Game: Accounts clear up

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
No, our email cap is reached already without the added addition of emailing those who are getting deletions.

PkmnTrainerReginald

Website
www.shop.platinum-age-designs.com
Yeah there are some people like Pwncess, Inileater and Carolyn who havent played for a while who plan on coming back eventually.
It would be cool if they were to get a heads up on the situation. I could email Pwncess but I dont have Carolyn and Inileaters emails.

Well I guess you have to do what you have to do Bluerise.

But I have question. Should you delete a profile and remove it from data base is that user name available again?
Like if you deleted PkmnTrainerReginald could someone else register and use that name? 0_o

If so, people who will end up deleting can always come back and restart their accounts using the name they had before. They wont have their teams and whatever but hey, who at this point DOESNT know that periodically you guys erase accounts from the data base to clear up space?

In fact what MMO DOESNT do that? lolol

LunaticJames

Content maker
PkmnTrainerReginald said:
Yeah there are some people like Pwncess, Inileater and Carolyn who havent played for a while who plan on coming back eventually.
It would be cool if they were to get a heads up on the situation. I could email Pwncess but I dont have Carolyn and Inileaters emails.
If this system is kept in place, their accounts would still exist in December 2013. I think they have a lot of time ;p

G

So how is that working? If you create an account and don't log in longer than a minute, It will be deleted? And accounts that are inactive for longer than 2 years, is going to be deleted? Because I take breaks from this game sometimes. I mean there are times when I play non-stop, but I've taken breaks for 3 months or longer at times, just because I have other things to do. Just add something to the playerdex where people register new accounts. Theres a "max log in" thing that happens. Why not just make like 2 created accounts from an IP address the limit? I know that's possible. Atleast make it the limit for like a year or so, there would be less accounts that are farmed. O0

Shirikou

Since so many people seem to have a hard time understanding the first post:
The deletion after three months is only for accounts that have had NO playtime at all.
If you've played for more than 1 minute on your account, it will only be deleted if it's been inactive for 2 years.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
But I have question. Should you delete a profile and remove it from data base is that user name available again?
Like if you deleted PkmnTrainerReginald could someone else register and use that name? 0_o
Yes, clearly up on accounts allows us to free up usernames.

In fact what MMO DOESNT do that? lolol
The likes of Hotmail also do this, though last time I recall - they do it for an 92 day period.

imagnarlydude666 said:
If you create an account and don't log in longer than a minute, It will be deleted?
After 3 months - 3 months should give you plenty of time to log in for at least a minute.

And accounts that are inactive for longer than 2 years, is going to be deleted? Because I take breaks from this game sometimes.
But do you take 2 year breaks?

Why not just make like 2 created accounts from an IP address the limit? I know that's possible. Atleast make it the limit for like a year or so, there would be less accounts that are farmed. O0
Seen registration as of late?

G

I lost my old account, IGN: Wolfskyro It's been a year since Nintendo was deleting Pokemon MMORPGS, that time I have lots of shinies and rares in high level. They even reduced the levels and changed the exp gain. I took a break since this game is losing it... I had my life, been busy with it and now I want to go back, so I created this new account. But I really wish I can bring my account back. :/

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
We can't recover any accounts that have previously been deleted.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
imagnarlydude666 said:
So how is that working? If you create an account and don't log in longer than a minute, It will be deleted? And accounts that are inactive for longer than 2 years, is going to be deleted? Because I take breaks from this game sometimes. I mean there are times when I play non-stop, but I've taken breaks for 3 months or longer at times, just because I have other things to do. Just add something to the playerdex where people register new accounts. Theres a "max log in" thing that happens. Why not just make like 2 created accounts from an IP address the limit? I know that's possible. Atleast make it the limit for like a year or so, there would be less accounts that are farmed. O0
It means any accounts older than 3 months that have 0 time on them in total, so they were made and never even logged onto once, will be deleted along with accounts inactive for 2 years or more. Accounts that have been used, but not in the last 3 months will still fine.

G

i have an account (piperrepip) that im unable to access due to the email bieng hacked is there anything i can get from that account that could be transfered to my piper69 account instead please and thank you

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
piper said:
i have an account (piperrepip) that im unable to access due to the email bieng hacked is there anything i can get from that account that could be transfered to my piper69 account instead please and thank you
Community Watch, not announcements. >.<

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
Chocobo7 said:
imagnarlydude666 said:
It means any accounts older than 3 months that have 0 time on them in total, so they were made and never even logged onto once, will be deleted along with accounts inactive for 2 years or more. Accounts that have been used, but not in the last 3 months will still fine.

Exactly how may times must this be explained?....

G

Well, another person actually replied to me earlier (incase you didn't catch that post) and explained it to me. So, no need for you to catch an attitude...or get mad or whatever your problem is.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Not catching an attitude but maybe people were annoyed because the exact same question had been explained like 3 times before your post. =P

G

Yeah. I understand. I didn't mean any disrespect, I was just saying. I should've read the post better, but I want to make sure I knew what exactly what was going on. My bad if I made it seem like I was attacking you, I just didn't think it was fair to people if they took time off the game. That's all. It was just a confusing post, I guess. But thanks to everyone who cleared it up and explained it to me, you guys are champs. But, like I said....Why not just make the maximum registrations like 2 or 3 per year pr IP address or something. It'll make life ore easier on Bluerise when it comes to doing this "B**ch Work." Just a suggestion. It's not like people should even need 8 accounts to play. That would increase the scam rate anyway, which will make the GMs and stuff have to work harder. Because people would be able to scam without a care and trade the stolen pokemon to their other accounts and let the "scam" profile get banned. So, why not make things easier?

G

I actually used to be a scammer before, I actually enjoyed the game and realized how much fun I could have, Making friends and finding pokemon. I know it's bad, But I actually had so many good pokemon on my other accounts. But since I've made this account, I've had so much more fun playing fair and trading, than scamming people. I would much rather go ou and find a shiny rare than steal one. It makes the gae so much better. But back in the day, It was all about stealing and seeing what I could get out of people. It was so easy to scam people. The only problem was, I didn't have the luxury of being able to make another account to trade my stolen pokemon to, because resitration was always down. I've been playing for so long, Just different account because I didn't realize how fun the game was unless I had the best stuff. So, I seriously thing the "max registration" is a good idea. It'll save your GMs and everyone so much time. The game in my opinion is perfect how it is. You guys gave done a great job. There are a few things that could be fixed, But overall....F**king Epic game. seriously. There's a reason I keep coming back and paying money to you guys lol. I've told so many friends about this game that are my age, which is 22...and they're all for it. But for real, Just make minor changes and you will have so much more time to fix the game instead of worrying about scamming and downtime...because chances are...Without community watch, you'll be able to fx the downtime and completely finish the game.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
But the main staff who focus on Community Watch are the GMs - closing down Community Watch would just result in less work for them - not focusing their work elsewhere. Also have you seen registration as of late?

G

Yeah, I know. But that's what I'm saying, only let people register a certain amount of times. But I mean, you're an admin so...I'm sure you guys will handle it. It was only a suggestion. But good luck with all this crazy crap lol.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
*sigh* Suggesting we prevent x number of accounts, while is an alright-ish idea - in general it's not the best idea to prevent accounts being made. What should and is being done is preventing the number of requests that can be made on an IP and email at a time and preventing x email having x number of accounts altogether. That along with enforcing a cap on the number of accounts that can be made overall in the small period allows us to not be overly hit by accounts in an instant.