Easy low level training lategame (woo!)

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
A lot of you might think "No duh, I already know about this."

However, for those that don't, the Cerulean Cave Magikarps give you 2-3k experience per kill and don't know any good moves. Thus, if you have a level 10 and some potions (and you simply kill the poliwhirl/horsea with other pokemon) it's a fast ride to level 30.

>:]

Chart:
If magikarp is level 41, then...(the level of your pokemon you are training is grey. Pick one. Left = without membership, right = with membership). This is exp per kill.
exp.png

TheWyatt2012

I've noticed that with this method, the exp varies depending on the Pokemon/level. For instance, I got 8k from a battle with my level 5 Beldum, and now I'm getting around 5k at level 18 or so.

Saric

Youngster
..except when the karp uses Tackle and ko's your poke on the spot.

TheWyatt2012

Saric said:

I've used my level 7 Scyther and level 5 Beldum. Karp's Tackle is a 2 Hit KO on anything, and there's where you use a potion. Other than that all it has is Flail and Splash, which do only a little damage.

Algiers

TheWyatt2012 said:
Saric said:

I've used my level 7 Scyther and level 5 Beldum. Karp's Tackle is a 2 Hit KO on anything, and there's where you use a potion. Other than that all it has is Flail and Splash, which do only a little damage.

But if it keeps using Tackle, you have to keep using potions until it stops. That's damn expensive, and also slows you down quite a bit.

TheWyatt2012

Algiers said:
TheWyatt2012 said:
Saric said:

But if it keeps using Tackle, you have to keep using potions until it stops. That's damn expensive, and also slows you down quite a bit.

It doesn't constantly use Tackle. It has Splash and Flail which are bugged as well. Sure it's a slow process, but it's worth it because in the end you'll gain a few levels if you have a low level Pokemon.

In regards to the "expensive" part, that's why this is for lategame; usually people have quite a bit of money.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
In regards to the "expensive" part, that's why this is for lategame; usually people have quite a bit of money.

^^^ding ding ding. Also, with membership in cerulean cave, you can get $100-$300 dollars per kill. Without it you still make up some of the expenses.

Also, I used a level 10 skarm, so tackle like 5-hit KO'd me. Wyatt used a level 7 Scyther and it 2-hit KO'd him, it really depends on the pokemon's defenses. A lot of the time, though, it also uses flail/splash, so it takes longer than you think.
(Also,it gets better as you level up, which is every 1/2 karp kills in earlier levels. Eventually they don't do much to you.)

Trained up a Swablu from level 12 to 45 this way, and it didn't die too quickly. If it wasn't a viable method I wouldn't suggest it. =P

Saric

Youngster
CheckeredZebra said:

^^^
Also, I used a level 10 skarm, so tackle like 5-hit KO'd me. A lot of the time, though, it also used flail/splash, so it takes longer than you think. (Also,it gets better as you level up, which is every 1/2 karp kills in earlier levels. Eventually they don't do much to you.)
Trained up a Swablu from level 12 to 45 this way. If it wasn't viable I wouldn't suggest it. =P
The method is fine as long as your poke doesn't have a low base defense.

ash.catchem

Youngster
I too have a good idea, but it envolves risk, use that low level pokemon against graveler there, most of times it self-destructs and at such low levels it gives around 300-400k exp, I hve got it 3 times for a poke nincada while training from lvl 7. :)

TheWyatt2012

ash.catchem said:
I too have a good idea, but it envolves risk, use that low level pokemon against graveler there, most of times it self-destructs and at such low levels it gives around 300-400k exp, I hve got it 3 times for a poke nincada while training from lvl 7. :)

That's not exactly viable because most Pokemon would faint due to the Selfdestruct. It's easier just to use the method that Zeebrah has posted.

Naero

TheWyatt2012 said:
ash.catchem said:

That's not exactly viable because most Pokemon would faint due to the Selfdestruct. It's easier just to use the method that Zeebrah has posted.

Actually, Self-Destruct has been nerfed due to excessive amounts of experience being gained from players who methodized switching with a Pokemon, and using self-destruct on another Pokemon so all of the experience was credited to the weaker Pokemon. Currently, self-destruct inflicts minimal damage, so training against a wild Pokemon who uses that move is not hazardous for that reason.

ash.catchem

Youngster
Naero said:
TheWyatt2012 said:
ash.catchem said:

Actually, Self-Destruct has been nerfed due to excessive amounts of experience being gained from players who methodized switching with a Pokemon, and using self-destruct on another Pokemon so all of the experience was credited to the weaker Pokemon. Currently, self-destruct inflicts minimal damage, so training against a wild Pokemon who uses that move is not hazardous for that reason.
yeah.. and thats why i posted this idea, because i have used it many times and it worked for quick levelling up ;D , thats why, its on you to follow it.. :)

xNappa

lol you dont even need potions if your lvling a gastly or other ghost pkmn just troll magikarp all day long