Geodude question

ash.catchem

Youngster
Just a Question related to pokemon geodude..:
Is geodude really completely immune to electric attacks, I have seen two episodes in anime in which pikachu's thunder attack killed geodude, one is between ash and brock at pewter gym and another is in hoenn first gym at rustboro city between ash and gym leader's geodude, in Episode:Pokemon - 292 - The winner by a nosepass
Both time pikachu's thunder attack killed geodude, so that means geodude is not completely immune to electric attacks maybe due to it is rock type, it may 1/2x effective or 1/4x effective, but by looking in anime, ot doesn't seems that it is 0x effective.

So what are your views on it???

Ozzimandias

in brocks arena it was the water that was spraying over onix (not geodude, when i remember right) that made him vulnerable to electrical attacks... but since geodude and onix are partial ground-type they are supposed to be immune to electrical attacks!

I

inileater

Your fatal flaw was mixing Anime logic with Video Game logic, you don't do that!

maadoo

i googled that once and stumbled upon a page where they explained that the producers of the anime got mixed up with rock/ground types in which they thought that rock was immune to electrick attacks and not ground , hence the episode about brock s geodude , there z also one where a sandshrew gets knocked out by pikachu , and blaine z ryydon if u recall , this issue was fixed in later seasons.

KstersSlade

I believe it was the sprinklers that did the most damage to Onix in the anime not necessarily the eletric attack.