Friendly Suggestions on things to Fix/Add/Change/etc. :)

Jetit

Hey guys,
Little intro about myself, I'm a big pokemon fan, and a MMOrpg fan. I'm a (young, but somewhat experienced) Graphic designer, having done a notable amount of logos, posters, etc, for local companies in the city I live in. (SJ, NB. Canada). I've played PWO for little over a few months, and have left and came back on and off. Why? Well, I love the game. It's actually great! But the overall "appeal" compared to other Pokemon MMO's, is lower on the chart. And what I mean by this is Cleaness, smoothness, gameplay, etc. And I know people are gonna criticize me, but I'm fully aware the game is still early in developpement. It has a long was to go and I know. This is just a list of things ***I*** (I'm aloud to have thoughts, it's a right.) think would bring in more players, get players to stay more, and for longer durations, and even bring in more money, and more fun, to the game.

*Things listed in BOLD are things (i) think are highly important*

Here's my list of things I think would be good to do/add to the game (Obvious and Not):
-Follower pokemon sprites to be larger (for some pokemon). I find the pokemon that are meant to be the size of (or larger) than people in the anime (snorlax, charziard, etc) should be the same size (Or larger, but still only taking up one square of space, as sprites currently do). It feels wierd being bigger than Blastoise etc.
-Make the Combat interface screen more.. "Attractive". By this, I mean do something around the lines of making the item/run/fight/pokemon tabs a bit smaller, tidy up the battlelog beside it so it dosen't feel "in the way", etc.
-Make it so you don't see who won the battle/how much exp/money you receive for winning, prior to actually seeing yourself win. It takes away part of the fun of knowing if your last move hit or not, etc :p
-Make it so when you have less than 6 pokemon, you can put some in the PC. A lot of players dont like feeling like they HAVE to have 6 pokemon out at all times.
-Make the choice of moves tab bigger, more attractive somehow. Not so dull/small/boring.
-Give players a bit of customization choices (clothes,hair,skin,etc maybe?), and maybe even offer a way for them to pay real money to buy extra things. (Bringing in money for game)
-Fix the bug where sometimes when you come out of battle your follower pokemon is in an in-accessible area (Building, tree, etc)
-Remove pokeballs from below wild pokemons hp/exp bar. Looks very odd and feels wierd.
-*Working on adding more as I play more and more, stay tuned :)*
-The exp bars at the top of the screen, below your pokemons HP bars, are extremely off and inaccurate. Be a good idea to fix this.
-Add in-game exp bars for your pokemon.
-Fix the bug where it's possible to start combat between pokemon before you and whoever you're going against have released your pokemon (NPC & PvP)
-Make it so we Jump over those small ledges, not just teleport.
-In Combat, when using a move, it would look a lot more attractive if it said "_ Pokemon used (move)!" instead of the current "_Pokemon attacked _Pokemon with (move)!" Since sometimes when a pokemon uses rest, etc, it dosen't make sense that (example): "Snorlax attacked Butterfree with Rest!".
-When a pokemon has a status effect (poisoned, sleep, etc) make it show somewheres in the HP tab thing in game, and towards the top of the screen where your pokemon are listed.
-As much as I freaking love this game, the bank... just makes me want to toss my pc out the window. It would look 200x better if you could fit more along the lines of 30+ Pokemon per Box Slot or whatever they're called. The pokemon are way too big, and spaces too few.
-I think it would feel better if the pokemon tab at the top of the screen wasen't so large. To be honest it should be fine the way it is but to me that's a more personal opinion.
-When I play pokemon, as with many others, i like to try and catch all the pokemon and record them. Gotta catch em' all! It would be really nice to know if you've caught the pokemon that just appeared or not. Just like in the real pokemon series, there's a colored in pokeball to tell you. Once you start to get a large number of pokemon it's hard to keep track if you've ownt/own that pokemon before.
-You should be able to drag pokemon between 1st/2nd/3rd(etc) slots in your party, and drag them between your bank and your party.
-Add PP to moves.
-Fix the bug that when your pokemon gets hit by a move that kills it, your pokemons HP goes full then drops all the way.
-Make it so the battlelog in combat tells when a critical hit has occurred.

Keep up the good work Devs! :)

Add me in game: "Betit" If you want to talk to me about this post, or even suggest stuff to add to it. Thanks :)

Saric

Youngster
Re: List of Suggestions.

1). Typing /ref should fix this. It's just lag.
2). I agree. It looks a bit boring right now.
3). I agree somewhat. It would be nice, but I wouldn't call it a huge pressing issue.
4). This would (probably) need some sort of major server overhaul I imagine.
5). Same as #2.
6). This is being worked on. Alternate sprites will eventually be made available to the public!
7). I don't really agree with this. Membership already exists (it boosts exp and money gained as well as giving a higher shiny pokemon chance). Anything beyond this would give too much of an air of elitism to those who donated for it.
8. Natures and EVs dont exist in PWO yet and likely won't for a long while. IVs do, however, and you can view them by typing /iv position number.
9). While this is mildly annoying, this is more of an aesthetic thing that doesn't really need to be worked on too much I feel.
10). I agree. It has no business being there for wild pokes.
11). Inaccurate how? It has been known to freeze, but switching positions with the pokemon refreshes it.
12). Again, more of an aesthetic thing and I really wouldn't call it a huge issue.
13). There is no rep requirement to trade. You only need access to Saffron City or Olivine City.
14). This is more of a cosmetic issue more than anything else. It doesn't really affect gameplay.
15). This would be nice to have, however I'm sure something is holding it back otherwise it would've been done by now.

Jetit

Haha thanks for the update :) I edited the post somewhat since I didnt know a few things were in work or easily fixable!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

Jetit said:
Friendly Bump :)

There is no need to bump your post. You had a fairly detailed reply and there isn't much to add to that. I would just suggest you get to know the game a bit better yourself, then when you are more informed by personal experience and from looking through the forums and PWO wiki etc your suggestions will become more specific and useful.

A lot of what you have suggested definitely needs the new client, such as making the buttons prettier and combat messages transparent or even just less bulky. There is nothing that can be done about that currently as current staff do not have access to the client source code.

I'm not sure if it's possible to stop us from hitting a pokemon before it is 'out' and ready. It has been looked at I know, but a workable solution has obviously not been found yet and may also have to wait for the new client since I believe it is at least partially a client/server communication issue. In the meantime the simple fix is to be patient. Too often spamming moves or moving too quickly will just freeze your battle giving you an instant loss in NPC battles.

Please read this about bumping posts:

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=15377

Jetit

Was not aware ^ Thank you :) And I'll keep that all in mind!