Eastwood said:
Then why dont you compile a list on your own and send it to me! ive been working on documenting guilds (slowly) I have 3 so far but am also running into issues with pages not being available

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Haw. Well I could tell you a little bit about the original DG, but considering it was 3 years ago my memory is a bit vague and I only remember a few key points. However, I wouldn't be willing to put names into any sort of drama, nor much drama at all, as it could encourage a bit too much negativity.

mad30

Youngster
CheckeredZebra said:
Haw. Well I could tell you a little bit about the original DG, but considering it was 3 years ago my memory is a bit vague and I only remember a few key points.
Like how it was the guild that was the end of the competitive guilds era and valued quantity over quallity when it came to guild members?

Puar

Youngster
Here is an example

Hot Fuzz
Founder: Truth021
Coleader: SamiJo

Members: Kylejones, Lundy, Billerson, MrBaciBoy, Majickz, Popukeage, Kristyl, 5hinta, rui54, oceans4win, jesse2k10, tommytucker92, garretjosia14, mickyy, RollerBlower, ChiefofFuzz, ShadowAsh006, Hinode, Volkswagen, MrsFuzz

Mascots: Magmortar;Electivire

Achievements: Pwo’s undisputed “Fuzziest” Guild

Mission/Goals

We do not have any specific goals. We do, however, want to become a guild that will have (and develop) respectful trainers that will further progress the world of PWO. This means if you have a history of scamming, trolling, hacking, or any other illegal activity, we do not want you in this guild :p . The Fuzz are here to take down the bad of PWO.This does not mean we are looking for mini-mods! Just generally nice people who like to play the game the right way. That's not asking much is it? ;)

Drama~

I want to document every guild in a similar fashion but also have a few other things.
Mainly a more in-depth drama section, as well as whatever art I can find. I feel like a guilds art goes a long way to explain a guilds philosophy and the way that they desire to be perceived

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
mad30 said:
CheckeredZebra said:
Haw. Well I could tell you a little bit about the original DG, but considering it was 3 years ago my memory is a bit vague and I only remember a few key points.
Like how it was the guild that was the end of the competitive guilds era and valued quantity over quallity when it came to guild members?

Oh hush.
Or that it was the guild to encourage acceptance among peers (before it got too spammy) and made the community aware of an entirely new casual player niche. The glass is half full, sir!

mad30

Youngster
CheckeredZebra said:
mad30 said:
CheckeredZebra said:

Oh hush.
Or that it was the guild to encourage acceptance among peers (before it got too spammy) and made the community aware of an entirely new casual player niche. The glass is half full, sir!
half full? sounds like 2 empty glasses to me. its like having no strike outs in little league base ball (not tee-ball)

this game still lacks that same competitiveness between guilds from back in the day

Stank

Youngster
ok so Puar asked me to post this here to try to get people to try to post more histories

Saiyans.png

The history of SSJ/creation of Cryptic Complexity
The Super Saiyans were created in November of 2009 When the Super Saiyan Squad of the Damaged Goods Guild, broke off from the main guild, when SargeLS (leader of DG) and GokuLS had a falling out. Eventually Goku quit and left the guild to PunasaurusRex, ThugCup, and Whitedove(Dovee).
I joind the Super Saiyans around shortly after I started Playing PWO (around January of 2010), after I had met and Befriended Puna, and Worked as a day care provider for him in exchange for my first few good high level Pokemon. Once I had gotten my first full team of level 100s, I join the main guild, which I had already met, and became pretty close with most of the members. The Guild was One of the most active guilds during its run. Many would say the SSJ were one of the strongest guilds in all of PWO. Many of PWO's best battlers, and many current/former staff members came from the Super Saiyans such as Dovee, Puar, Myself, PhantomsCV, HOF69, JD, Mantis and AdamWest (last 2 were closer to the end of SSJ's run)

I don't remember all the details surrounding it, but near the death of the Super Saiyans guild, the guild HotFuzz merged with Super Saiyans to create the Super Saiyans Golden Great Apes Squad. There were MAYBE like 3-4 active members of the HotFuzz guild that stayed over as SSJ which included the former Staff member SammiJo who was first an Editor, then an artist.

Later on down the line, Puna was banned for buying Pokemon for real money, and Thug had quit playing. This left the guild to Dovee and Myself to try to run. We decided that the guild had become a shell of its former self, and there was no keeping it together.This was around the time Zidonuke (former DEV) killed the game and it was down for a long period of time.

During this down time Dovee, Kururugi, and Myself decided in secret to create a new guild, Cryptic Complexity. We kept the guild secret from even our closest friends, until we had made it perfect. Each of the 3 of us were in charge of a squad focusing on different aspects of PWO Dovee was in charge of the Stealth Squad, which focused mainly on battling. I led the Hero Squad which focused mainly on hunting/collecting, and Kururugi led the Disco Inferno Squad which was an all around squad. We then also brought mantis in to lead the N00b Squad which was where all new members would start out in the guild until they passed the probationary period. We then brought most of the members of SSJ that were still active in to the guild as our first initial members (most of these members still account for a large portion of our active members). Shortly after the game came back we opened the guild to the public. After the guild was opened we scrapped the ideas of the squads, and opted for a secondary guild for the probies instead of a Probie quad. After Dovee and I were promoted from Guide (CG) to GE and GM Dovee and I had to Quit Cryptic Complexity, due to rule that GE/GM/ADM/DEV's couldn't Be in guilds, so we gave ownership to HOF69 (with JD and Puar as Co leaders, then later Gifford in Puar's place). The rest is history so to speak.