Hi! Pokemon World Online!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi my PWO name is CouragePower! and i'm new to the PWO forums and the game, it self! if you could tell me some tips on PWO then that will be awesome! and i have been reading about a lot of topics and i mostly see like "signature" , "skin" and "Guild" and stuff could you also tell me a bit more on how those works?thanks! :)

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Greetings Courage, it's a pleasure to welcome you to Pokémon World Online. I'll answer your questions one by one.

Most forums on the internet allow each member to set a signature, which is a short message placed at the bottom of each of your posts to sign them off, like you would sign a letter. Here on the PWO Forums, you can set your own signature by going to User Control Panel > Profile > Edit Signature (quick link: http://forum.pokemonworldonline.net/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature). Signatures can be anything you like as long as it's appropriate; but you're asked to follow the Signature rules, set down recently to cut down on the number of people with signatures longer than their own posts.

Signatures were originally intended to be just text, but most Forums these days also allow images as well; and it's a common trend on Forums these days for everyone to have their own unique signature image to make their posts stand out; some people even have more than one. In Creativity Zone > Artists you can find a number of people offering to help make signature images for people who don't have the ability or are too busy to make their own. Some offer this service for free, others ask for in-game items, Pokémon or money; and everyone has a different style and asks different questions to help them get an idea of how to make one exactly as you like it, so feel free to shop around.

Since v1.7, PWO has officially supported skins, which let people change the look of various parts of the game; common changes being the login and loading screens, the frame and the battle scene (but almost every part is changeable). PWO comes with three skins - the default one that's used at the start, a halloween-styled one and a "Blank Skin", which is designed to be copied to allow people to make their own. Other people have made their own styles, some of which you can download from here on the Forum. The threads will usually show what the new skin looks like and have instructions on how to download and use them.

Guilds are player-ran groups bringing together friends and people with similar interests. Though not entirely useful at this point in time, guilds often run their own events and tournaments to allow their members to extract more fun out of the game or feel more competitive or more social with other guilds or with one another. In future Guilds will have a more central role in PWO, which may or may not include things such as creating their own bases, organising events or battling together as a team. This is however not something we see happening very soon; so for now just consider them as friendly groups you might be able to join if you so choose.

I hope this helps :)

G

Hey~ Welcome! I'm also kinda new too! (a couple days old) hopefully to see you around!

ryumakku

umm i new and, i was kinda disconnected from the game the moment the map was loading and now everytime i log on, it keeps on loading and i cant play anymore.. can someone help me.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
@ryumakku: Don't hijack other people's threads or bring back old topics without a good reason.
@king1234: Check the date of the last two posts at minimum before you reply.

Topic locked for necroposting.

Status
Not open for further replies.