Dratini Skin before quest?

T

Tmac8622

Can you get a Dratini Skin from knocking out a Dratini before you start the Dragon's Den quest? I figured I may as well knock one out if I ever see one just to get that out of the way before I get tempted to catch one for myself, since I know I'll want in the Dragon's Den at some point.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Yes if you encounter a dratini and kill it before the quest you will get the skin. However it's useless before the quest since when you talk to the npc who wants it he will remove it before you begin his part of it and you will still have to get another one. That was done so that we don't glitch that part of the quest and have to keep yelling out for admin to come and fix it.

So if you find a dratini before you start the quest- catch it!

T

Tmac8622

Thanks a ton for that, you just saved me a ton of rage, since I was planning to grind fishing up while I'm stuck in Vermillion and go hunt for Dratini Skin before I get too far. Thanks!

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
HitmonFonty said:
Yes if you encounter a dratini and kill it before the quest you will get the skin. However it's useless before the quest since when you talk to the npc who wants it he will remove it before you begin his part of it and you will still have to get another one. That was done so that we don't glitch that part of the quest and have to keep yelling out for admin to come and fix it.

So if you find a dratini before you start the quest- catch it!

this is the answer to the "broken quest" that a few of us had?