Farewell PWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor.Oak

See yah Shane,
I couldn't agree with your high school comment any more, both you and staff have 0 communication skills, its like a little girls dressing room where everyone just talks about each other. As an on-looker it's hilarious, as a once avid-PWO player, it's disappointing to say the least.

knotzl02

Shane, I really appreciate all you have done for PWO, you made this game a lot better than it was. It is sad seeing you to leave this way. I wish you only the best for your future and for your own game <3

ajolsem07

i just started playing this pokemon mmo and i got to say it brought back a lot of memories of the gameboy days, and i didn't know the team very well but as i was playing i noticed the team was involved with the players, and i really enjoyed that. so a couple days in the game now i felt like i was starting to understand how the gm's and dev's were and it was awesome. iv'e never seen an online game where the gm's and dev's were so involved with there players it kept me smiling and helped with enjoying the game. and Shane i didnt know you very well but i heard so much and saw so much with you. so i feel i can say i'm going to miss you. this is an awesome game. Thanks for everything Shane.

M4t!j4

Although I only recently joined the PWO I constantly heard a lot about this Shane guy and had no clue who that was. As I progressed with game I could clearly see it was improving on daily basis so I finally realised how important you are for this community. This is indeed an awesome game, and u certainly did great job making it so. You will be missed and thanks for everything.

Thor

For all those singing his praises, be aware he always does this, active for a couple of weeks, gets everyone to love him and praise him, and then just leaves the game in the lurch. Think about what he has done now before you say he is amazing, 2 devs and an admin have left, and now he has left the game with pretty much noone to develop it. He treats this as a plaything. The game has no client or server dev now. Before he came it had someone working on a new client and a server dev fixing things.

Zywa-Torpeda

I belive that ends our hopes for client 2.0. Sry to hear your quiting shane... so much good work for nothing...

JasonVibe

stop this childish behaviour , behave like real game owners , inform your community properly, get a decent , not cry baby developer and run the game. If you can't do one of these steps just close it now so we dont waste more time on children's games.

rainion

and what about people's money? we paid good money to keep this game going, not for it to just die, and what about the people with ms and all that you got customers (kinda) you cant just shut the game down or w.e

Talon

No reason to hide anything anymore. I can clearly see why you left. I was even there during the drama. I am going to start describe what i think the reason is.
Shane returned not while to start working on the game he previously revived with xanatus. This game was pretty much dead till he returned. Staff constantly removed the features like auction house and so on. Game started to die shortly after. I am not saying that staff did nothing, i am saying what was done for real. Auction was server side code and it was taken out without any fix. It was taken out by blurise who promised new one on the playerdex few years ago. to make better they made retarded system for register. Game had no battle updates at all. It was teckician who tried to fix something but he did what he could until he left. We mostly received dead updates that has nothng with pokemons much.
With years and many time staff started to be based around same people and same ideas. People tried to join but they couldnt. Those ones who could have some chances were selected by the people with same ideology. From that point they even started to take someone just because they "like" them. This is where most of things go wrong. People with similar stance and opinion are in. Those one who rebels will be voted out on their private channels. You can see mister eastwood as sample. His own people turned against him for the reason because they are group of people with same opinion. People simply start bother higher ranks to vote out. This is not way PWO staff. Staff started to form again and again collecting the people they "THINK" are worthy. I know at least 100 people who left and actually knew something about pokemon. Again and again same people stayed. I know people can busy but this is too much. What ever you do takes ages to happen.
Shane returned, he returned where all those staff remained. He returned asking where is everybody. where are people he used to work with and friends. Only group of people with same thinking left. You can't expect shane being except. And that actually happened he was not counted by those people. They reason why he asked players input and help can be descrbed by those words also. you do realise all years that things are falling apart somethinh was never right and you never fixed that. Best way you see that staff Rigaudon or CheckeredZebra. He posts on forums and interefere in discussion because he wants everything to be like he wants. look shiny ivs topic he obviusly wants to have like he wants and that is not good. all those years your idelogy proven to be wrong. Please change that.
NOW seriously, how many players and staff left because Shane and HOW many staff and players left because other staff? when shane returned people actually started to give this game another chance. Shane had to fix half mess you made. 0 players left becise him. few staff left saying becacuse of shane. They dont even know the guy they only know what other staff told them. This is totally wrong. If you really plan to be like that then you better be leave your chair. All these years you had a chance. Shane returned and you dont want updates. Please again no offense. But you failed. Please fix that. dont cry and beg someone with rank in your private channel, think about people and players. You are making yourself look bad. PWO staff can be described as a one person because they al have same thinking. If you can fix this then better will be. You made shane to think about quiting just because you did nothing viable these years. Please take this critic like a real man. I wish you the best.

ajolsem07

Dont just give up on PWO ... cause people have put money into this game and time, and had some good times. how can anyone just yank this away if it dies now it will never become what it really could. I think you guys need to just push through this and keep on making the game better the best that you can. yeah you guys were going at a great pace, but look at other games out there they have weekly, to monthly maintenance. if that's what ya'll have to do so be it.. but if you are able to release little stuff here and there that's great too. just dont give up on the game. i finally feel i found a game that i can enjoy playing without it being heavily relied on for either graphics, or story, or quests.. this game just brought back so many memories the best parts of my childhood when i played the original games.

