EV Yield

Harp

Is there any way we can place the EV Yield within the game? I'm meaning each EV's the Pokemon gives. I think it would make sense to put it in the Pokedex. That way people aren't googling or asking "What EV does this give?" It just seems to make sense with the Pokedex since it gives more information than a standard Pokedex in the game. Just an idea. - Harper

mad30

Youngster
This gives me an idea.

What if PWO had 3 different types of pokedex's players could unlock? Like a tier system. 1st Tier would be basic information just about the pokemon the player has seen and caught. Tier 2 would unlock what moves the pokemon can learn naturally and the location they can be found at. Tier 3 unlocks what moves pokemon can learn via TM, move tutor, and breeding as well as what EVs the pokemon give out.

Either way, I think the pokedex should be expanded upon to provide additional information.

Harp

That would be a good idea. I'm thinking Tier 1 would be at the beginning. Tier 2 would be after you complete your first region. Tier 3 would be after the second. That seems to make the most sense to me.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I have to say, I like the concept of a Pokédex that becomes more detailed the further you get into the game; and the idea of using the badges as a qualifier could also allow the introduction of regional Pokédexes. I think we could look into an idea like this; however, I will say it's something I don't see as likely any time soon, as it would require a large amount of changes to the client to both change the way the current in-game Pokédex works and to implement alternatives.