Gym's timer

Nightmare!

No, this topic is not about increasing nor decreasing the Gyms timer :p but how about a command where it shows you how much time there's left in order to rebattle a gym. This would save a lot of players time.

magevideogames

I second this, even though ti would only be helpful when you are in the last hour or so :p. Would also be nice if it would tell you the time before you can fight the NPCs on your current route as well.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I'm not sure about what it's ongoing but while ago a NPC timer was supposed to work when the new playerdex is live.

Bluerise released a sneak view of it. :p
I9IXC.png

Orean

Website
twitter.com
How would you like the command's message to be displayed? Since some NPCs are nameless (and have unknown DOIs), how the command would be designated towards any particular NPC—for the command to return the cooldown time of that NPC in particular—is the question.

Also, while yes, it is indeed a planned feature for the future playerdex update, we're not going to conclude that it's too late for some duck-tape solutions to be applied in the meantime, if a workable scheme is devised for them; after all, it's part of why the /iv command was implemented in its current form—it's achieving what a new playerdex/client update could do more conveniently IMO (displaying the Pokemon's IVs, precisely as they're stored in the database), but the /iv command was feasible to introduce earlier, while the playerdex/client updates weren't at a releasable state.

PhantomsCV

Creobis said:
How would you like the command's message to be displayed? Since some NPCs are nameless (and have unknown DOIs), how the command would be designated towards any particular NPC—for the command to return the cooldown time of that NPC in particular—is the question.

Also, while yes, it is indeed a planned feature for the future playerdex update, we're not going to conclude that it's too late for some duck-tape solutions to be applied in the meantime, if a workable scheme is devised for them; after all, it's part of why the /iv command was implemented in its current form—it's achieving what a new playerdex/client update could do more conveniently IMO (displaying the Pokemon's IVs, precisely as they're stored in the database), but the /iv command was feasible to introduce earlier, while the playerdex/client updates weren't at a releasable state.

how about when we talk to the NPC it says the time for the next battle as the final phrase it's suppose to say "If you want to we can battle on ______________ at ____. See you then or after" for a gym leader that you already beat "You already have the ______ badge, why do you want to embarrass me?"

Nightmare!

PhantomsCV said:
Creobis said:

how about when we talk to the NPC it says the time for the next battle as the final phrase it's suppose to say "If you want to we can battle on ______________ at ____. See you then or after" for a gym leader that you already beat "You already have the ______ badge, why do you want to embarrass me?"
Yes, just like the ladies from eukracteck city, they tell you when you can battle them again. Although, I'm not really looking for the trainers but for the gym leaders. This would be really helpful even for the new / old players. Going to the Playerdex is Allright, but it's even better when you just type a command, and! Poof! You know how much time there's left.

SapphirePhoenix

PhantomsCV said:

nightmarerealm said:
Yes, just like the ladies from eukracteck city, they tell you when you can battle them again. Although, I'm not really looking for the trainers but for the gym leaders. This would be really helpful even for the new / old players. Going to the Playerdex is Allright, but it's even better when you just type a command, and! Poof! You know how much time there's left.

I like and would support both of those ideas, and I would love a command version purely because that one would be faster to check, but anything that helps with that would be welcome.

Creobis said:

Command wise, maybe the trainer cool down times could be listed similarly to how map spawns are listed? So you type a command like /list NPCs and a list of NPCs and their rebattle times are displayed in a list format. Even if they don't have names I think people just want to know when the NPCs on a route are generally available for them to kill again (if they are like me, we would just battle everyone on the route at one time then do it again 2 weeks later). As for gyms, the leaders have names and so this type of listing would help us check if we can re-battle the leader without having to walk to the end of the gym to do so (yes this is also fueled by my tendency to be lazy).

Or maybe the listing can be restricted to only display NPCs that do have names? Most of the ones that are ready to fight and don't have names tend to ambush you when you walk by anyways :p