Game Progression, News, Updates and Staff Discussion

Sweetboi

Youngster
Just wanted to remake this thread again. It's nice of staff to share any news, have a place to discuss details with each other/players and sharre their updates/progress with us as they work hard to bring sevii and many awesome features to PWO. We respectful players understand how hard staff members work and players a playing their part by being as patient as they can while staff members do their best to make PWO bigger and better.

Last thread got closed because a player used it to complain for themselves so please make sure you don't misuse my threads please. Any problems you have should be Pm'd to a staff or in the "Complaint" category, not here.

Electrofreak

RE: Staff Progression, Updates and Discussion

Sweetboi, the staff are lying to you. Rig is a ghost, everyone else are lions, especially Jinji.

Sweetboi

Youngster
I might start with: What is each staff member currently working on at the moment? (like someone might be working on the battle system, animations, new regions, spawn blocks, Playerdex, etc.)

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
as far as i know riga is working on spawn blocks they needed to change all of them ( maybe wrong not sure )

Rigaudon

Youngster
Sure, why not.

My immediate priorities are:
*Making CG team concept solid
*Next Event (this is sep. from small weekend events)
*Shifting responsibilities around for efficiency/motivation reasons
*Polishing/finishing weekend event scripts based on topic feedback (to an extent; not all feedback is created equal)
*Finishing all the above so I can actually invite people to staff w/o too much worry
*Redoing spawn spreadsheets, polishing spawns, spawn PR (This is always going to have lower priority than making sure PWO can support its own scope and staff structures/perma updates).

These are all just stopgaps for/part of reaching the New Years Resolution topic stuff. Nothing there has changed. Nor has much changed for the Road to Hoenn.
edit: That's all you can really get out of me for a while. Fingers crossed.
edit 2: Don't wildly speculate or I'll be unable to reply to these sorts of topics in the future! (EX: when people absolutely freaked out at just the mention of natures/abilities last time I did an update/goals post.)

Tasigur

Since Rig, by posting in this topic, appeared to have given the OK to reply, I shall give my update.

I am still working on rewriting every single NPC to the next system. Luminance has provided a tool to organize this easier so have recently started utilizing that. When I have finish with this I will resume project frostbite, unless I post in the project frostbite thread please assume I am still working on this npc rewrite project.

Sweetboi

Youngster
I figured we were still onto the NPC stuff and I will assume/pass on the message about the NPCs. I think one reason I brought up this thread was so I had news, facts and answers I could reply to the players who ask about them. So I could argue back with some positivity and real facts that I don't just guess.

@Tasigur (maybe Riga too): Is it okay and not rude of me to ask how much of the NPCs are rewritten at the moment? How long does it usually take to rewrite an npc? By saying next system, does that mean we'll only be seeing the changes to the NPCs on the next client release?

@Rigaudon: I like that you put up those priority lists, it helps me understand a lot . I'd hate to see you not being able to reply my post cause of wild speculations and have this thread closed down again.

I do give permission to delete any posts in this thread that may lead to this thread's closure.