End of PWO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomT.

Youngster
It's been a while, isn't it? "Pokemon World Online", Everytime I hear this only one thing comes in my mind, "Used to be a great game".What now? Nothing.The game's dead and it won't be same as the game used to 2-3 years ago.It's so sad to see Naero's post "What would you like to suggest to improve the wiki? ", Ridefromruins's post  "PWO on Mac?Oh Yes!..", the trade section,guild section.. Everything seems so faded like there's nothing left ahead.There used to be a time when pwo was the cooliest,Weekly tourneys,Fun at all channel..Things would have been still alright if Shane was here. I guess it would be better if you guys could close this game,Why are you guys wasting your time on a Pokemon game which wasn't even able to provide you a third region and they keep on saying "Road to Hoenn".. Blah blah blah blah,I joined this game in the end of December 2012 with alternative account,I asked one of the players when Hoenn will be added,He said "Staff is working it from past 1 year and hoenn will be added in most likely at the end of 2013,Meh!

Maybe there's hunger in PWO's blood.

LunaticJames

Content maker
Ohai there :3

Is true that the game is quieter than usual. I also recall the days around beginning of 2012 when we had over 1100 players online concurrently, and huge seasonal events that would make people go insane just to find the must have thing.
But of course times do change and a lot has been changing here, and a lot of good has come from it all. You should know that very well by now ;3

A lot of focus has shifted from temporary events to more permanent content, and the foundations for said content moving forwards. We're not rewriting a billion NPC's in another language just to close anything down :p
Not sure why the grim outlook, but do guess you're looking back with fond memories and compare them to what you expected to see, so can only assume that things only get worse from here, though that is not so.

There is much hunger in the life blood. I believe you would have read the topic that outlines our path, and that is still the goal set forwards.
The show shall go on~

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
as what Luna said i would say that the game have improuved in a looooot of other things ( no more bugs and if they happen it is rarely ) also for hoeen and sevii islands they working on them atm they need to rewrite every Npc in game ( you know how many right ? ) so it will take some time also i would like to say another thing that you may not found it in any other pokemon game: best community ever also we still have fun as always in all channel sometimes and ther's events just join as for 1 or 2 months and you will see by yourself :)
bro the game is going to back to the old days :)
cye around and gl

Saric

Youngster
Maaaaybe leave and don't come back then.

PWO is still being worked on and updated. The players that we have are more or less happy with the game. PWO is right in the middle of moving away from Xanascript to LUA and that takes time to do. After it's done sevii should come a bit quicker then hoenn after.

We honestly don't need people like you poisoning the water, all is well here, if you don't like it, leave.

Electrofreak

There are other games with like-minded individuals. Feel free to join one of those. It's a lot easier to push content out and get people to be happy that way rather than sustain a game by fixing its problems and putting content on the backburner until then.

I'd much rather a game where the focus is meant for long-term development rather than "oh piece of candy....oh piece of candy!" every other month. But hey, you are entitled to your opinion.

DomT.

Youngster
Saric said:
Maaaaybe leave and don't come back then.

PWO is still being worked on and updated. The players that we have are more or less happy with the game. PWO is right in the middle of moving away from Xanascript to LUA and that takes time to do. After it's done sevii should come a bit quicker then hoenn after.

We honestly don't need people like you poisoning the water, all is well here, if you don't like it, leave.

My intentions were never to poison the water..All I wanted to say is that the game is not much active like it used to be,Ofcourse the game has developed alot and the staff are still trying their best but if you look back 2-3 years ago..Game used to be pretty much active ( More likely crowded) I just miss those days.

Krysi

Local Scapegoat
Website
anilist.co
DomT. said:
My intentions were never to poison the water..All I wanted to say is that the game is not much active like it used to be,Ofcourse the game has developed alot and the staff are still trying their best but if you look back 2-3 years ago..Game used to be pretty much active ( More likely crowded) I just miss those days.

All older games suffer a loss of players eventually, it happens. A loss of players doesn't necessarily mean the end though. Players will never agree 100% with all the changes that are made to the game, unfortunately some choose to quit because of those changes. Others quit simply because it's Pokémon, understandably the hype dies after a while. The people that choose to stay here despite those facts are proof of the game's potential though and that PWO is in fact still very alive. Have a little more faith in us, players and staff alike.

Never judge a book by its cover.

