Fuchsia City

Would you like a Ferry System added in Route 19 (Fuchsia City)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
We, the players, are lazy.
We would rather spend money on transportation than walk and walk and walk to reach an area of any region.

Fuchsia City is great.
Home to Kanto's safari and also a famous destination for EV training, this is one of the more important cities in kanto.

So why, oh why
Should we not be provided greater accessibility to Fuchsia City?
Currently Fuchsia City is covered by dangerous waters on the west/south and never ending maps with infinite NPCs on the north/east.
This can be easily fixed by adding a Ferry Port to Route 19 - Making me and many others happy.
The game is supposed to be challenging, not inconvenient.
So who wants this?

Goku-

Even a tram station would be fine. The routes to fucshia are brutal. I wouldn't mind having a way to each town, it would be a replacement for "fly" from the original games.

mad30

Youngster
Future~Sight said:
We, the players, are lazy.
The game is supposed to be challenging, not inconvenient.

Full disclosure, this is a brag, and I do support the general idea of the topic, however the way it's posted bugs me.

In my former pwo life, I have often mentioned about giving players something that makes them just a little lazy, they will demand more to be even more lazy. Give the players an inch, they will eventually demand a mile.

For the longest time, there was no transportation system, and many on the staff did not want to provide an HM fly as it was in the handhelds. I came up with a system that provide quicker transportation for the players while also being very practical. 2 of the goals I wanted this system to include was having at least 1 connecting "hubs" for each transportation type (city with both train and ferry, note this was prior to air tram), and to make it so every city was 1 town away from a transportation city.

The fact that you call that inconvenient I have a problem with. Could it be more convenient? Sure, but if pwo was to implement everything that would be more convenient than it currently is it would turn into smoggon. Leveling takes too long, lets just auto level to 100. Finding pokemon takes too long, lets just give players w/e pokes they want.

Edit: this should be in the complaint box if that was the intention of this post. Or the suggestion box, hard to tell from the tone of op

I support this suggestion, but not the way it was suggested and sincerely hope the staff rewards suggestions that are created in a more pleasant tone than this semi-whiny pile of poo.

Tendou

Johto Safari has a transportation system so why not Kanto safari? The same way its a pain to walk to johto safari applies to kanto safari.

I support that if we remove useless spots placed for some transportations like Cerulean's tram. Why is that tram there if you usually land on saffron to head there? The tram that links to cerulean arent commonly used to land on kanto, and even if somebody uses it to head to CC you must do that from Blackthorn, Ecruteak or Silver Town.

mad30

Youngster
Tendou said:
Johto Safari has a transportation system so why not Kanto safari? The same way its a pain to walk to johto safari applies to kanto safari.
Um, the transportation system going to johto safari is just a coincidence, it's meant to go to the gym as for many players theres no other way to get there. so your point is mute, its no different than a ferry to cinnabar.

Tendou said:
I support that if we remove useless spots placed for some transportations like Cerulean's tram. Why is that tram there if you usually land on saffron to head there? The tram that links to cerulean arent commonly used to land on kanto, and even if somebody uses it to head to CC you must do that from Blackthorn, Ecruteak or Silver Town.
Why remove these "useless" transportation spots when there is no harm with them being there? first of all, the idea for cerulean having a spot was balance. The tram spots were placed in mountain areas and a balance for both region. the tram goes to a city at a base of each side of the mountain (cerulean and ecruteak), 1 in the middle (silver town) and 1 between silver town and the base (pewter and blackthorn)

not everything about creating a game is for just game play in mind. while that is the number 1 priority, a fun game, logical world and story development needs to be considered and have some focus to provide a good world balance and context. Remember that tram is close to c-cave so its not completely useless.

edit: the original plan had a ferry stop at fuchsia, not 100% sure why it didnt make it to the final draft, but I do remember wanting a balance of stops between the two region, similar to the tram i described above, and cut fuschia because vermilion, cinnabar, and pallet took up kantos 3 stops and fuchsia was that 1 city away from a stop anyways. looking back if this was the definitive reason, i should have broken this goal/guidline as fuchsia is prolly the most annoying town to go to currently.

Stops:
Tram
Kanto: Pewter, Cerulean
Neutral: Silver town (main hub)(connecting hub)
Johto: ecruteak, blackthorn
2-1-2

Train
kanto: Viridian City, saffron city (main hub)
neutral: Silver town (main hub)(connecting hub)
johto: cherrygrove city(connecting hub), goldenrod city (main hub)

ferry
kanto: vermilion city, cinnabar island, pallet town
neutral: seven island (was not in original implementation)
johto: cherrygrove city (connecting hub), olivine city, cianwood city

Taking away the tram as that came latter, the train and ferry was very well developed so that the train went to 3 main hubs (main form of transportation) with the cherrygrove being a connecting hub to the ferry towns. Trams came latter and was built based along similar principles of balance cities for each region and included 1 connecting hub with the main form of transportation. There was no way for the tram to have a logical connecting hub with the ferry system. However the route between olivine and ecruteak is relatively small, so was seen as being good enough.