End of PWO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedenite

There are ways to promote, facebook is free, make a video on youtube also, as for the brand, it is not necessary to write "POKEMON" only pwo and several images of the game. But at this rate, the game is doomed, if they look at the server does not exceed 10%, it is very little. A shame the truth.

Rigaudon

Youngster
We do not want a ton of players right now. More would be great, but we are trying to fix the massive issue with coding and design first. Having fewer people means less awful bugs or damage to the game if something goes wrong. It also means we can focus on development instead of drama.

This game does have several "doom" conditions, but also strong "win" conditions. We'll be fine if everyone in staff works hard and well.

Edit: once we have unique, fully functioning features we have planned in place, I would start looking at promoting ourselves. We just aren't at that point yet.

Kazuto2

yeah its quieter but sooner or later . the hype and heat of the game will be back .
and Im looking for it to happen. Think positive :)

Jhaxion

I'm an old player as well, my original account was created in the early days of pwo back when kyro owned it. I've seen the game grow and decline and stayed patient when things were promise. This is also the exact reason why I'm not active withing the community anymore. PWO was a great game and I loved it for many years but i wouldn't count it out just yet. If changes are being made and things are done correctly it could eventually mark a major comeback for what I knew to be the best pokemon mmo during my time as an active member,

Kazuto2

Jhaxion said:
I'm an old player as well, my original account was created in the early days of pwo back when kyro owned it. I've seen the game grow and decline and stayed patient when things were promise. This is also the exact reason why I'm not active withing the community anymore. PWO was a great game and I loved it for many years but i wouldn't count it out just yet. If changes are being made and things are done correctly it could eventually mark a major comeback for what I knew to be the best pokemon mmo during my time as an active member,

yeah .. come back is real ":)

Jhaxion

Kazuto2 said:
yeah .. come back is real ":)

I mean for all it's short comings pwo has come an extremely long way just be thankful you guys are on version 1.97 and arent stuck with this version
XyEW7B4.png

Attic

DomT. is 100% right. Others who are battling him just don't want to notice evident things.
There can't be the game without "ohh piece of candy" at all. Because when new player joins it and sees there are no candies, he leaves instantly.
I'm sure PWO didn't get many active new players in 2016-2017. Isn't it an indicator of improper way we are going?

Electrofreak

What I meant by "piece of candy" is something that was implemented in the short term that had negative long term consequences. Like for instance having all these rare spawns in every event early on made it really hard for events to be meaningful now. It set the standard too high to be sustainable. We had events give out 2-3 new pokemon every time. The situation then turned into an event is garbage if it doesn't have 2-3 new pokemon in it.

That was bad design. That was "ooh piece of candy" and things alongside that. A staff member added an NPC for dusk stone after it was made as a hard to obtain drop. What was going to function as something newbie-friendly so they could sell things for money deflated over night due to this NPC. This is "oh piece of candy."

DomT is actually incorrect and hardly even plays to understand what is even going on and the same can be said of yourself. I see neither of you on the discord actually trying to make meaningful contributions so if you feel the need to complain, how about you come up with an idea? It's easy to throw rocks from a glass house but a lot harder to actually pick up a hammer and do some thinking and work and contribute.

Attic

Electrofreak said:
What I meant by "piece of candy" is something that was implemented in the short term that had negative long term consequences.  Like for instance having all these rare spawns in every event early on made it really hard for events to be meaningful now.  It set the standard too high to be sustainable.  We had events give out 2-3 new pokemon every time.   The situation then turned into an event is garbage if it doesn't have 2-3 new pokemon in it.

That was bad design.  That was "ooh piece of candy" and things alongside that.  A staff member added an NPC for dusk stone after it was made as a hard to obtain drop. What was going to function as something newbie-friendly so they could sell things for money  deflated over night due to this NPC.    This is "oh piece of candy."

DomT is actually incorrect and hardly even plays to understand what is even going on and the same can be said of yourself. I see neither of you on the discord actually trying to make meaningful contributions so if you feel the need to complain, how about you come up with an idea?  It's easy to throw rocks from a glass house but a lot harder to actually pick up a hammer and do some thinking and work and contribute.

I expected such words. OK. I was sure the reaction would be like this - "you are nobody and know nothing". I posted not to argue with you, but to show to DomT and other adequate users that they are not alone. Only the facts:
1) we are losing old players
2) we don't get many new active players
3) we've been hearing about adding Hoenn and other new contacts for years
And you and the remaining community say it's OK. No, it's not OK.
As for you and other gurus - I apologize to show any opinion different from yours. Keep shining, glorious ubermen.

Rigaudon

Youngster
We have promised to fix moves, update the PC system, add held items, and eventually get to Hoenn. With no deadline. We aren't paid, so things go slowly. We have fulfilled most of our promises so far. Now if you want to chill out and distance yourself from PWO until then, that's fine. Nobody is holding anyone hostage here. (Except for me to myself, because I like to fulfill what I said I would or maybe I'm a masochist.)

What is not fine is to come on here taking potshots about how the game is dead, how nobody should have hope anymore, etc. At it's best, it's hostile and provocative.

Acting like we're just closing our eyes going "nothing is wrong" is ignorant. We face our problems up front and try to overcome our odds with hard work and a strong sense of responsibility. There is a massive difference between the two, yet other people are mistaking us for the first. Maybe some people want to believe we are the first, for whatever reason. That's their problem, not ours.

Like Attic said, smaller numbers don't make an opinion wrong. Same with PWO: Smaller numbers don't make us dead.

My opinion is that PWO has the potential to kick ***. Will we? That depends if we push through on our end and we have enough monetary support from players. The second is taken care of, so we have to follow through with the first. We have a lot of talk and a ton of ideas, but it's been a painful process just to get to them. Things are so fundamentally broken that the past few years have been spent just fixing crap.

As you can see, we're determined and hopeful. There is nothing wrong or shameful about that; trying to finish what was started is in most cultures admirable.

...I was going to leave it at that, and leave the topic open, but there's an issue.

As for you and other gurus - I apologize to show any opinion different from yours. Keep shining, glorious ubermen.

This is another easy misunderstanding, like the "people are pretending everything is ok" vs "people are acknowledging they have problems but are hopeful anyway" one.
Electro engaging in an opinion he disagrees with is not the same as not tolerating a different opinion.

What you have done is essentially:
A) Say your opinion is right.
B) Repeat the same opinion when somebody else took the time to reply to you with new clarification/meaning.
C) Insist that the existence of contrary opinion to yours is not because you're potentially incorrect, but because of this community's "intolerance" to different opinions.

That's not constructive or useful. It's a strawman, and one laced with hostility.

I can't tolerate that here. It just causes conflict and destroys any possibility that the topic can be constructive.

That single sentence, that path you went down, is a really good way to get topics locked. Because no matter what was said after that, you could just keep repeating points and insist people were just intolerant of you for not agreeing.

That used to be OK 3-4 years ago, but I won't be allowing that to happen again. Consider this a warning before I start outright deleting non-constructive/provocative replies. Work with the community/staff to keep PWO an interesting place by keeping discussion possible and constructive.

This was the opposite of that, so this topic is Locked.
If somebody wants to revive a similar discussion or complain, feel free to. If you have an issue with this or want to continue the discussion for whatever reason, take it to PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.