Game: New Train Route - Live

Tecknician

Edit: 1/25/2013
Continuing the transportation system changes, the ferry has been re-added with changes similar to the train structure:

- 6 stops: Vermilion, cinnabar, and pallet for kanto and cherrygrove, olivine, and cianwood for johto.
- Same pricing structure as the train using the same item/pass.
- The former ferries from cinnabar to pallet and from cianwood to olivine has been replaced with this.
- For the time being you will need to purchases passes and tickets in train stations.
- Ticket Scalper npc was created behind the house on cianwood next to the ferry npc that will sell you a ticket for 5,500 pd. This is to prevent people from being stuck on cianwood without a ticket.

You still need the correct badge to access each location, you do not need a badge to go from olivine to cianwood and from cianwood to olivine. After a few weeks, I will look at changing the pricing system. Still undecided about accessing blackthorn.

Look for shortcut npcs to be removed in the next few days, starting today.

Original post:

The train system has had a slight overhaul.

- 3 new train stops. Silvertown (previously mt silver), viridian city, and cherrygrove city.
- 3 new pricing for the train system: 1 ticket = 5,000. 10 tickets = 40,000. 1 month = 250,000.
- 1 new city - Silver town. Town has been built at the base of mt silver providing players with a pokecenter, pokemart, and a research station.

The pricing was set at such by my own discretion base upon some input from the community but due to a rather low amount of feedback I expect the pricing to change base on further feedback. This means you should provide CONSTRUCTIVE, well thought out feedback.

Likewise shortcut npcs will slowly be on the decline. However we will keep a few and figure out a solution for the concerns surrounding access to blackthorn.

Saric

Youngster
Why is the 1 month ticket overpriced? It's cheaper to get 1 month by both singles and 10 tickets..
Edit: Why is the 1 month needed? It's only cost effective if you overuse the train.

Fionavara

found an error right off the bat, I was going from mt silve rto veridian and through silvertown and got this. Totall black map and then at the end tihis which I couldnt walk into.
couldnt walk back either, took an escape rope back to pc and tried again and it happened once more, another player had the same problem we could see and talk to eachother in the black part.

anyone that gets this problem, use an escape rope if u have one and go back to the pokecenter, walk into mt silver and back and it will be fixed!
It's cus we where on the OLD mt silver map this error occured! Relogging wont work u need to go back to the Pokeccenter and walk into and out of mt Silver so the new silver town map loads!

Attachments

• error silvertown.png
    error silvertown.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 5,167

psychosamm

Youngster
Ok so there seems to be a few messed up tiles, one in the PC and in the Mart at Silver town, they were kinds funny though. Also i believe the monthly pass's price should be lowered a little. at 250k youd have to go on the train 1.666 times a day, aka twice a day and it'd still come out to 5k per ride, which isn't much of a discount. So maybe 200k for a montly pass would be better?

Attachments

• tree.JPG
    tree.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 5,071
  • tree1.JPG
    tree1.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 5,071

Jav890

Will, i think the update is awesome Btw. But I think the Monthly Pass prize should be lowered because people don't use it too often. I think that 150k is the best option. The rest is Okay. I love the SILVER Town. It looks awesome. ;D

Crew-Junior

where i can buying a ticket ? train station or mart ? thanks..is awesome update :)

Fionavara

Suggestion:
now u can take the train to silvertown u bypass the NPC in the pokeleague building demanding all badges to go to mt silver, AND u can bypass the badges by taking the train between johto and kanto...you guys plan on doing anything to prevent that? Or does Guard peter check badges cus the message is just to go see prof adena.
I suggest an NPC that checks badges atleast for the entrance INTO mt silver atleast.
And something aswell so people cant go battle the "wrong" gyms in and skipp the first badges in the regions? I know they will need all badges later for the quests but so there wont be any server errors from getting the badges in the "wrong" line if u understand what I mean.

Tecknician

A check was put in place to make sure you had at least 8 badges, but not 16. It didn't occur to me to do 16, although I do not think 16 is necessarily anyways. I think the first 8 badges are somewhat enjoyable but the next 8 badges are not. Either the gyms are too easy, or there is too much grinding required.

I may have a discussion with the rest of the staff talking about this and decide how to go from there.

Fionavara

Tecknician said:
A check was put in place to make sure you had at least 8 badges, but not 16. It didn't occur to me to do 16, although I do not think 16 is necessarily anyways. I think the first 8 badges are somewhat enjoyable but the next 8 badges are not. Either the gyms are too easy, or there is too much grinding required.

I may have a discussion with the rest of the staff talking about this and decide how to go from there.

Oh a little P.S.

opening up mt silver through silvertown trainstation also means you opened up the cerulean cave quest for 8 badges since it starts in mt silver and required the 16 badges aswell to start. So basicly now there is no reward or point in having all the badges anymore.

nayhr

i got the same problem with the blackpath one..,
is there a way to fix it? coz i can't get out of the mt silver... :(

nayhr

to go back to the Pokeccenter and walk into and out of mt Silver so the new silver town map loads!
i did already try that one.., still a black path

added: i tried going to the cave., and after it.. everything works now..,sorry for the inconvenience... xD thanks for the idea of reloading the map by entering other places..,

Naero

Not sure if this has been brought to your attention yet, but it appears that there is no functional ticket seller in Viridian City's train station atm; just one NPC behind the counter, which is unresponsive when spoken to.

EDIT: Also worth mentioning is that on the menu for selecting a destination, when boarding the train, 'Viridian City' shows up on the menu twice - Silver Town being the actual destination for the uppermost option of the duplicately displayed options.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
As far as I know the link is only broken for people logged out on the old map, the current ones seem to be working fine. If anyone is trapped treat it n the sameway as any other time being stuck outside a map (I'm online at the time of this post to help Should be fixed now).

This map also replaces one of my least favourite maps in the entire game, so an awesome update! <3

Abox-

Website
forums.d2jsp.org
I love the update, the map looks awesome.
And aside from the current issues that have been stated with it.
It appears that several users (I have confirmed by purchasing) have bought the month pass for 25,000 instead of 250,000 as stated on the forums.

gwen00

i can't see the game because of the server off can anybody send me the image of it or upload on this fourm

gwen00

i want to see the silevr town please upload it !!! pleaseeeee

prototypephenix

sorry guys buy i am new and when i try to log in right now its saying that the server is probably down
is it?
btw i download the game today from dropbox and its saying "Recently uploaded!" is it good?

Orean

Website
twitter.com
prototypephenix said:
sorry guys buy i am new and when i try to log in right now its saying that the server is probably down
is it?
btw i download the game today from dropbox and its saying "Recently uploaded!" is it good?

The server status can be checked here: http://www.pokemon-world-online.net/serverwatch.php
If it is marked as being offline, it can safely be assumed that the game is inaccessible to anyone.