Giving The Server Time To Stabalize (2 Polls)

Professor_Maple

Alright, a lot of people may not realize this, but when a server is brought back online it needs a little bit of time to stabalize before they can handle a lot of traffic. Over this past week I have been registered I have seen the game brought back online only to get rushed by dozens, even hundreds, of people. Minutes later the server crashes and a lot of people are left wondering why, even blaming the server itself because they think it sucks in some cases. A lot of places will prevent heavy traffic from being able to do this in one way or another to prevent this from happening and it works wonders, believe me.

So fellow PWO players. I would like to get your opinions on two things in this thread. The first of which if the simple question of should it be locked or not. I've given four choices, two yes and two no with different reasons following. I ask that you vote at least yes or no and if you feel that neither of the reasons following the yes/no suit your own personal opinion, please feel free to add it in a post below.

The second poll is more for those who feel a server lock should be put in place. Now, from my own past experiences, I find that a 5 to 10 minute lock is more than enough. Given PWO's amount of traffic, I personally lean towards a 10 minute lock, just to make sure everything is running smooth before opening the flood gates. Either way, for those who voted yes to the first poll, weigh in with your say here. And those of you who voted no on the first poll, please feel free to vote on this as well for what you would feel is a fair amount of time in the event locks are put in place.

I

inileater

Seeing that i am an optimistic guy i like to think this kind of thing would work, however i have my doubts.

Tom210

i dont necessarily think thats the case, and keeping the server down doesnt do anything

mad30

Youngster
Its not keep the server down, but keep players from entering game after server is restated for x amount of time.