Buggot

Wait, is this real? :( Nooooo....
Best of luck to you in the future. I sincerely is a joke, or maybe you will rethink..
EDIT:
Is Xan our last Dev?

Arnie

TIGI said:
No reason to hide anything anymore. I can clearly see why you left. I was even there during the drama. I am going to start describe what i think the reason is.
Shane returned not while to start working on the game he previously revived with xanatus. This game was pretty much dead till he returned. Staff constantly removed the features like auction house and so on. Game started to die shortly after. I am not saying that staff did nothing, i am saying what was done for real. Auction was server side code and it was taken out without any fix. It was taken out by blurise who promised new one on the playerdex few years ago. to make better they made retarded system for register. Game had no battle updates at all. It was teckician who tried to fix something but he did what he could until he left. We mostly received dead updates that has nothng with pokemons much.
With years and many time staff started to be based around same people and same ideas. People tried to join but they couldnt. Those ones who could have some chances were selected by the people with same ideology. From that point they even started to take someone just because they "like" them. This is where most of things go wrong. People with similar stance and opinion are in. Those one who rebels will be voted out on their private channels. You can see mister eastwood as sample. His own people turned against him for the reason because they are group of people with same opinion. People simply start bother higher ranks to vote out. This is not way PWO staff. Staff started to form again and again collecting the people they "THINK" are worthy. I know at least 100 people who left and actually knew something about pokemon. Again and again same people stayed. I know people can busy but this is too much. What ever you do takes ages to happen.
Shane returned, he returned where all those staff remained. He returned asking where is everybody. where are people he used to work with and friends. Only group of people with same thinking left. You can't expect shane being except. And that actually happened he was not counted by those people. They reason why he asked players input and help can be descrbed by those words also. you do realise all years that things are falling apart somethinh was never right and you never fixed that. Best way you see that staff Rigaudon or CheckeredZebra. He posts on forums and interefere in discussion because he wants everything to be like he wants. look shiny ivs topic he obviusly wants to have like he wants and that is not good. all those years your idelogy proven to be wrong. Please change that.
NOW seriously, how many players and staff left because Shane and HOW many staff and players left because other staff? when shane returned people actually started to give this game another chance. Shane had to fix half mess you made. 0 players left becise him. few staff left saying becacuse of shane. They dont even know the guy they only know what other staff told them. This is totally wrong. If you really plan to be like that then you better be leave your chair. All these years you had a chance. Shane returned and you dont want updates. Please again no offense. But you failed. Please fix that. dont cry and beg someone with rank in your private channel, think about people and players. You are making yourself look bad. PWO staff can be described as a one person because they al have same thinking. If you can fix this then better will be. You made shane to think about quiting just because you did nothing viable these years. Please take this critic like a real man. I wish you the best.

wait...what was that in english?

Xanatus

TIGI said:
There is some truth in there for sure.

Buggot said:
Is Xan our last Dev?
I fear so.

rainion

ajolsem07 said:
Dont just give up on PWO ... cause people have put money into this game and time, and had some good times. how can anyone just yank this away if it dies now it will never become what it really could. I think you guys need to just push through this and keep on making the game better the best that you can. yeah you guys were going at a great pace, but look at other games out there they have weekly, to monthly maintenance. if that's what ya'll have to do so be it.. but if you are able to release little stuff here and there that's great too. just dont give up on the game. i finally feel i found a game that i can enjoy playing without it being heavily relied on for either graphics, or story, or quests.. this game just brought back so many memories the best parts of my childhood when i played the original games.

well said exactly the point i was tring to make :D, so xan since your on here can u tell us all what is going on and put us out our misery please

GawertyXL

Honestly, I think this is a load of crap. PWO has gone from August 15, 2011 till very recently with no proper client dev, and it still lasted. we still have a community and we can still play. Its not over, yet every assumes just because we don't have shane, that the community is done and that pwo is over. Boo hoo, Shane is gone, oh well. PWO has suffered worse (Zidonuke ring a bell?). We will pull through because of the amazing people we have now that haven't given up. I know PWO will pull through. it always does.

Status
Not open for further replies.