General Suggestions

RukiaKuchiki91

Dear PWO Staff,
first of all i wanna thx u and congratulate with u for all ur work
Then i wanna give some lil suggestions for optimizing the game.
I already tried to post that on suggestion box but unfortunately it doesn't allow me to do that due to invalid characters.
I hope that my suggestions may be appropriate for this section.
First of all i've seen that there's a section in in game interface that shows all pg actually connected.
I guess that it's pretty useless as there's already a friend list so maybe it may be replaced with a guild online members section that would be more usefull and also less heavier to run.
Then i guess that the most important things to implement right now are other pokeball and other rods.
It may be easily done by adding a simple costant to catching/fishing rate probability equation.
For example if the probability of catching a pokemon if p=f(ù) with f(ù)=function of status,hp ecc we may just consider p=c*f(ù).
So if we set the seguent costant:
1)pokeball=>c=1
2)megaball=>c=2
3)ultraball =>c=5
we will catch a pokemon that has a actual f(ù)=K with 2K probability for megaball and 5K probability for ultraball.
We may use the same logic for good rod and super rod probability equations.
Maybe we may also set the good rod delay before reusing at 5 sec and the super rod delay to 2 sec for granting more frequent fishing tryings.
Hope that my suggestions may be helpfull
Thx again

Zuckerpucker

Nice suggestions, but I think there's no need for both.

Catching a Pokemon isn't a Problem, you only have to prepare your team, the hard thing is to find a certain Pokemon, not to catch it. So one can let it be simple with just one kind of Pokeball.

And fishing is in this game really what it is in the real life, it takes a time. More frequent fishing sounds easier, but should it be easier? I like for example to look for a Dratini skin since 2 days and it will proberly take a few more days, but that's the fun. When you finally found it, you're really happy and you don't want it to be easier for people starting this quest after you.

*edit: A profi fishing rod, available after reaching a high fishing level, could be fun.

RukiaKuchiki91

I know that they aren't essential things but they are lil things that may be easily improved and that will like a lot to medium users...implementing more important things like battle instrument,pokemon abilities or broken pokemon moves is a lot more important but it requires a lot more work...instead as i'm an informatic i may say that these lil things doesn't require too much work and will have a great effect tho...about fishing i know that the fact that it requires time is sensed but if it'll be easier the server will grow up faster and there will be more fun for experienced people in game that are few right now...if i could i'd tried to help on implementing things too cuz i guess that this is a great project but unfornutely with university i haven't enough time neither for playing xD

Merse

Youngster
With only a little research on the forum you would see that you didn't suggest anything which wasn't already suggested. And you would have found the answers why aren't they implemented yet.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Moved to General PWO Talk. Other suggestions have been made for more pokeballs and better fishing rods, but it is hard to keep track of suggestions currently.

CoolKnightST

HitmonFonty said:
Moved to General PWO Talk. Other suggestions have been made for more pokeballs and better fishing rods, but it is hard to keep track of suggestions currently.
Why don't make an topic about all suggestions and post what ideas are already suggested for example:

Please read this post before posting any new ideas:

The Game
Pwo tries to simulate the classic gameplay in an MMO environment. Any suggestion that would dessimulate this feacture will probaly never happen in pwo. Examples of those ideas are: "Adjustments to the battle system that deviate from the orignal battle system from the most recent generation.", The release of fantasie regions or areas that would desballance the structure between the regions en the pokémons that you can encounter.", Ideas that would change the concept of the game", etc...

Ballancing
Since the game has to be ballanced in an MMO. Some feactures from the original game aren't possible in pwo and therefore can't be recognize as an idea:
  • The release of legendaries in the wild
  • Rewarding rare pokémon when finishing quests
  • Implementing all quest and feactures just like in the original game

Differents
Pwo works with an different system that in the classic game:
  • Pwo works with an more MMO styled pokémon encounter system. The encounter rates from rare pokémon are basicly higher and therefore there is an larger gap between rare and not rare pokémon in the game. Any ideas with the attempt to extremly increase the rate of rare pokémon will not be recognized as an idea.
  • Pwo works with an membership system that you can buy with tokens. These tokens you can buy with real money that therefore directly get used to fund the server. When you are member you get an increase shiny and rare encounter in return. This is the only way to get these increased rates. Any ideas to attempt an full removal of membership will not be recognized as an idea. Outsite membership, pwo has also an tokenstore where various pokémon can be buyed with tokens.
  • Pwo also has an external management system of there site named the playerdex.

Still in development
The game is still in development and many things are already plannend to be add in the futher:
  • Release of regions: Currently Johto is in progress and Hoenn is in development. Currently the servii islands are planned after. Any attemps to suggest the other regions will not be recognized as an idea. The current problem with the release of new regions are the layering support of the maps.
  • Release about higher generation pokémon (generation IV or higher) in the wild will not be recognized as an idea. Currently only an fell III generation are implemented in the wild. Before hoenn there will probaly be no more new pokémon released. Currently the only pokémon that is not released in the wild yet (gen 1-2) are Porygon, Aerodactyl and Shuckle.
  • Regarding evolutions: During the lack of the existing client it's not easy to implement all evolution how they supposed to work. Currently an lot of evolution items and ways are replaced by others. Multi-evolutions is currently not supported so any chance to get an eevee evolution other than Jolteon is not possible.
  • Regarding Berry system: During the lack of the existing client it's not possible to release this system yet.
  • Fixing the battle system: It has no use to suggest ideas for it. Instant you can give this information in the official topics made for it.

List of common suggested ideas
  • Release of new pokéballs: New client required
  • Release encounter adjustments
  • Release of breeding
  • etc...
This is just an example but I think an system like this could really help an lot of new people that want to do attemps to improve pwo.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Because once the new Playerdex is launched, players will be expected to post any suggestions they have for our game on the official Suggestion Box tool found there (which is already live, but may undergo changes). This system automatically tracks all the suggestions made and our responses to them.

Merse

Youngster
That will mean, things like more Pokemon, Pokeballs, regions, fixed attacks, fixed neg XP, aster leveling, better VR/HR/shiny chances will be suggested about 10 times per week :D

CoolKnightST

Merse said:
That will mean, things like more Pokemon, Pokeballs, regions, fixed attacks, fixed neg XP, aster leveling, better VR/HR/shiny chances will be suggested about 10 times per week :D
Indeed, without an note on the suggestion section these problems will continue.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
You're already criticising a system you haven't seen yet. I salute your psychic abilities. 8)

Merse

Youngster
What I meant is that the players doesn't even have to enter the forum any more to drop in their ideas, you can be 100% sure that they will bother even less than they do now to research wether their brilliant suggestions were already suggested a million times or not.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Merse said:
What I meant is that the players doesn't even have to enter the forum any more to drop in their ideas, you can be 100% sure that they will bother even less than they do now to research wether their brilliant suggestions were already suggested a million times or not.

As I said you seem very sure without even seeing the system. I already think the current playerdex system is far better than the forums the way it is set up so my assumption would be the new one would be as good or better than that.

Merse

Youngster
Well, on the current Playeredex you still the same suggestions again and again and again.