Electrofreak

For someone who didn't mean to poison the water, you seemed to reference an awful lot of posts from a certain era of time that definitely did intend to poison the water and were used during that time for such.

For someone who didn't mean to poison the water you seem to prefer a time when the water was actually poisoned with broken systems, bad management, and mutual disdain within staff was actually the norm.

Again, "ooh piece of candy" vs actually fixing problems. The former definitely can bring players but that isn't what gets them to stay. Once the problems are fixed the numbers will pick back up. Pokemon GO's release sent us beyond server capacity for a while. Players are fickle and are honestly easy to get. Systems are not that way and it is far harder to have a properly functioning mmo environment than it is to hold an event or release something to temporarily boost the numbers.

Go on back home. You aren't fooling anyone here. We know what you came for and you just wanted to see if you could get away with it.

ohlssonpower

Here we go again! Another negative post by "shane-fans". You have no right to tell us what to do with our free time, if we want to play this awesome game we will do so for eternity!!

Be gone!

luigi55

As someone who knew Shane relatively well in his time with PWO, what happened to this game had nothing to do with him leaving. It was a varying set of circumstances that were partially listed out by my old buddy James up there. I loved this game back in the days, but that doesn't mean that the game is any less great now than it was back then. If anything its better, but does not have the following it used to to push the game to its limits like it was before.

Look up my friends. This game isn't dead, it's merely hit a rough patch like it has before ??

chomikpl

Did anyone think of making some events such as double xp, or increased drops on weekends? That's what all the other games and apps do to keep the users interested.

Nshims

Well done, we all know that the team is working on some things,
it's not good to increase the number of tasks, this will only make things take longer than expected.
Let's stay calm and wait for the team to finish what they are doing so they can move on.

Klay

Youngster
I doubt a double exp drop week-end would bring more players/make them wish to stay, the exp system is already easy as hell. About lowering rarity of some poks during week-ends, other than it never brang new players nor keeping players who don't come often/anymore ingame, it already happens (some week-ends) and it's called "swarm".

fedenite

DomT. said:
It's been a while, isn't it? "Pokemon World Online", Everytime I hear this only one thing comes in my mind, "Used to be a great game".What now? Nothing.The game's dead and it won't be same as the game used to 2-3 years ago.It's so sad to see Naero's post "What would you like to suggest to improve the wiki? ", Ridefromruins's post  "PWO on Mac?Oh Yes!..", the trade section,guild section.. Everything seems so faded like there's nothing left ahead.There used to be a time when pwo was the cooliest,Weekly tourneys,Fun at all channel..Things would have been still alright if Shane was here. I guess it would be better if you guys could close this game,Why are you guys wasting your time on a Pokemon game which wasn't even able to provide you a third region and they keep on saying "Road to Hoenn".. Blah blah blah blah,I joined this game in the end of December 2012 with alternative account,I asked one of the players when Hoenn will be added,He said "Staff is working it from past 1 year and hoenn will be added in most likely at the end of 2013,Meh!

Maybe there's hunger in PWO's blood.

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The game is good, but it has some sense what the Lord says, should promote more the game in other Spanish speaking countries, in South America we are very fanatic of pokemon, I am Argentine but by chance I find out about the game[/font]

fedenite

The game is good, but it has some sense what the Lord says, should promote more the game in other Spanish speaking countries, in South America we are very fanatic of pokemon, I am Argentine but by chance I find out about the game

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
fedenite said:
The game is good, but it has some sense what the Lord says, should promote more the game in other Spanish speaking countries, in South America we are very fanatic of pokemon, I am Argentine but by chance I find out about the game

They are not legally allowed to promote the game from what I've understood due to the fact Nintendo could have them shut down. Plus this is a non-profit game and thus there are not enough funds to actually pay for ads even if they could. :)

fedenite

Jobey said:
fedenite said:

They are not legally allowed to promote the game from what I've understood due to the fact Nintendo could have them shut down. Plus this is a non-profit game and thus there are not enough funds to actually pay for ads even if they could. :)

[font=arial, sans-serif]There are ways to promote, facebook is free, make a video on youtube also, as for the brand, it is not necessary to write "POKEMON" only pwo and several images of the game. But at this rate, the game is doomed, if they look at the server does not exceed 10%, it is very little. A shame the truth.[/font]

Status
Not open for further replies.