GM HALP!!

Friko

lol....i can't log on under any conditions, and for the first time my username and password worked on the forums, i am given a Direct3D messege...
i tried the fixes on the wiki, and can't get it to work (and a post on the forums involving some strange program...)

i run on Windows 7, 64 Bit...*sigh*..

ksalim313

May I know your PWO installation directory? like C:\Program Files\Pokemon World Online or something like that?

Anyway, if you used the default directory during installation which is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pokemon World Online"

then you should go to start menu > search for cmd > right click on it > click on Run as Administrator then enter the following commands:

cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64

regsvr32 C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"Pokemon World Online"\MSINET.OCX
regsvr32 C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"Pokemon World Online"\MSWINSCK.OCX
regsvr32 C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"Pokemon World Online"\dx8vb.dll

if any problems faced you you can copy the three files (MSINET.OCX, MSWINSCK.OCX, dx8vb.dll) from your PWO directory to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
then use these commands in cmd:

regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSINET.OCX
regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSWINSCK.OCX
regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dx8vb.dll

ksalim313

then try the commands I used in the previous reply and make sure you're running cmd as administrator :)

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
For the record this is not a problem GMs can deal with as by definition we are Moderators.

Friko

choco..i know..it was an allusion to older days in PWO when noobs would always ask for help from GM's regardless of the situation...thats why help is spelled HALP...i still need help from someone regardless xD

ksalim313

Hmm, I wonder what error did you get when you tried? Maybe a screenshot would help :)

Friko

:/ well thats it

Attachments

• failure.png
    failure.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 578

ksalim313

I don't know, really :( But have you tried to update your Direct3D and your Graphics card driver?

Friko

everything says up to date, not only that, but everything is enabled and blah blah, it doesn't say ANYTHING is missing till i try to start the game

ksalim313

Since the client was developed using Direct3D 8, Can you try uninstalling the newer version and install the older version of Direct3D?

I'm just trying to explore all possibilities here

Edit: also try to re-install you graphics card driver

Friko

tried to D-L older version
now trying to re-install graphics card driver
no dice

king1234

Youngster
hmm it seems that the kid has 0 credibility. so dont bother about this post.

ksalim313

TO be honest, when I first saw the topic I thought it's a simple case where the ActiveX and DLL files were not registered during installation but when g122 tried to install them manually by using these commands :
ksalim313 said:
go to start menu > search for cmd > right click on it > click on Run as Administrator then enter the following commands:
copy the three files (MSINET.OCX, MSWINSCK.OCX, dx8vb.dll) from your PWO directory to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
then use these commands in cmd:

and had no luck with them, I think the problem is a software incompatibility, that I can't figure out unless I know more information about the system, so, I guess this is the last thing I can think of with the given information :(

by the way, when you tried these commands what was the system's response? I mean did it give you some sort of error or something or it said it has been done successfully?

Friko

haha...hey king...i can't get in, btw..:/ i miss PWO, the system said:

Attachments

• failure 2.png
    failure 2.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 504

ksalim313

You didn't write the directory correctly, so just use the 2nd method, which is:

Copy the three files (MSINET.OCX, MSWINSCK.OCX, dx8vb.dll) from your PWO directory to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
Go to Start menu > search for cmd > right click on it > Run as Administrator then use these commands in cmd:

As the sound may be disabled, go to My documents open the file PWOOptions and at the line with 'sound=0' change the 0 to 1 (if you couldn't enable it inside the game)