Glitched Shellder

darkdane

I recently have been leveling up some of my pokes when I noticed this one poke had a weird conspiracy on it gaining more experience each level it gained. But once I got it to lv99, it wouldn't level up even though it had the extra exp. I know that there is obviously a Level Cap, but I'm not sure if this is a problem or not. If there is please let me know. Here's a picture of it.

Attachments

• Crazy Shellder.JPG
    Crazy Shellder.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 185

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
No, this is intentional. A Pokémon that has exceeded Lv99 will not keep any further experience it gains after hitting that level; unless the cap is changed again in future.

darkdane

Jinji said:
No, this is intentional. A Pokémon that has exceeded Lv99 will not keep any further experience it gains after hitting that level; unless the cap is changed again in future.
Okay thanks :) you think I could sell it though? and for more then usual?

Merse

Youngster
Unlikely. If it would be a shiny or a hyper-expensive other Poke, maybe the extra XP would worth something (only a little), but as it is uncertain if or when the level cap will be raised or removed, players wouldn't pay extra money for something they may can not enjoy at all.

darkdane

Merse said:
Unlikely. If it would be a shiny or a hyper-expensive other Poke, maybe the extra XP would worth something (only a little), but as it is uncertain if or when the level cap will be raised or removed, players wouldn't pay extra money for something they may can not enjoy at all.
That's true, plus it's stats aren't the best anyways. To bad I guess

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Sooo just curious, did you level that shellder to 99 for lols? xD surprised it isn't evolved.

darkdane

CheckeredZebra said:
Sooo just curious, did you level that shellder to 99 for lols? xD surprised it isn't evolved.
Well yeah I leveled him to lv99 to see what would happen :p You would need a stone to evolve him, but like I said since he was glitched I wanted to see if it would go to lv100, thinking the glitch wouldn't work if he evolved.