flawed battling systems/disconnecting in battle

maadoo

i was battling the other night and my opponent kept changing his pokemon and avoided getting hit by any of my attacks and when i do the same i get hit by his attacks  . and it made me wonder about this so called bug and when will it be fixed, or how close r u guys of fixing it , becoz let s admit that battling other trainers online is the best thing about pwo and it s a shame that players can take advantage of a bug like that.

another problem is disconnecting in battle , because in the same battle i mentioned in the 1st paragraph , i almost defeated my opponent and he disconnected so it didn t count as a win for me or a loss to him .  so why don t the staff just make disconnecting in battle a loss on the trainer ID and a win for the person who remained in battle?   

thanks for your time guys and we appreciate all the hardwork the staff puts in this game!

Zack_XD

The only thing they can do about disconnection is probably automatically set it as a win. If you think someone is cheating make a video as proof and report it.

maadoo

it can t be cheating if it s a bug and everybody is taking advantage of it (switching in battle) , so my question is if it is going to get fixed any time soon!!?? and why don t they make diconnections automatic wins?

Zack_XD

maadoo said:
it can t be cheating if it s a bug and everybody is taking advantage of it (switching in battle) , so my question is if it is going to get fixed any time soon!!?? and why don t they make diconnections automatic wins?
Will it be fixed?yes. When, not so sure.

D

dracoattacker

Blansoul said:
Disconnecting should count as win/loss. No doubt!

I know some people disconnect if they are losing, but the Disconnection option was put there for such a reason. Some people disconnect if they are losing, but some disconnect by accident (like me). that way you wont get too many losses just because of your internet disconnecting.

maadoo

yea i get ur point , but pwo can t take it on a case to case basis for example let s say that a small minority of the players hv slow connection but the vast majority has fast connection and they cheat the system by disconnecting so that they wouldn t lose . pwo should protect the players who hv earned their victories by recording it as a win

Saric

Youngster
Being able to switch pokemon isn't a bug..it's a strategy. But if people are abusing it, record it and put it on youtube then report it in community watch.
If they set disconnects as a win for the other player, it would just be easier to abuse it and farm wins and rep.

maadoo

i don t mean the switching itself just the fact that sometimes it counts as a turn and sometimes not , ( it should always count as a turn and the switched pok should always be attacked )

maadoo

ok saric if not wins than LOSSES for the 1 who disconnects so that he would think twice before disconnecting

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
it can t be cheating if it s a bug and everybody is taking advantage of it (switching in battle)

Just because a bunch of people are doing something doesn't make it right, just saying. If a mob of people start looting, they're still looting. The number of people is irrelevant when it comes to whether or not something is morally correct.

As for when it will be fixed? The entire battle system needs a do-over. We've heard "We're working on it!" for years but none of those promises have yet been fulfilled, so...who knows?

ok saric if not wins than LOSSES for the 1 who disconnects so that he would think twice before disconnecting

hm...what about, if you have x number of disconnects, you get some sort of penalty? (your overall exp gain is lowered for a week or something?) No idea how that'd be coded.

King

if the server could distinguish between an accident disconnect and a wanted disconnect it would be good. like if some one clicks on X or type /quit during battle it should be counted as win or disconnected by lag or something should be counted as  DC.  :p

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I was under the impression that there was a system message when a person with a certain amount/percentage of disconnects wants to battle. Or was that never put in?

maadoo

i have no idea! chocobo but it would be a start! or maybe they can ban players for having a certain percentage of the total battles played