Hey everyone! Were all invited to Blurise's Pitty party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merse

Youngster
Indeed.... Rock bottom.

I agree with the basics of the OP, that Blue just can't post things like that in the forum. Especially not if he's locking the topic right away so nobody could comment on it. He is the head admin of this whole establishment for God's sake! Can't he act like that? This is the attitude of a 8 years old girl, not a responsible grown man. It wouldn't be such a big problem if it would be the first case when Blue acted immaturely or unprofessional, but unfortunately it wasn't.

Blue is a dedicated member of the staff, I give him that. But As Bis pointed out, he is just not the right man for the job he is trying to do. He is not a leader and definitely not someone who could be the face of the PWO staff for the community. He is often arrogant and his communication skills are far bellow adequate when it comes to staff-to-community interaction. The problem is that even the current staff has several people who would be much better in that than Bluerise. Fonty, Jinji, Pansy, Creobis, Rigaudon, just to name a few from the top of my head.
I can't make any comment on task distribution within the staff, but what is abundantly clear that the staff lacks coders and still there is no recruitment for that job. If there would be, we would have heard about the candidates already.

Even though the whole thread shifted into an I hate Blue/I hate you/I hate everybody flamewar, the main point was valid. Blue got a lot of valid criticism in the past but instead of considering them, he acted like he did in that instantly locked thread. I really wish he could be working on more on the things he is really good at, but he should recognize that even he has his limitations and for the sake of the game he should find the people to do those jobs he has the lack of talent to.
It wouldn't be an issue if he wouldn't be the de facto leader of the game. But he is, and so if he doesn't realize that there are steps to be done, the downfall of the game will be solely his fault. I recognize his abilities and his contribution to the game but he should realize that he can not run things all alone, conducting the rest of the staff as he wishes, because it doesn't work...

End note: No, turning his back to the game wouldn't be the right thing to do, it would be the 8 years old girl act that he was/is criticized for.

Saurus

Banned
It's like you want me to be happy about the fact that the staff was around when Shane wasn't, that they helped pull the game along when he didn't, that they dealt with the day-to-day issues when he couldn't. Fine, here's your thanks for your hardwork. Thankyou! But. Shane is a DEV and he did what a DEV does, and he delivered as much as any other staff member did, although it took him about a month or maybe less.

(And yes, I was referring to the many updates, that apparently doesn't sit well with Bluerise's twitter feed!)

Maybe if pride and ego's were swallowed we could have had a preview of things to come from Shane such as the new client he worked on provided by that screenshot. The game would have been one step closer to actual progress being made.

I'm sorry to say but holding events and little contests isn't enough for this game to be great. It needs development, it had development and somewhere along the lines of poor staffing decisions and miscommunication, the development stopped.

I was never against the staff of PWO (Only certain individuals who had a holier-than-thou presence about themselves) but I feel that Shane was a great team-player that responded to the different suggestions, ideas and overall needs of the players client-wise. You can read that in his change logs. So you can expect some backlash at his departure but with good reason.

Thychiz

While I've taken an extended break from the game, I still check the forums and how the game is progressing (Namely the Playerdex update) from time to time.
It shocked me to come across this post, I had once suspected that PWO donations were going to something other than the game, I sincerely hope it doesn't end up being true.
I agree that Bluerise's attitude towards his players is appalling at times, but the bashing needs to stop. If he won't show you / us respect then so be it, don't show him any. But don't openly attack him in chat and forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.