Going out of PWO using Task Manager...

FinalDragon

So,I was on PWO,when I got on,the sever was full,so I got out using Task Manager,and when I try to get back on,it says its already running.
I already got out of the game,so how is it running?

risefromruins

Youngster
Next time, if the server is full you can quit by hitting:

Enter

Type "/quit"

Enter

That way PWO will not appear to still be running when you quit out

FinalDragon

risefromruins said:
Next time, if the server is full you can quit by hitting:

Enter

Type "/quit"

Enter

That way PWO will not appear to still be running when you quit out

The thing though is still loading and then the game screen goes dark...

risefromruins

Youngster
Yes I know.  You can still use the "/quit" command even if you can't see yourself typing.

Juuza

the process doesn't always end when just ending the task i always kill the process if I can't do /quit

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
I have the same issue. I tend to have to TRY and kill the processes. (should be something like "PWO2.exe" or some such...) seems to work for everyone except myself lol.

M

Mist

I'll do you a better one. ctrl + shift + esc | Processes | PWO.exe*32 | End Process.

killing it via the "Applications" tab will still sometimes leave a ghost process, I have yet to get an "already running" message when killing it from the Processes tab.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Mist said:
I'll do you a better one. ctrl + shift + esc | Processes | PWO.exe*32 | End Process.

killing it via the "Applications" tab will still sometimes leave a ghost process, I have yet to get an "already running" message when killing it from the Processes tab.
This is what I do as well if the need requires; and it's also never failed. Of course on a 32-bit system, it'll just say "PWO.exe" - the *32 is only added on a 64-bit system.