Great To See Pwo Running Smoothly!

MrHallmark

Well I've been busy for quiet a bit and I had a serious moment where I thought this wasn't my main account and it was an alt I made during the down time... So I was trying to recover a password for the past week or so on a non-existing account lol. BUT anyways, great job guys you're all doing a wonderful job. I want to consider getting a few tokens because I noticed I have 5 is that all worked out or is there some bugs?

mewandrea1

Decreasing the maximum number of players--> Makes the server runs smoothly

Personally, i like this change

MrHallmark

Yeah really I don't care for 400 or 700, it's nicer. They can always add a secondary server with a 300 person cap?

R

Ryessa

[quote name='MrHallmark' timestamp='1316696190' post='5541']

Yeah really I don't care for 400 or 700, it's nicer. They can always add a secondary server with a 300 person cap?

[/quote]

No actually, they can't. Not yet.

[quote name='Mist' timestamp='1316664075' post='5436']

Jinji has stated this before. I will restate it here.

for score and 1-2 years ago, PWO rand two servers: Blue and Diamond. IT was then that we realized that data cannot be saved on both servers at the same time. This would typically mean that one server lost a lot of save data, while the other did not. This occurs due to faulty coding within PWO. In order for us to ever run multiple servers correctly, this would need to be fixed, which atm is not a priority.

As to the question of wither or not you could play both character on the 2nd server. There are two ways to go about doing that. One is to have a different "character" per server. This would mean that on the login screen, you would select a server to connect to using your normal username/ pw. Upon successful connection, you would then load your user data stored on that server. The 2nd option would be to have a general login. Upon successful connection, you would then chose a server to connect to. The database would then send your character information to that server. I believe that is how it is currently setup, but again, this brings about the issue of both servers trying to save to the db at the same time, and one essentially failing to save

[/quote]

H

Hassan142

im looking forward to pwo becoming a bigger game lol would be nice to play on a massive world. I think that we should have a server system like runescape has but 400 cap on each server to allow them to run smoothly. I understand its not a priority at the moment but the idea is here if the GMs ever decide to expand on the servers.

F

Fluffyknowsyou

The game is still in beta,there's no reason to buy another server if all the bugs aren't ironed out. But yea, I think we all want pwo to be bigger.

L

Lonnie

there should be a server for people who pay for membership. More people would donate

Androziel

[quote name='Lonnie' timestamp='1316764429' post='5951']

there should be a server for people who pay for membership. More people would donate

[/quote]

Well that wouldnt be fair for everyone who has characters on the original server.

And when a game is in BETA stage there is NEVER a second server running as the feasibility of the project could be comprimised